The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Strike Master Electric Auger  (Read 3371 times)

Offline 2izm

• IceShanty Rookie
Strike Master Electric Auger
« on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:23 AM »
Has anybody used an electric strikemaster auger?  I am wondering because I recently purchased one and already - I'm having some problems with it.  Apparently - the plastic handle on the motor broke and for some odd reason - the auger drill was not powerful enough to go through ice thicker than 10 inches or so.  If you or anybody you know has one - please give me your opinion.  Thanks.

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Strike Master Electric Auger
« Reply #1 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:29 AM »
Has anybody used an electric strikemaster auger?  I am wondering because I recently purchased one and already - I'm having some problems with it.  Apparently - the plastic handle on the motor broke and for some odd reason - the auger drill was not powerful enough to go through ice thicker than 10 inches or so.  If you or anybody you know has one - please give me your opinion.  Thanks.

Wow! :o....I have had a 7" Electra for 2 weeks now and have nothing but praise for the unit  :thumbsup:...it drilled through 14" of ice almost as quick as my friends Jiffy gas auger did!....maybe your unit is defective..Call Strikemaster!....the handles on mine seem almost indestructible!

Offline PigShanks

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 06, 2007, 11:33 AM »
Not a strikemaster, but a Jiffy Stealth LECTRIC  8". This thing cuts. WOW!!! About 30 holes thru 15" of ice on a sled/garden tractor battery 350CCamps. Not sure what your augers problem might be, but check the battery, it might not be powerful enough.

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 06, 2007, 04:48 PM »

Contact Us 

StrikeMaster® Ice Augers
17217 198th Avenue • Big Lake, MN 55309
Phone: 763.263.8999 • Fax: 763.263.8986

E-mail: Strikemaster
Hard Ice

Offline bigstone ice addict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 12, 2007, 01:46 PM »
I have a strike master auger, Work great. With less then 10" of ice could drill 20 holes without recharge. The ice is almost 20inches nowcan drill around 10 more if I let it sit for awhile in between. SOunds like the battery may be defective
 :) :) :)

Offline 2izm

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2007, 10:58 AM »
Thanks for all of your opinions, recommendations, and personal experiences with the electric auger.  I did get mine checked out and apparently everything is okay.  I got the plastic handles on the auger replaced - don't know why the handles broke so easily and even the auger repairman for Strikemaster was not sure either.  Now everything works well after a minor tune up...I guess.  Thanks again. :)

Offline heiman507

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2007, 02:36 PM »
got the 7" strike.  Have had it for a while and love it.  Can drill 15+ holes when over a foot thick.  I love it in the ice house.  No more smoke and it is fast too. ;D

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2007, 02:49 PM »
Contact Us 

StrikeMaster® Ice Augers
17217 198th Avenue • Big Lake, MN 55309
Phone: 763.263.8999 • Fax: 763.263.8986

E-mail: Strikemaster
Now that's what I call fast service  :thumbsup: A reply,the same day you posted the problem.

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2007, 03:42 PM »
I told Strikemaster about a problem I was having with my hand-auger handle, and they sent me a new one the same day...the operations manager emailed me and told me to call him on his cell...Great service and then some!!!
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2007, 06:20 PM »
Now that's what I call fast service  :thumbsup: A reply,the same day you posted the problem.

we aim to please..or die trying..
Hard Ice

Offline toguetaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • This is fishing!
« Reply #10 on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:43 AM »
we aim to please..or die trying..

What service. Thats great when a company stands behind its product and is willing to do what it takes to make the customer happy. Great Job Strkiemaster.....You almost make me want to trade in my Jiffy ;D

Thank you to all my fellow Veterans

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 08, 2007, 11:10 AM »
thanks i'll pass it along when i go down next week..
I'v never owned a jiffy and after seeing the service i get out of Strike Master i'm not sure i want one ether..
Hard Ice

Offline icedad

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2007, 03:30 AM »
I have an electric drive unit called ice gator. It consist of 2 12 volt battery's connected to a 24 volt motor. It's recommended to adapt to a 6'' lazer auger or smaller. I was able to drill in 14'' of ice 100 holes before the battery's went dead. It also cut 5'' of  ice per second. No more hand drilling for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.