New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339115 times)

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #600 on: Feb 11, 2013, 07:03 PM »
That sleet must have been brutal.   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline beaver1080

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #601 on: Feb 11, 2013, 07:06 PM »
damn looks like you guys are hitting them good, kinda like jon told me you should :) hopefully next time out i'll get a few on the jig pole and not off combseys tip up

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #602 on: Feb 11, 2013, 08:11 PM »
so jealous,the weekend cant come quik enough...wait its only monday ahhh  >:( :%$#!: oh well

hay mealworm great fish.ice hole and i would like to get into them to.give me a call please.623 3311 thanks tc5
i'll call you forn this weekend not sure if i have fri off or not yet

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #603 on: Feb 11, 2013, 09:28 PM »
Dang, Jeff, I'm gonna ride my bike over there just to get in on it!!!! great fish and luck!!!  :thumbsup: :woot:
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #604 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:15 AM »

Good day Andy, I know where you are fishing, the very 1st time I ice fished was there. Myself &n 2 other guys caught 340 perch, that's when there wasn't a limit on them. I don't like the looks of the ice where you get on, but that's me.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #605 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:18 AM »

I saw this @ MDB yesterday on my way home yesterday, I thought it was a little crazy.

Offline Fish-N-Adventures

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish on!
« Reply #606 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:14 AM »
was out yesterday, plenty of ice, 2 lakers (1 tipup - 1 perch jig pole), and about 25-30 perch, c&r.
The wind, snow, sleet, rain didn't stop us, but a little shanty time was nice, didn't need the heater, but at times the wind was gusty and nice out of it in shanty eat'n lunch.  ;) Till next time, Fish On!

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #607 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:19 AM »
Looks like a road plowed???   I saw many vehicle tracks where I was yesterday...but over 18" of ice.... :o :o
Not on LG with 10" max.....People will push it and some will find out the hard way that it wasn't the smartest thing to do.... @)

Offline mercrat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #608 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:35 AM »
Great day bird!

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Whose idea was this anyway?
« Reply #609 on: Feb 12, 2013, 09:53 AM »
Awesome day out yesterday with Andy, Kenny and the boys.  We have had a blast this year every time out.  Glad I was there to watch Andy get into the Lakers real good.  The 5 limits of Perch and the Lakers were just the bonus. 

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #610 on: Feb 12, 2013, 09:59 AM »
had a good day out on northwest baythe other day . my brother landed 5 i landed 2 and my dad landed 2. marked a ton of fish just not many biters.

doubles!

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #611 on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:11 AM »
I'm shooting for Saturday, although that small still voice keeps telling me to jump in the car and hit the afternoon bite today.  Lol.

Offline iceplank

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #612 on: Feb 12, 2013, 10:40 AM »

That's the beauty of being taught how to find perch instead of just lurking out the crowd.

thats the beauty of lake george.. if you want a fresh spot with unpressure perch if your willing to move your a%& one can do it. just like anything
else in life, keep your eye on the crowd and head in another direction... with a map ;D... has anyone seen anyone on it or been on nwest bay themselves this yr? i am talking 400 yds past green island or more? or is it still open?
friends dont let friends fish dead holes.

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #613 on: Feb 12, 2013, 11:11 AM »
That's the beauty of being taught how to find perch instead of just lurking out the crowd.

:thumbsup:

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #614 on: Feb 12, 2013, 11:35 AM »
does anyone on this thread have a job?? Certain guys seem to be fishing all the time almost everyday and catching fish. Cool for them, but how does one manage to have the time?? Just a little jealous and curious. :)

Offline zAc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #615 on: Feb 12, 2013, 11:52 AM »
does anyone on this thread have a job?? Certain guys seem to be fishing all the time almost everyday and catching fish. Cool for them, but how does one manage to have the time?? Just a little jealous and curious. :)

I bet some of theese guys put in 14 hour days in the summer working their a$$ off. Prollie dont even open water fish other than a vacation or what not. And the rest have paid there dues and are retired.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #616 on: Feb 12, 2013, 12:49 PM »
Last year I was laid off so it was great.   Not so this year but with swing shifts I can fish when I get out in the mornings or when I get out.      Work 3 days one week 4 the next gives me alot of days off to fish

Offline zAc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #617 on: Feb 12, 2013, 01:15 PM »
Last year I was laid off so it was great.   Not so this year but with swing shifts I can fish when I get out in the mornings or when I get out.      Work 3 days one week 4 the next gives me alot of days off to fish

Thats the way to do if you can, every other week you get a mini vacation once you catch up on some sleep.

Offline zAc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #618 on: Feb 12, 2013, 01:54 PM »
Hey this is a family site, no using that 4 letter word!  Work??!!!  I'm lucky enough to have a wife with a good job and long commute.  As long as house is clean, chores are done, and dinner's ready, I'm a free man.

That was my goal but it didnt work out that way, so i am stuck at work reading iceshanty until the weekend

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #619 on: Feb 12, 2013, 02:12 PM »
           Well I took early retirement so I can hunt & fish & be young enough & in shape to do so. :thumbsup:

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #620 on: Feb 12, 2013, 02:12 PM »
Hey this is a family site, no using that 4 letter word!  Work??!!!  I'm lucky enough to have a wife with a good job and long commute.  As long as house is clean, chores are done, and dinner's ready, I'm a free man.
^^^If there's a dude to be jealous of on this thread. It's this dude right here! ^^^
My oldest wants to get out this weekend.
Hopefully I'll have to pics to put up here too.
Keep em coming in the meantime guys. Some of us gotta do stuff!
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #621 on: Feb 12, 2013, 03:23 PM »
I'm shooting for Saturday, although that small still voice keeps telling me to jump in the car and hit the afternoon bite today.  Lol.
Yo Cory, the pa guys will be up the 22thru24th, look forward to getting caught up  ;) duffy

Offline ice tripper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • ice tripping all over the capital region for 30yrs
« Reply #622 on: Feb 12, 2013, 03:57 PM »
Went out of MDB today,drove the quad about 2miles up the lake,managed to get 3 lakers,alot of lookers not alot of chasers gonna head out in the morning and get a little fishing in before i have to go to work..I also work a swing shift wont b back out until monday morning.

Offline MSicefisher17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #623 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:17 PM »
I hear a lot about "Vet's" on lake George, can someone help me out and tell me where it's located?

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #624 on: Feb 12, 2013, 04:25 PM »
bolton      near the sagamore

Offline MSicefisher17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #625 on: Feb 12, 2013, 05:10 PM »
thanks

Offline ejp419

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #626 on: Feb 12, 2013, 05:12 PM »
I figured out a long time ago that the only guys that put in a lot of time outdoors are self-employed. I had an opportunity and took it. I own a masonry business and work my a$$ off all summer to be able to take quite a bit of time off from October to April. I love the outdoors and have decided to make my life so that I can enjoy it while I still can....

Offline 5watchman5

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #627 on: Feb 12, 2013, 06:48 PM »
The other guys can speak for themselves.  Me, I have two jobs.  One of them is ten hour days with 3 days off and the other one involves a two hundred mile commute each weekend. 

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #628 on: Feb 12, 2013, 06:54 PM »
Yo Cory, the pa guys will be up the 22thru24th, look forward to getting caught up  ;) duffy
Just counting the days. ;D
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #629 on: Feb 12, 2013, 07:01 PM »
The other guys can speak for themselves.  Me, I have two jobs.  One of them is ten hour days with 3 days off and the other one involves a two hundred mile commute each weekend.
[/quote  I got no job,retired. I got a 3 and a half hr. commute to get to my place in Altmar and another 2 and a half hrs to get over to see how you are doing grasshopper. Hope to see you next weekend Cory.
Jim K.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.