Author Topic: Henry's 2018  (Read 15706 times)

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
Re: Henry's 2018
« Reply #90 on: Nov 19, 2018, 11:21 PM »
Early reports look like snow while were there, what tow toys are you all taking?  I'm thinking one of each.

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Nov 20, 2018, 12:24 AM »
Early reports look like snow while were there, what tow toys are you all taking?  I'm thinking one of each.
Depends how many miles that our fearless leader wants to take us? I thought about just bringing a four wheeler, but a snowmobile might be the ticket for heading long distances over pressure ridges and sketchy ice.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #92 on: Nov 20, 2018, 09:58 AM »
If this weekends storm drops more than 8in that sticks I will be bringing the sled, if its less than that I will be bringing the bike. Sleds good to go and all I need to do is chain up the bike. The good thing is with that cam at the rose we will have a pretty good idea on whats needed. Your right on the extended forecast. its showing 40-50% chance of snow while we're there but like we all know I'm not counting on that until about next monday to be 70% accurate
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • friends with the same mental disorder....priceless
« Reply #93 on: Nov 20, 2018, 04:15 PM »
Weather is sounding great ! I plan to travel up Thursday to keep an eye on Prospector. I guess I’d better change the line on my wife’s Barbie pole and bring it along for self defense.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #94 on: Nov 20, 2018, 05:03 PM »
Sounds like you may have plenty of company there on Thursday with the way the storms looking for next week. I think a few will be traveling that day
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hardwaterfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Nov 20, 2018, 10:55 PM »
Here's a few pics from Henrys last Wednesday  ;D  :o

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Nov 21, 2018, 07:49 AM »
Holy smokes!  :thumbsup: :bow:
Thanks for posting those
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #97 on: Nov 21, 2018, 09:14 AM »
Nice fish thanks for sharing hoping to get into to them next weekend

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
« Reply #98 on: Nov 21, 2018, 09:41 AM »
Seeing those i think my 6 inch auger isn't quite enough. Nice fish

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #99 on: Nov 21, 2018, 12:51 PM »
Nice freekin cutty!  Wish I lived closer.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #100 on: Nov 21, 2018, 02:53 PM »
You are plenty close! Turn the key and will see you in a few days.

Offline 6x6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #101 on: Nov 21, 2018, 05:19 PM »
Those are awesome fish, however, Six inch auger is plenty big to get them through.  I run a six inch kdrill and have pulled some big Lake trout at the Gorge through them. 

Although, ideally, overlapping two auger holes makes it much easier to get them out. 

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Nov 21, 2018, 10:24 PM »
Sounds like you may have plenty of company there on Thursday with the way the storms looking for next week. I think a few will be traveling that day
Great Will be fun to see everyone again !  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! See you on the ice.

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tie on a Maniac the fish'll go crazy!!!
« Reply #103 on: Nov 21, 2018, 10:47 PM »
Gail is Uncle Jim going to make it with you? Was just hoping he is still getting out on the ice.  ;)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #104 on: Nov 21, 2018, 11:57 PM »

Get over with us here SF, definitely worth it

Great Will be fun to see everyone again !  Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving! See you on the ice.
Gail is Uncle Jim going to make it with you? Was just hoping he is still getting out on the ice.  ;)
Happy Thanksgiving to all and x2 on what glen said let's get uncle Jim talking on here so we're know he's still upright and ready for hard deck
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #105 on: Nov 22, 2018, 03:33 PM »
If we get Uncle Jim talking on a computer that will be like we know hell froze over. He is old school. No computer. I think he still has a dial up phone, but I love him. That is why I asked Gale, cause geezer gone wild likes everything the new age. You know what I mean? The latest and the greatest he has it. Yes Happy Thanksgiving to all! Lets go out and kill some fish! Tight lines HH

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #106 on: Nov 23, 2018, 10:06 AM »
Looks like Henry's could get some significant snowfall!

327 AM MST Fri Nov 23 2018

... WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL NOON MST SATURDAY...

* WHAT, Heavy snow occurring. Travel will be very difficult to  impossible, including during the evening commute. Additional  snow accumulations of 8 to 12 inches are expected.

* WHERE, Island Park area, Big Hole Mountains including Pine  Creek Pass, Caribou Range, and Bear River Range including  Emigrant Pass.

* WHEN, Until noon MST Saturday.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #107 on: Nov 23, 2018, 11:54 AM »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: sounds good to me
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Hardwaterfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #108 on: Nov 23, 2018, 02:18 PM »
Thanks for all the compliments on the fish. I was able to stop by Henrys again for a couple hours on my way to Montana for thanksgiving. This time I was able to enjoy it with my oldest son  ;D

A couple more hogs  :o

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #109 on: Nov 23, 2018, 04:04 PM »
Them are some nice fish and glad you and your boy had a great day of fishing we will be there next Thursday

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #110 on: Nov 23, 2018, 07:50 PM »
Man those are nice fish! Thanks for sharing! Next weekend can’t come soon enough. I got the four wheeler all ready to go this afternoon and now it looks like the snowmobile is in order.

Offline Geezer_

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #111 on: Nov 23, 2018, 10:23 PM »
i let him know that everyone was asking about him, he will make the Cascade and possibly Flaming Gorge. Actually he has moved up to a flip phone lol. May have to start up to Henry’s Wednesday to give me plenty of time to get there.lol Everyone able to breath after the feast yesterday? I should be able to go four days before needing to eat again. Hope our military brothers and sisters overseas had a good peaceful Thanksgiving!

Offline happyheber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #112 on: Nov 24, 2018, 12:38 AM »
Ok I was just checking to see. I might have to give him a call and see if we can go up and catch some tigers like we used to. Up to mammoth. I learned a long time ago to quit betting with Jim. Me and my kids have a lot of fond memories of Ice fishing with him. The guy would definitely give you the shirt off his back if you needed it. Besides that we gotta get together and reminisce about how tough my job is at Redmond LOL  Yes I hope our over seas military brothers had a good Thanks giving. Because without them we couldn't do what we do or have what we have. I'd like to thank each and every one of them that read this post for their service. If I could thank my Dad's one more time we'd have a hell of a party. It's true you don't miss something till it's gone. You guys have a good time up to Henry's I'll have to get my priorities straight so I can be there next year. Thank you to all my Ice Shantys friends. I love the ice fishing brotherhood we share. Tight Lines. Catch a big one. HH

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #113 on: Nov 24, 2018, 09:40 PM »
I got 99 problems and a hip ain’t one! Getting excited boys! My gear is just about locked and loaded. Almost time to turn and burn. I feel for the fellas that won’t be with us this this trip! Definitely going to be the greatest Henry’s excursion that has ever been attempted by this great group of fisherman. Don’t worry guys, we will take lots of pictures. :woot: 

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Nov 24, 2018, 09:42 PM »
Matt, Just wondering if you are set up to use Venmo so that we can get you paid. Thought I would post it here in case you do so that others might be able to pay you that way

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #115 on: Nov 24, 2018, 10:17 PM »
Oh know im not that tech savvy, we'll just do as normal and I'll give Kevin a list of the ones in our room to mark off as they come in. Kevin might do venom. Good to hear your hips finally cooperating with your activities. Talking to madplumber today it sounds like the drifts are getting up to a foot, a little less in other areas on the ice so both machines should still be good. Im bringing the sled
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Nov 25, 2018, 06:06 PM »
 I decided to load the snowmobile up last minute. Heading out in the morning. Look forward to sending you guys some good pictures! Be safe everyone and looking forward to seeing you guys very soon!

Offline Hutbomber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #117 on: Nov 25, 2018, 06:43 PM »
Be safe Joe. Definitely looking forward to all the pictures.  ;D
I hope i'm half as good as my Dogs think i am ;-)

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
« Reply #118 on: Nov 25, 2018, 07:34 PM »
Safe travels Joe. Don't rub our noses in it to bad.

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #119 on: Nov 25, 2018, 08:33 PM »
 Be safe joe we’ll see you Thursday and send all the pics I cannot wait to get there

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.