Author Topic: Manistique area lakes  (Read 1354 times)

Offline POLEBENDER

• IceShanty Rookie
Manistique area lakes
« on: Dec 13, 2008, 03:33 AM »
I was wondering if anybody is familiar with the Manistique area I grew up there, and was wondering if anybody was fishing in this neck of the woods, I will be home for Christmas.

Thanks

Offline hunterdan1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Manistique area lakes
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:05 AM »
What do you want to know.I know the area a little bit.

Offline trapperman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2008, 03:36 PM »
South and Big Manistique aren't too far away. They are always good for walleye. Haven't fished any of the other lakes in the area yet.

Offline POLEBENDER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2008, 09:29 PM »
Some decent lakes to fish, and thanks for the info on the Manistique lakes.

Offline hunterdan1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2008, 09:07 AM »
Indian lake is just west of Manistique it can be good for perch and walleye at times.Thunder lake nw of Manistique can be good for blue gills and crappies but there are many lakes north of manistique.The Manistique lakes in Curtis are 30 mile west of Manistique.The big lake can be very good for perch ,walleye and some nice pike.The south lake will be good for walleyes bluegills and pike.The bluegills will be in wolf bay mainly and muskie in the s. lake are mostly speared. The biggest one last year was 48 to 50 pounds and 50 some inches. Kathy from the JRs Bait shop is full of information. It is located right on main st. in Curtis. You can go to www.portageanglersclub .org web site to see pics and get info there too. It is the club we started 7 years ago and is now run by some other locals in town, as we have moved to Montana.

Offline POLEBENDER

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2008, 06:32 PM »
Thank you Hunterdan1 for the info on these lakes, I will post on what lakes I fished when I get back from up there, Have you heard anything about Dodge lake?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.