Author Topic: Ice trike?  (Read 4461 times)

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Ice trike?
« on: Jan 24, 2010, 12:30 PM »
Has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone using a modified bike or trike with studded tires? The lake I fish doesn't allow ATVs  or snow machines. Thought it might be a good idea to get in and out a little quicker. Any ideas?
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline howesfc

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • "Eirinn go Brach"
Re: Ice trike?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2010, 02:40 PM »
How about a modified lawn tractor?

I was a Soldier I am a Soldier I will always be a Soldier

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2010, 03:05 PM »
i have seen modified golf carts on the ice before
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2010, 03:10 PM »
I'm working on the "Follow Me" shanty hauler. I should have a prototype ready for next year's ice. Same principal as the self propelled golf bag carriers.

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline deebsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2010, 05:02 PM »
How about a modified lawn tractor?

Have seen one before worked slick....no registration or insurance needed
;

Offline jkoegel

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 25, 2010, 03:44 PM »
If the lake won't allow snow machines or quads they probably mean any gasoline powered machine. But if you can make something work that is not on their prohibited list more power to ya.
If there is one thing I have learned since joining this site its to never underestimate the ingenuity of an ice fisherman.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2010, 04:12 PM »
hovercraft...no tracks.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swedish steel is for real
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2010, 04:26 PM »
I have studded tires for my cyclocross bike.  I think the brand is Nokian.  With all the rain we're getting in the northeast, the ice should be nice and smooth this weekend.   I'll definitely bring the bike and my skates for slow times between flags. 

I know from back in my bike shop days they are available in different sizes.  They work well, but they're kinda pricey.  You can always make your own, too.   

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:37 PM »
Has anyone ever seen or heard of anyone using a modified bike or trike with studded tires? The lake I fish doesn't allow ATVs  or snow machines. Thought it might be a good idea to get in and out a little quicker. Any ideas?

Vintage 1972 Rokon Trail Breaker 2 wheel drive. My mechanical mule. Photos are before I studded both tires. Can drag around my 200 pound darkhouse on glare ice with no problem. I have used it to drag out a half of a bull moose at a time. The logo on the side of the gas tank says it all...."GOES ANYWHERE."
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline UpNorth -21

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "FISH ON"
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:46 PM »
Nice scooter you got there nice and lite and easy to work on!!!! Why would you not be allowed to use snowmobiles are they worried about pollution or noise???  Up here theres snowmobiles everywhere just cant understand what they hurt?
"Catch And Release into the Grease"

Offline PikeSticker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Another day at the office~!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2010, 06:49 PM »
Up here in Alaska I've found out a number of lakes that are in the city limits of Anchorage don't allow snowmachines on them I guess due to the "peace and quiet" requirements in residential neighborhoods. Yet they allow float planes on the lake in summer and on skis in the winter. Go figure.
~~~ Keep your powder dry and your nose to the wind~!  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day~!

Offline UpNorth -21

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "FISH ON"
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2010, 07:03 PM »
Yea im sure someone complained and that was the end, people probably hate me cuz my sled is race piped and ear piercing  ;D But thats ok i dont really care to each there own im not gonna go complain!! Dont sweat the small stuff
"Catch And Release into the Grease"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.