Author Topic: not a bad last day on the ice!!  (Read 1128 times)

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
not a bad last day on the ice!!
« on: Mar 10, 2007, 06:32 PM »
Well we went out again this mornin, we were fishin by 8, and off the lake before 11:00, got our 3 guy limit of 75 fish, then went home and chased some yotes, got 3 yotes today with the group, today was most likely my last day on the ice, i may go next weekend if the ice is still present but for the most part im puttin the ice rods away and getting all the steelie rods tied up, goin to the Rogue River tomarrow afternoon after dinner with the family to see if i cant hook the fish steelie of the year on fly tackle, then next week with the warmer weather its to 6th street with the spin rods and spawn!  Good luck everyone and stay safe!!

Offline keva

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: not a bad last day on the ice!!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 10, 2007, 06:57 PM »
Congratulations on the coyotes! I love hunting them. I am done this ice fishing season also.

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2007, 10:23 AM »
Yep! all good things come to an end, but cant wait to get back on the rivers after the steelies! Headin out today pm to the rogue with the fly rod to see what i can do

Offline PondPro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH ON!!!!!!!!FISH OFF.............
« Reply #3 on: Mar 11, 2007, 11:49 AM »
sounds like you ended this season good, and good luck on fishing the rivers.
Tom G :tipup:<br />

Offline crappie66

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 11, 2007, 12:36 PM »
What do you do with the coyotes?  I took a taxidermy class years ago, and since then have always wanted to mount a coyote with a good winter coat on it.
Real fisherman don't yield to the weather.

Offline irishjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My Favorite Fishin Partner!
« Reply #5 on: Mar 11, 2007, 02:04 PM »
Had a day on the ice and hope its not the last ! Wasnt very productive , fished by myself in a pretty good spot and did pretty bad ?? Just gonna have to give it a go again next weekend  ;)
I spent all my money on fishin,huntin,and beer  , everything else was just a waste!
TEAM MIRC NYRC Official Mic Of Mirc

Offline Mr.Vexilar

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2007, 09:47 AM »
ok i lied, i couldnt resist, went out again yesterday and got another limit with my buddy 50 fish, you could about push the auger throught the 8 " of slush, i think if you'da jumped hard enufff in the right spot you woulda gone right through! But we got another limit, and with this week being really wamr, that was pry the last time out!!! on the way back to the truck, there was about a foot of open water up against the shore by the boat launch!! SO im not plannin of getting out anymore this year!! We sell the coyotes, i beleive we have one left if you're interested in him, good coat on em, big male. let me know if you're interested, were selling for $15 a piece,

Be safe everyone!! Ice is gettin soft in Lower michigan!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.