Author Topic: Light ideas?  (Read 4473 times)

Offline Seedtree

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The older I get, the better I was.
Re: Light ideas?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 30, 2009, 08:53 PM »
I have'nt tried my rope light setup for duration time off my locator battery yet (have'nt been out that long), how many hours do you think you get out of the battery with both running? Thanks Seedtree.

I used my LED rope lights numerous times for 3 day weekends in frigid conditions off my Vex battery without any noticeable dimming of the lights.  Probably around 16-18 hours for the lights, more for the Vex.  No problem.

I did find a deal on and bought an extra vex-type battery from Scheels to run my lights and also an aerator, as well as a Vex backup (which I've never had to use as a backup).  With such a setup, I've gone for 4 day weekends without a recharge. 

To make a short story long, the LED rope lights use very little amps.

Offline Hardguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 30, 2009, 11:16 PM »
HT makes a 4" round tent style led fixture that has a very strong magnet and a hook for hanging from the top pipe of the shanty. Very bright and two differant levels of light. $10 and claims 30 hours on 4 AA batteries.

Offline mako003

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2009, 02:19 AM »
ok this will sound strange were I live I  do a lot surf fishing at nite and out on the beach I found the best light what I use is a 12 volt white rope light you know the ones hanging from house  more then enough lite  the led ones draw 24 mill amps which is 9 hours on a charge hope this helps

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:08 AM »

Just bought a 2 pack of these flashlights for $4.99 at Harbor Freight. They have a bunch of different LED lights that you could  use. YERY reasonably priced.

Just hang them where you want. Very bright!
RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Madpuppy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • CAGA HOKUWA
« Reply #34 on: Jan 31, 2009, 06:59 AM »
I used my LED rope lights numerous times for 3 day weekends in frigid conditions off my Vex battery without any noticeable dimming of the lights.  Probably around 16-18 hours for the lights, more for the Vex.  No problem.

I did find a deal on and bought an extra vex-type battery from Scheels to run my lights and also an aerator, as well as a Vex backup (which I've never had to use as a backup).  With such a setup, I've gone for 4 day weekends without a recharge. 

To make a short story long, the LED rope lights use very little amps.

Thanks Seedtree!
I'D RATHER BE HATED FOR WHO I AM,
THAN LOVED FOR WHO I'M NOT.

Offline marmooskapaul

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Jan 31, 2009, 07:18 AM »
I use a RV accessary light that uses an 1156 lamp and has an on/off switch on it. I replace the 1156 bulb with a square LED circuit board light from superbrightleds. Very bright and compact. The LED is made to plug into an 1156 socket. You could put two of these set ups in your tent and both would have their own on/off switch. I use a vex battery and really think one would be enough, as I light my otter den with one. The LED is around 20$ and the RV light is around 6$. The 1156 lamp works great by itself but will drain a vex battery in about two hours.The LED 9 light circuit board last? Iv'e never drained the battery yet? The whole set up is 3" x 5"
Paul

Offline KgBnY315

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 31, 2009, 02:14 PM »
Anyone got an Idea or plans on how i can make some sort of lighting system for a 2 man shanty? Was thinking about having 2 bulbs maybe 15w each and wireing it to a vex battery with some sort of switch so you can have your light on or off. Anybody got an idea on how i can do this? What parts will I need? Ive got a spare vex battery so thats not a problem.
some led lights work well have a look
http://www.clamcorpstore.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=311

Offline JT

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Eat Fish Hunt Tattoo
« Reply #37 on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:43 PM »
Got a crappie night fishing headlight from wally world for cheap and run it off of a optima battery and that lights up the whole shack.
myspace.com/tat2byjt

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.