Author Topic: Last trip of the year  (Read 914 times)

Offline Jiffy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Last trip of the year
« on: Mar 25, 2007, 10:40 AM »
Well we headed out for the last trip of the year yesterday to whitemouth and I thought it was a great way to end the season The only problem was TIME first we had to go and cool of the bee's by putting an extra vent in because if we didn't they would have gone crazy in the warmer temps coming. So there goes and hour and then we can go so we swing by my grandparents and pick em up then go to woodridge to get minnowsSOLDOUT dangit!!! so now we go all the way back to steinbach to get some livies and then back to whitemouth and only start fishing at about 1:30. We started about 300 yrds of shore in the southeast corner and relized that the light levels had increased in the lake could she the jig while sitting in your chair. So we decided to go out to deeper water and fished aroung for about 2 hrs with nothing until we finally found em we only had about 3 hrs left in our day so we decided to get fishing we drilled about 20 holes in the area and then set our rods in eight of em 2 per person first rod starts going about 10 mins in nice 16" walleye then that rod produced 2 more 15 inchers and then I moved to the farther hole and nailed two 15 inchers right away so now we have 5 eaters and only about 1 hr left we start to move around the area and my grandpa nails a nice 17 incher. My dad got one more and then my grandma tied into to her first but lost it then I lost two and then with 30 mins left grandma nails a 15 incher and we decide to pack er in and head home.

You can drive on very easily with a 4 by 4  just I think this could have been the last weekend for that ice the ice is all soft with about 2 and a 1/2 feet but there are pockets that are thinner there is pockets of water all over the lake and you can only drill in the small few to come by snow parts because your hole causes a water draining thing so I don't know if any body wants to venture out next weekend cause with this warm weather coming i son't know how safe that ice is gonna be.

BRING ON THE SOFT WATER ;) ::)
Jaymes Hiebert

Humminbird - Jiffy - Clam Corp - Mr. Heater - Berkely

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
Re: Last trip of the year
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25, 2007, 12:53 PM »
Great report Jiffy!!! Looks like you have a nice meal of walleye in the nearby future.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline perch-man

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Born To FISH Forced To Work
Re: Last trip of the year
« Reply #2 on: Mar 25, 2007, 08:23 PM »
Good to hear you got some eyes Jiffy thanks for report

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.