Author Topic: VC, Muddler, Alpinehigh, and Sparky make it out, no Roger though!  (Read 4428 times)

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Ok, Roger was too hungover to join team Goatboys from Alberta!! I'm sure if the Goats and us ever got together it would be a nightmare!! Anywho, onto the pics....

Heading in, about three inches of fresh snow had fallen and snowed all day.

Driving in, Sparky was scared!! Maybe to much momma's milk?

The road onto the ice.

From left to right, Vancouvercanuck, Sparky, and The Muddler.....Alpinehigh hadn't shown up yet. All ready to go!!

Trying out the brand new auger!! Once  I figured out how the freakn' choke worked it was off to the races baby!

Alpinehigh shows up!!! YAY!! Sparky, is that a cig in your mouth?  :-X :-X

First fish of the 2004 2005 ice fishing season!! And the only one for the day!! Man was it slow!
Congratulations goes out to Vancouvercanuck showing the boys how to properly ice fish!! Ya it's small and almost not worthy of putting up, but hey it's a fish!!

Stopping for lunch. Elk steak, potatoes, and the best damn ceasar salad you will ever eat!!

Getting out into 30' + feet of water. The ice was getting a little thin. Didn't stop the four of us standing together on it!

Some random shots throughout the day.

And there you have it, first day out on the ice 5+ inches almost all over the lake, one fish, and lots of good times.

Sorry you missed out hey Rog? :'( :'(

grumpymoe

Great pics as usual VC....man that pike looked scared in that death grip... :woot:..awesome scenery....especially that shot of the pines right down to the shoreline....keep em coming.....Grump 8)

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
looks like you guys had a blast....cant wait till i can post some similiar pics.ill try for a bigger pike though!!

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Hey VC great pics did you try out your sled how did it pull?And how do those barracudas perform the guy at the local bait store said that those are the way to go now as jiffy changed some things in there new models and he said they aren't as good just wondering if he was just trying to get me to buy an eskimo as they are more expensive?

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
Wow, great job VC. Love the snow flakes in some of the pics.

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
I found the auger to work fine. Once I figured out the choke on it, it really didn't take alot to get the thing going. Few pulls when it was cold but after that one pull and it was started. You really don't need to push down on the auger at all, you just let the auger do the work, just hold it in place and it cuts the hole just fine. I found if you pushed down on the auger with just a little bit of pressure it would stop spinning. Not sure if this is because it's not broken in, or you are supposed to just let the auger do the work.

Offline alpinehigh

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • jigging rapala is a great ice lure
yeah i think your right VC. If the clutch didnt disengage when it got stuck it would just twist the motor (the part you are hanging on to)
I think therefore I am?

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
Hey great pics Vancouver! Catching fish, snow is coming down, got the BBQ going, everybodys smiling.......that's what it's all about - how can you beat it.

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
Correct me if i'm wrong, but that looks like Burnstick? Looking good guys! I'm sooooo jealous if I could just put down the 12ga. and stop chasing green heads.....

Soon!!

Cheers,

Chad
Tight lines!

Offline PAcatchreleaseman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *happiness is 2 flags at once!*

i just checked in with Gwen and she said she's up for going next time out. ;D

edited to add:
*I for one DEMAND the return of vancouvercanuck's old avatar!* 8)
"You Gotta GET-HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMM!!!!!"

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
Correct me if i'm wrong, but that looks like Burnstick?

You got er'. Good times, mostly five plus inches of ice. Should have lots now............

Offline Jimmy The Jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
I NEED IIIIIIIICCCCCCCCEEEEEE EEE! :woot:

Offline Nuke Ab

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If they're there,....... we'll get'm up!!
Not too much for action eh? This time last year we found them really neutral to negative, we were on fish over 25' but had to move into like 5'-10' of water to get any takers that were worth.......taking. Did I hear mention of a " Goat Chapter " up here? What are the qualifications for joining or is it invite only? Maybe we'll see you guys out there sometime.

Cheers,

Chad
Tight lines!

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
Sure looks like you guys had fun!  Great pictures tell the whole story, and I'm glad you weren't skunked.  Be careful on the ice, stay on the dry side!
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

brbuddy

I'm baaaaaaack!!!!!! :thumbsup: :woot: :clap: :blink:

Just when you chumps thought I was out, I make my return.

I am a little bummed out that I missed the first trip to Burnstick, but have no fear.  I am ready and raring to go and will be there from now on.

camo_fish

awesome pictures, good eats, great company  ;D man I need some IIIIIICCCCCEEEE :P just skims of ice around here.  :'( Can't, can't, can't wait for 5" of ice.  :P
Looks like loads of fun, thanks for sharing. I'm jonesing alittle more every day.

Offline The Rocket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I Had To Reach Way Down Inside
What a mangy bunch of guys  :roflmao: :roflmao:
Nice pics guys. P.S. I could not help but notice something, Not a woman in sight :roflmao: :woot:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.