New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339086 times)

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #810 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:42 PM »

yep numbers can bum some people out i think that it shows the skill level of some how they have the ability to consistently catch fish no matter what flavor it is , well I'm coming for 2 days next week with some great guys , which I'm the green horn looking to ice my first laker , looking forward to being tested , and i don't cry over split milk , I'm coming to have a good time and some good old fashion ball busting , then back to Oneida
I am with you Fillet. I can't wait till Friday. All packed up and ready to go. Smoked up some Salmon and steelhead for the trip.
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #811 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:43 PM »
i just love when a laker sees you pulling it away and they just rocket up and smash it! its like taking a big mac from a fat kid!

Offline wiredstone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #812 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:45 PM »
 ;D lol. I hear that
MAY YOUR FLAGS FLY HIGH & YOUR LINES BE TIGHT.

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #813 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:45 PM »
I'm coming to visit you :).    Maybe if I didn't visit do much I might have better numbers:). Oh well I much rather watch people catch fish and anybody that has fished with me can tell you I'm not joking about that. 
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #814 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:47 PM »
Jeremy don't get excited and start throwing numbers out there   
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #815 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:49 PM »
ow i will on thursday! well be armed with 2 vexes and 12 hours of time to burn! i aint leavin at 10 this time. i prolly catch 100 ;D

Offline Ziehnertfish007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #816 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:51 PM »
I recently fished out of Hearthstone last weekend. There was a good 8+ inches of ice. I only landed one laketrout which was 21 inches and hooked another. With most of the lake having 6+ inches of ice, i would think most of the North end is frozen. I will report back after this week to report about the North end. Tight lines :)

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #817 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:52 PM »
Tell ya what filet, it's not an if we get into them it's when, when we do it will spoil you, no nap time for sure,lol. All that said, anybody been out from Boon Bay? pm is good

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #818 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:53 PM »
dont assume anything on this lake! still open water by the narrows and up by hague

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #819 on: Feb 17, 2013, 02:54 PM »
Is the Hague next weekend?

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #820 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:07 PM »
I'm coming to visit you :).    Maybe if I didn't visit do much I might have better numbers:). Oh well I much rather watch people catch fish and anybody that has fished with me can tell you I'm not joking about that.

I will be spending my day helping my wife and youngest and it will be just as much fun as if I were alone rippin lips!!

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #821 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:16 PM »
Anyone have a report for the ice between Green and Crown?

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #822 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:17 PM »
hey BUSSMAN, how the heck you been? haven't seen you on here in forever. fished with you down on Otsego years ago.

Steve

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #823 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:38 PM »
I keep my head down and keep quite. Its a way to keep the crazies away. Us more experienced mods learned how to stay out of trouble the hard way!!  ;)

Honestly my boys have been obsessed with skiing the past few years and I haven't had much ice time. Now all of a sudden my youngest decided he wanted to fish and now that I am going more everyone is interested again!!!  ;D I want to take the family down to LG and I hate to drag them down there to spend a day looking for good ice so I am humbly looking for good info so I can keep them safe and interested. My ice time might depend on it! LOL

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #824 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:42 PM »
nice, congrats on the family taking up the interest, and to you to get back on the ice again. hoping to make my way up there this Friday with my son. take care and good luck.

Steve

Offline Bussman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #825 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:54 PM »
Were planning on fishing all week. I took 3 nights off to fish while they are interested. Were hitting a bunch of different places this week and I hope to really get them hooked! They all know how cool perch fishing can be but only my 15 year old knows what its like to catch lakers using the flasher. Its such a thrill and I know if I can put them on fish we will be doing a lot more fishing. I enjoy skiing but if I have to pick between skiing and fishing that is not a hard choice.

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #826 on: Feb 17, 2013, 03:57 PM »
also, nice disguise on being a "mod lurker" lol

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #827 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:10 PM »
Finally off the ice! Got our butt kicked by the wind the last hour! We looked like pigs on roller skates coming off the ice!

Now, on the subject of crazy fish numbers, I take no offense to the raised eyebrows and to opinions expressed.  As a reasonably experienced angler like so many of the great guys and friends here on IS what happened yesterday and today was WAY beyond the norm for most and especially for me! The fish were simply willing and the bite was on! Didn't matter what we threw at them. What's even kookier is that we didn't even have to move. They just kept coming and coming! Anyway, no magic here just plain luck! That being said, Ship of Fools, BC Shanty and myself iced a total of 78 fish and when added to yesterday's total of 74 fishing with Ship, WEC, Ice Wanderer and Combsey it's a mind boggling total all from the same approximate 100 x 100 foot piece of ice! The single two BEST days of ice fishing I've ever experienced!

Here's wishing everyone the same good time!

Mike

A few noteworthy specimens from today!

Offline riverat24

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #828 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:24 PM »
Wow that is impressive.  Imprint those days of catching for the days you are fishing.  A couple of buddies and I had a May Day on the Hudson when we caught 22 Stripers so you keep replaying that tape and retell the story when fishing is slow.  Congrats on a career day.  Was hoping to fish tomorrow but that windchill may scare me off.  Shoulda gone yesterday.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #829 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:38 PM »

That's impressive, I'm glad that your 2 days on the King was a great success. :woot: The wind was brutal here, I can imagine what it was like out on the lake. ::)

Offline Ziehnertfish007

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #830 on: Feb 17, 2013, 04:54 PM »
Does anyone know the ice conditions around hague to Anthonys Nose?

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #831 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:02 PM »
REGARDING NORTH LG... HAGUE - From Flirtation island in hague south past silver bay is wide open. It is real solid in front of the look out view points at the north end of the base of tongue mountain. There's guys parking in the look out pull off section and walking down the steep embankment to get onto the ice.. From friends point north the lake was frozen over almost solidly with a tiny stream running through the middle. with the wind sat night to sunday morning, that stream is now a damn river. be careful if not avoid it completely. I fished forest bay unsuccessfully in the later part of the day after spending the morning at Lake rd. (south of bolton) -lake rd access was easy and ice was very thick.
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #832 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:04 PM »
REGARDING NORTH LG... HAGUE - From Flirtation island in hague south past silver bay is wide open. It is real solid in front of the look out view points at the north end of the base of tongue mountain. There's guys parking in the look out pull off section and walking down the steep embankment to get onto the ice.. From friends point north the lake was frozen over almost solidly with a tiny stream running through the middle. with the wind sat night to sunday morning, that stream is now a damn river. be careful if not avoid it completely. I fished forest bay unsuccessfully in the later part of the day after spending the morning at Lake rd. (south of bolton) -lake rd access was easy and ice was very thick.
thanx for the report how deep you fishin in forest bay and can you get to around 90' and can you get to the perch beds,i'd love to get out on forest bay,haven't been there in years

Offline mealworm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • summer sucks
« Reply #833 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:09 PM »

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #834 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:31 PM »
I don't know a damn thing about the perch beds and I was able to get to 50' last weekend but not this weekend.. its a little sketchy but i can get out on to the ice i just need a fishing buddy for some added confidence.. I'm a newby so i need someone with me cuz walking on the ice freaks me out with open water surrounding me.

"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #835 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:51 PM »
JAGER, congrats on the stellar two days of laker fishing. :bow: :bow: :thumbsup: :clap:. Everyone dreams about a day like that say nothing about two.  :tipup: :tipup:

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #836 on: Feb 17, 2013, 05:58 PM »
hey guys, could it be possible that im getting a lot of chasers but nothing strikes because of the scent of cigarettes, or gas, or other human odors on my gear. I was using scent oil from 307 and that didn't help so I don't know. Just asking a ton of questions because the few I have caught were a blast but it gets discouraging seeing them on the fish finder, seeing them chase it up but not strike. Seems like once they fall off on the fish finder they.

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #837 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:03 PM »
gonna give it a shot next weekend and if its another fail ill be taking out the striper gear and getting that ready.

Offline ak47

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #838 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:37 PM »
Hi everyone! I was lucky to be there on Saturday. What a day - ice fishing can`t be better than that imho...friends, scenery, ice, weather and fish! Our numbers were way more modest but the fun was as great. I`m not very experienced with jigging for them lakers, used flasher for the first time ;D and man, it makes difference. It was cool just to see how they rise to the lure and follow it for like 10 feet. Had many chasers, maybe 5-6 fish in 15 minutes at some time but it was crazy difficult to make them hit it. I definitely learned something new. Special thanks to Captain JJ, especially from kids, for all his care, knowledge and assistance!  ;)I`ll try to post some pics later..

Mike-glad you and your team did THIS well. Congratulations!

Offline Iamthenextone34

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #839 on: Feb 17, 2013, 06:43 PM »
Is cotton point accessible by Atv?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.