Author Topic: cove  (Read 1140 times)

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
cove
« on: Jan 07, 2010, 05:47 PM »
 went out  5 am  drill and jig up my  bait and drill 5  hole for my tip-up  did very well. about 9 30  wind pick up  and it was slow until a polish guy came drill 2 feet  to my tip-up and set  his tip-up I walk up talk to him  he dose not know any English so what can i say  went back to my shack  and watch him get few flag next to my tip-up he got five little pike  and he kept it  afther saw few other guys i know that fish the cove  he told me that  the polish guy fish the cove allot and keep every thing he get so i just load up  it was best that i leave before i put him in the hole i drill. what can i do when that happen ?

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I think were gonna need a bigger hole !
Re: cove
« Reply #1 on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:23 PM »
throw him in the hole

with a hook might just catch a nice polish pike

or do what you should do and  call dep hotline

1st option is a good fast approach  lol

i hate that i really do

and it's not to late to report it call tell them what you said here and i'm sure they will try to follow up

i forgot your deaf so you'll have to text it in or teletype

if you cant find the #'s some one or my slef will post them for you

good job keeping your Eyes open

thank you deafice look foward to meeting you a the gathering

atvjumpers

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 07, 2010, 06:37 PM »
 the pike was not even 21 inch :'(

Offline elcapitanmas

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • explaining ice fishing is impossible
« Reply #3 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:12 PM »
call the dep tip line, not that our joke of a state is going to send anyone, but at that point you did the right thing.  Its cool too, because I GUARANTEE you the guy doesn't even have a license, and who could blame him at $40 a pop?

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:18 PM »
he make his home made tip-up and use beer can as a jigging rod look like a joke  how can i call dep i use text meg  from my cell phone where i from Texas  all dep have text meg phone i will call them up  Texas fishing lic cost more than here it $60.00 for fishing lic  here $ 40.00 big deal dep need to do something  with my money right.

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Phone:
(860) 424-3000
Voice/TTY

also  dep hotline number 1 -800- 842-4357 but it doesn't say about texting so i will call the dep for you in the morning deafice for a way to report by texting or tty

and i post a follow up for you unless someone else can give you a phone number

Trooper Bri

« Reply #6 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:45 PM »
I would agree 100% for calling the DEP tip line. The number is 800-842-4357.
In the shadow of Hartford, you probably do stand a chance of getting an officer out since they have offices nearby.

In this case Jon, I know the perfect person to ask concerning your dilema. Capt Raul Camajo. EnCon officer and a fellow fisherman we've wet lines on the ice with more than a few times. ;)

Offline atvjumpers

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 07, 2010, 07:49 PM »
thanks trooper

i hate poachers

Offline Blaine

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Jan 09, 2010, 04:05 AM »
You aren't  the first guy to complain about him. We also placed a call to the DEP and they sent someone down to watch him on Thursday. I haven't heard of the outcome but please don't hesitate to call the tip line. The DEP is way understaffed, but if they have someone in the area, they WILL send them.

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Jan 09, 2010, 05:39 AM »
Take Pictures of him and show them to the Wardens. He can't lie then...
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline JJT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:07 AM »
New Years day in the afternoon I was on the cove with my son and a guy that spoke no English did the same thing to us. Put tip ups several feet from mine...there was no one else fishing on the Cove....has to be the same guy...Thankfully he did not catch any Pike. He had his flags in a 2 wheel pull grocery cart....

Offline deafice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 09, 2010, 06:39 AM »
 next time i see him I will ask him to hold his fish and ask him to put a happy face on and then give it to dep. I have done it before.  most of them don,t know the law. I will be fishing the cove this monday all day. I got me a wireless tdd ;D will call the dep in a heart beat.

Offline linebreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10, 2010, 02:46 PM »
Phone:
(860) 424-3000
Voice/TTY

also  dep hotline number 1 -800- 842-4357 but it doesn't say about texting so i will call the dep for you in the morning deafice for a way to report by texting or tty

and i post a follow up for you unless someone else can give you a phone number
Thanks for the number, We were invaded by 8 spanish guys that were fishing with the same type of device. When asked about a license they said no speak english. They had one hand auger and 8 drop lines wrapped around a beer can between them, anything they caught went into the bucket. It was nice watching their faces as we put all of our caught fish back, screaming something in spanish as the fish were set free.  By the time we got to the truck they were fishing our holes. Next time I will call!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.