The ice fishing MN boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Mille Lacs  (Read 3580 times)

Offline baune13

• IceShanty Rookie
Mille Lacs
« on: Dec 20, 2005, 02:02 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has heard of Sunset Bay Resort on Mille Lacs.  Myself and a few buddies are coming up the 2nd weekend in Jan. and renting a bunkhouse shack from them for the weekend.  Any thoughts on how good/bad an idea this is.  How's the fishing been so far up there?  any info appreciated.

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mille Lacs
« Reply #1 on: Dec 21, 2005, 06:58 PM »
I'm going next week.  i'll post a report when I get back.

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Just returned from sunset bay and was very pleased.  The houses were very nice as well as the newly remodeled cabins.  All the staff was very friendly.  You should have a good time

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2005, 05:41 PM »
Just returned from sunset bay and was very pleased.  The houses were very nice as well as the newly remodeled cabins.  All the staff was very friendly.  You should have a good time
But the important thing, did you get anything?

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline trapsht

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2005, 09:02 AM »
Only 1 walleye, but all the jumbo perch we could catch..so all in all not a bad trip.  as we were leaving they were beginning to move the houses into deeper water so I suspect the wallleye bite to get better in their houses.

Offline baune13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 03, 2006, 07:44 AM »
Thanks for the info.  Glad to here everything went well AND you caught fish!!

Offline reefrunner

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Need more holes!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 03, 2006, 06:51 PM »
Is that Sunset bay Resort you guys been talking about in Wahkon Bay on the SE end of the lake. Went up this past weekend and fished 8-Mile but didn't catch any worth keeping. Fished the south end of Curly's Monday and got 8 decent perch and 2-17" walleyes. Drove the truck out the whole weekend. 15" of ice all over but VERY WET!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2006, 11:51 AM »
was on another web site this moning and this is what i have found just thought i would pass it on..
 this is why you you should lisen to the resorts......

It seems like it has been weeks since the last update…We have been waiting for good, definite news on the weather! The warm weather did not go away, the ice is still soft and careful travel on the ice is still highly stressed.

We have not pulled any houses the last couple of day's however the cold streak we have been waiting for seems to be here. If the ice gets the good freeze it needs over the next couple of day's we should be pulling again by Friday to get more houses out by the weekend.

The bite has not stopped, all areas seem to be hitting good and have heard many saying this has been the best winter bite in years!

If you want to be pulled, I would recommend Friday. I am still recommending Shaws for a good location since the ice is still soft and if we get a big snowstorm at this point it could be very difficult to get to the houses that are out past the cracks.

Hard Ice

millelacsresort

« Reply #8 on: Jan 12, 2006, 12:37 AM »
Where was this picture at? Im on most of the Minnesota sites and havent seen this. Was this on the west side or south side? Hard Ice, do you mind if I post this on www.lakestatefishing.com
Some people will sh*t a brick!

Bill/Will/or Dick!

Offline Hard Ice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Jan 12, 2006, 02:41 PM »
sure go ahead forword any where you want but i thought thats where i found the pic at..

ok i did some checking and found this..
http://www.lakestatefishing.com/ftopict-8017.html

truck went in here ..
http://www.fishermenswharfmn.com/ice_conditions.htm
Hard Ice

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.