Author Topic: Your Job  (Read 16630 times)

Offline nepa old man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Your Job
« Reply #60 on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Sales rep for a nationwide environmental remediation contractor.
Good Friends, Good Family, Good Food, Good Fishin.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 12, 2006, 11:54 AM »
I'm a double biologist (Fisheries Biologist and a Wildlife Biologist) .  You would think that handling tens of thousands of fish (collecting scales, weight, and length data) during spring, summer, and fall lake and stream sampling that last thing I would want to do is fish, but is there anything better!! ;D   And if all else fails I can Legally Electrofish!! ;D Oh, and I also ranch just a tad over 7,000 acres in my spare time ;)

Powder River,

What brand of electroshocker unit do you use? Smith/Root? I just bought a used one that I will install in my boat that retails for about 5 grand brandnew for $895.00 from another fish farmer. Its a Coffelt VVP-2C 2000. I looks a little dated but I'm willing to take the risk for the price. Don't have to hire anyone anymore to electroshock and I'm thinking of getting into pond consulting along with the fish farming.

Ever heard of this brand?
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 12, 2006, 12:08 PM »
Full-time taxidermist specializing in fish! I bet you never guessed!   ;D
Got a technical degree in fisheries way back in 1978 from Alpena Community College.

I also have four ponds on the property in which I attempt to raise trophy fish that I sell to taxidermists, taxidermy schools, and fish replica makers all over the country. Main harvest method is hook and line. It's a tough job I know.  :'(

One pond that receives the well water flow in summer is for brooks and browns, the one the receives flow from that one is for yellow perch, and the largest pond on the property at the lowest level of the property that receives flow from the yellow perch pond is a bass and bluegill broodstock pond. Some yellow perch in that one too which is where the big one in the avatar was caught.

I also have a stand alone pond next to the trout pond that does not receive flow from any other ponds that I attempt to grow monster bluegills in.

I  do some freelance outdoor writing and used to write an outdoor column for a local newspaper. Didn't pay enough for the time IMHO and I quit that. 

Here's a small stringer of white crappies I did for a customer recently. He had me do two stringers of three. Look good on barn board eh?

I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:05 PM »
Proctologist

PIKEGUY

« Reply #64 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:24 PM »
Sounds like a sh*tty job  ;D

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:26 PM »
Deal with A$$ holes all day long

Offline The Clam

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • icin' eyes
« Reply #66 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:31 PM »
Mabey you should change your screen name to Dr. Longfinger ;D
Fish may be stupid but I've never seen a perch sitting in a boat with a second degree sun burn trying to catch a man.

Offline Mongo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:32 PM »
LOL
LOL

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #68 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:41 PM »
I'm self employed, owning and operating a wholesale and retail outlet for hardwood flooring.
M.T. Hardwoods West, Inc.  Kalamazoo,MI.

To be honest, I think I'd rather be a pro fisherman or maybe a fisheries biologist. Would I really have to get a degree for that job, or could I just get on the job training for a year to prove I really do know almost everything about fish.....lol ;D
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:47 PM »
I am a 5th generation owner/operator (Logistics Manager and everything else ;))of a manufacturing company. We have been making farm equipment (harrows) for over 100 years and in the last 10 years have moved into contract work manufacturing. Anyone have a Heat-N-Glo fireplace? If so, we made the grate for the logs and possibly the decorative front and the doors. Also, if you have a H-N-G or Thermorite wood stove, we make the tubular blower unit that the fire sits on. Also make climbing devices for Meyers power poles. (Hurricane season was good for us :-\)
Hey pikeguy you made yourself look pretty tough yesterday when you said: "Well, I just told the boss there's no stopping me".
Cheese Head

Offline FishN4Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:48 PM »
Vice President of a utility construction company that specializes in "trenchless" repairs to the infrastructure, ie:  instead of digging up and replacing pipes or conduits a liner is placed inside, basically a new pipe within the old pipe.  

It's an interesting business because it relies on new, ever evolving technology and allows me to meet people from all over the U.S. and the world.

Probably more explanation than needed!
FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Jan 12, 2006, 01:50 PM »
Business Analyst/Computer programmer/DBA/etc etc etc.  In short GEEK
Cheese Head

PIKEGUY

« Reply #72 on: Jan 12, 2006, 02:34 PM »
Hey pikeguy you made yourself look pretty tough yesterday when you said: "Well, I just told the boss there's no stopping me".

Trust me, I can still be stopped  :'( ;D  I was pretty serious though when I had to tell him I was leavingfor the second time. lol

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Jan 12, 2006, 03:04 PM »
Proctologist

Did you hear about the doctor that was walking down the hall of the hospital with a rectum thermometer behind his ear? A nurse stopped him and said, "Doctor, doctor did you know you have a rectum thermometer behind you ear?"

"Oh crap said the doctor, some a--hole's got my pencil!"  >:(

Offline DRabbit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Jan 12, 2006, 03:50 PM »
Student, going into Fisheries and Wildlife Biology.

Offline jgguppyboy2

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ice ice baby!
« Reply #75 on: Jan 12, 2006, 04:29 PM »
i am a sub contractor   vinyl sidding and replacement windows mostly and an EMT.   

taxidermist1   its a rectal thermometer

Offline bluelightguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Jan 12, 2006, 04:49 PM »
first off very cool topic  8)

I've been an mechanic for chrysler dodge jeep  for 10 years ,working at 2 dealers in that time , but will one day be a pro fisherman

Offline cc

• IceShanty Rookie
  • For sale used lady driven CF-18, contact AETE
« Reply #77 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Aviation technician in the Canadian Air force, going on my 20th year. Currently employed in the CF 18 cell in a test and evaluation unit, here is a pic of our units color bird.

Offline Big D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:34 PM »
I'm an Industrial Technology teacher in a high school, used to be a 3 sport coach (college football assistant, Head HS wrestling, assistant HS track)

Now they call me Dad, and my dream is to start a professional ice fishermans league, and make money doing it...he ehee
"If it ain't freezin', it ain't fishin' "

Offline pirkaus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Is it safe? You go first.
« Reply #79 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:38 PM »
I'm a shop foreman at a tractor dealership
It's hard for us turkeys to work.....                                    while dodging S#!* from soaring eagles

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:45 PM »
Machinery Technician in the Coast Guard 16yrs. I fix Diesel engines, AC&R, Hydraulics, Boilers, Turbines, pump etc etc 4 more yrs retire and start something else. I had fun but 20 is plenty.

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #81 on: Jan 12, 2006, 05:47 PM »
I sell compooter software to the federal government.  So all you who live in the US, make sure you pay your taxes so we have big budgets!!  ;D

Offline johnnyrottendadto4

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Jan 12, 2006, 06:09 PM »
Im a plumber/pipefitter foreman for a mechanical contractor. Also a member of the union going on 17 yrs in may( united association of plumbers and pipefitters)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #83 on: Jan 12, 2006, 06:57 PM »
i am a sub contractor   vinyl sidding and replacement windows mostly and an EMT.   

taxidermist1   its a rectal thermometer

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuse me Mr. Monk!  ::)

What do I know I only came up one semester short of being an RN. Must have been fishing the day they talked about rectal therms.  ;)2

Sorry couldn't resist.

Offline Big D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #84 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:00 PM »
Anyone know the difference between a rectal thermometer and an oral thermometer????
"If it ain't freezin', it ain't fishin' "

Offline tomevee

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:02 PM »
c.n.c. maching center

Offline IceKing

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release an a pan full of grease!
« Reply #86 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:47 PM »
Lawyer, Town & Village Judge, Volunteer Firefighter
Its Ice Now!

Offline The Darkness

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:55 PM »
Certified Network Engineer for a K-12 school corporation.
hmm..... fix the servers or go fishing..............

WORK is that annoying time between FISHING TRIPS

Offline Bean

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:56 PM »
Anyone know the difference between a rectal thermometer and an oral thermometer????

The Taste!  :sick:
Ken                                          

Offline stonecold16

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #89 on: Jan 12, 2006, 07:59 PM »
Paid firefighter (Captain) 19 years now. Part time job as a counter man at a plumbing and electrical wholesale store.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.