Author Topic: Jiffy Ice Auger Help  (Read 3341 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Jiffy Ice Auger Help
« Reply #30 on: Dec 09, 2013, 06:51 PM »
Can someone post some links of where to find Mora blades for this auger.  I have been looking and only seem to find Mora blades for Strike Master augers.  Also if possible, links for the carb kit as well.

Thanks!

The jiffy takes a jiffy chipper blade. They run about $32. I never heard of a mora blade for a jiffy. I think you have strikemaster and jiffy messed up.

Offline harleyharry

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 09, 2013, 08:51 PM »
That auger is the Jiffy model 30. It is a 3hp engine. It is old, but does not look like it has been abused. Your bid is in the ballpark as to the value. Here in MI, this unit would sell for a solid 200.00. Mora blades will not fit this unit. The blades can be obtained from Jiffy or one of their dealers. I used to sell 50 to 60 blades for this unit each season.

Harry

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #32 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:16 PM »

Offline ymustuknow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 09, 2013, 10:55 PM »
Thanks all!

Offline cjsteiny

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Dec 09, 2013, 11:34 PM »

I just bought the newest Jiffy pro4 propane model at scheels for 529.  Have not had time to test it out but I will let you know.  I have started it in the garage and have noticed already a small leak in the hose after the regulator.  I hope that's the only problem I have with it.
Did you get it?  I have had mine 10 years and am thinking of going propane. Anyone else have anything on propane?

Thanks.

P.S. We have plenty of ice in N.E. South Dakota now.

Offline ymustuknow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 11, 2013, 04:00 PM »
I did win the bid on the auction, thanks for all the input, now I just hope it lasts a while. :)

Offline SnoHam13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 11, 2013, 04:42 PM »
I did win the bid on the auction, thanks for all the input, now I just hope it lasts a while. :)

now you do realize for all the help and advise your required to punch holes for others here on the forum in repayment  ;D

SnoHam13

glad ya got it 

Offline lure loon

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 12, 2013, 05:31 PM »
I have the model 30 , and its a great auger , a little heavy , but cuts ice like butter . Dependable , mine is about  12 or 13 , no problems  just follow off season storage instructions .  Good luck . Hope you get it .

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.