Author Topic: news from northern quebec  (Read 15191 times)

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: news from northern quebec
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2004, 06:03 PM »
HI sturgeon

HERE what up whit this tornement i did talk about,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Its the third tornement they do.........

saturday the 19 feb,,,,,,2005 
12.00 to 15.00 only 3 h tornement
50 $ for 1 hole (all hole are pre drill)
30000 in prize ex 1 vtt 400 honda,,,,,,1vtt 350 honda,,,,,,honda outboard motor 8hpetc etc

its in alexandria ontario (all live realease)

and you can win early bird if register urly,,,,,,,,,

i tell you we ad a blast last year over there there was about more thene 900 fisherman,,,you chould see this at the buzzer at the 12 00 all thos line going in the water,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,their was more thene 400 fish caught that day more thene 360 pike
all in a lake not bigger than about 200 to 300 acre.....very small......
go figure where all thos fish come frome,,,,,,,,i will be there this year........

any more info,,,,,,,,,or the phone number off the organizer just ask,,,,,,,,

take care guys
have all a nice ice season.....

joco ;D

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2004, 06:10 PM »
HI trophy hunter

I am frome hull ottawa the border betwen ontario and quebec province

i target walley and perch and pike,,,,,,,but i am going for some lake trout this year in ontario lake simco,,,,,,,,

icebigboy,,,,,,,,comment sa va,,,,,
you can get those small jig in c.t. there are some over there ,,,,,,,you could yous some nynphs to or you can do theme yourself to,,,,,,,,i will find some on the net for you,,,,,,,,

i just put my boat in the barn for the winter,,,,,,,now i am flurting whit my auger and ice rod ::),,,,,,,can t wait for some ice,,,,,,we just had so mutch rain,,,,the river went up about 1,5 feet higher,,,jeeeeee

take care guyssssssssss

joco 8)

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Nov 29, 2004, 01:35 PM »
Hi joco I sure hope you guys get some ice I have been out 3 times already we have 4-5 inches of ice I think it's going to be a good year my first walleye was a nice fat 20 inch 3 lbs not too bad of a start!! :)

Offline icebigboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Nov 29, 2004, 06:49 PM »
hi guys ,you are very lucky out going 3 times trophy hunter.i'll take tips for perch anytime.
i'm very jalous grumpymoe. :'(

i don't know what's going on around here but it's not so cold.it's snowing raining snowing snowing. :'(
blow us the cold weather th :D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Nov 29, 2004, 07:23 PM »
You watch icebigboy it will come it happened fast here a couple of cold calm nights started the ice then it snowed and got real cold and there was enough ice to walk out pretty spooky going out on first ice! You will like to perch fish once you find a few you can get over top of the whole school and really get some fast action they are more active during daylight so you can fish for walleyes in the early morning then fish for perch all day then fish for walleyes again as it is getting dark ;D Take care.......Think cold!

Offline icebigboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Nov 30, 2004, 07:09 PM »
You watch icebigboy it will come it happened fast here a couple of cold calm nights started the ice then it snowed and got real cold and there was enough ice to walk out pretty spooky going out on first ice! You will like to perch fish once you find a few you can get over top of the whole school and really get some fast action they are more active during daylight so you can fish for walleyes in the early morning then fish for perch all day then fish for walleyes again as it is getting dark ;D Take care.......Think cold!
[/sub]

the cold weather will come this week ;D.were do you fine the perch for the most near bays ... ???.we fish the walleyes at day and it's not successfully.only at spring.this years we are going to fish a the evening.you catch walleye until what time at the evening ???

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Nov 30, 2004, 07:47 PM »
Icebigboy i find that the best time to fish walleyes is the hour as the sun is coming up and the last hour closer to the last 30 minutes of daylight.The walleyes see very good in the dark and they take advantage of the baitfish when the light conditions are changing. So i target them during those times and i find that the perch and pike are most active during the daylight so i go after them.I usualy look for shallow flats in 10-12 feet of water and drill 3 holes fish them for 10-15 minutes if nothings biting move and drill more holes don't get frustrated somedays it takes a bit of moving to find them but once you do it will be fish after fish as fast as you get your bait back down!!! lots of fun!!

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 30, 2004, 08:46 PM »
Bonjour Joco ca va. Mon nom est Gros Dore de Manitoba. Je suis Francais " Lachapelle".  Joco I am very sad to say that I have lost my ability to fully communicate in French. I understand very word however my spelling and vocabulary is poor at this time. Anyway it is so nice to see some posts from Beautiful Quebec. I dream to go there one day and hopefully get some fishing in. Bon soir Joco.
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline joco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 01, 2004, 06:11 PM »
HI BIG WALLEY

comment sa va,,,,,,,,,,how the ice over there.......

i which i could there to try some pike fishing,,,,,,,,,,manitoba is suppose to be the place for some pike fishing,,,,,,,,,,

joco......take care bodyyyyy,,,

joco

Offline icebigboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 01, 2004, 07:20 PM »
Icebigboy i find that the best time to fish walleyes is the hour as the sun is coming up and the last hour closer to the last 30 minutes of daylight.The walleyes see very good in the dark and they take advantage of the baitfish when the light conditions are changing. So i target them during those times and i find that the perch and pike are most active during the daylight so i go after them.I usually look for shallow flats in 10-12 feet of water and drill 3 holes fish them for 10-15 minutes if nothings biting move and drill more holes don't get frustrated somedays it takes a bit of moving to find them but once you do it will be fish after fish as fast as you get your bait back down!!! lots of fun!!
tanks th for the tips.i will follow the way of a good perch fishing ;)do you fish walleyes on the late hour or you're back home when daylight is gone?how latest do you fish walleye?
here we fish ellpout very late.1h or 2h or 3h am but it's not the same area then walleyes. a little cheminau(brandy) coffee help to keep warm during that time. :P

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Dec 01, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Icebigboy i find that the best time to fish walleyes is the hour as the sun is coming up and the last hour closer to the last 30 minutes of daylight.The walleyes see very good in the dark and they take advantage of the baitfish when the light conditions are changing. So i target them during those times and i find that the perch and pike are most active during the daylight so i go after them.I usually look for shallow flats in 10-12 feet of water and drill 3 holes fish them for 10-15 minutes if nothings biting move and drill more holes don't get frustrated somedays it takes a bit of moving to find them but once you do it will be fish after fish as fast as you get your bait back down!!! lots of fun!!
tanks th for the tips.i will follow the way of a good perch fishing ;)do you fish walleyes on the late hour or you're back home when daylight is gone?how latest do you fish walleye?
here we fish ellpout very late.1h or 2h or 3h am but it's not the same area then walleyes. a little cheminau(brandy) coffee help to keep warm during that time. :P

Sounds like good coffee!!!! I usually fish walleyes until the sun just goes down sometimes a little later Me i've had little luck after dark for walleyes but hear some people do. I don't have a shack so by then i'm usually cold.I do plan on nightfishing for burbot with Grumpymoe in his warm shack this winter though!! Take care bud!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.