Author Topic: Henry's 2018  (Read 15647 times)

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
Re: Henry's 2018
« Reply #60 on: Nov 11, 2018, 01:57 PM »
Ok so it looks like the lake is fully locked up so let’s hope it stays and starts to grow  :'(

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #61 on: Nov 11, 2018, 04:26 PM »
Looks like the cap is still there on the cam, let's hope it stays
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline Madplumber

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch & Release
« Reply #62 on: Nov 12, 2018, 09:58 PM »
It was -5 this morning in island park I heard that there was a couple guys on ice today I did not think it would be thick enough I guess someone has bigger nuts then me

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #63 on: Nov 12, 2018, 10:44 PM »
Im guessing they were in the outlet cause the main lake is no where near walkable yet from what I'm seeing. Guess if they weighed as much as a field mouse it could be possible. Lol
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #64 on: Nov 13, 2018, 10:47 AM »
Pack your stuff boys looking like we will be walking on water soon

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Nov 13, 2018, 12:31 PM »
So you probably seen the rumor, but if not, they said the guy was fishing 1.5" of ice and he caught some fish...  Man that's pretty skinny ice, don't think I'm that crazy yet...  Later J

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #66 on: Nov 13, 2018, 02:01 PM »
So you probably seen the rumor, but if not, they said the guy was fishing 1.5" of ice and he caught some fish...  Man that's pretty skinny ice, don't think I'm that crazy yet...  Later J

That’s way to thin for me and no I didn’t hear that  ??? ??? Just crazy

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Nov 14, 2018, 10:39 AM »
Well I'll add a new rumor then... Sounds like there was 4" of ice yesterday and they are fishing it around the state park..... I got the rumor second hand so I can't verify this, but that's what I heard.... I did see ice on Mantua yesterday around the boat ramp for 30-50' out from the ramp... Probably won't stay, but it's a start so maybe we'll have some local ice by Thanksgiving... later J

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #68 on: Nov 14, 2018, 12:11 PM »
Let’s hope it stays cold and we’ll be fishing here more

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Nov 14, 2018, 12:39 PM »
If I keep hearing good ice reports, just might have to take a recon trip! I have already warned my wife. I have some windows in Idaho Falls that need picked up and I just need an excuse to go do it.  ;D  Stay tuned...

Offline fishonone

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • lets get it on
« Reply #70 on: Nov 14, 2018, 07:49 PM »
If I keep hearing good ice reports, just might have to take a recon trip! I have already warned my wife. I have some windows in Idaho Falls that need picked up and I just need an excuse to go do it.  ;D  Stay tuned...

Imagine that you going early  ;D ;D

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #71 on: Nov 14, 2018, 09:25 PM »
X2

Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #72 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:03 AM »
Well I'll add a new rumor then... Sounds like there was 4" of ice yesterday and they are fishing it around the state park..... I got the rumor second hand so I can't verify this, but that's what I heard.... I did see ice on Mantua yesterday around the boat ramp for 30-50' out from the ramp... Probably won't stay, but it's a start so maybe we'll have some local ice by Thanksgiving... later J
Those Idaho boys sure are keeping their lips sealed. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #73 on: Nov 15, 2018, 12:07 AM »
It's still early for most everywhere  :icefish:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline BFTSkunkedAgain

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #74 on: Nov 15, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Joe if you go, check the outlet... Safe ice there now.... I guess the state park is a little thin but I seen pictures of a fair group out on the ice there... So I'd think those windows could be picked up anytime now.... Good luck and stay safe... J

Offline FG Steve

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Nov 15, 2018, 09:47 AM »
Good luck and stay safe... J

And post pics!
 Happiness is a wife who can outfish you.

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The best things in LIFE are done on ICE!!!
« Reply #76 on: Nov 16, 2018, 09:05 AM »
Well bought a NILS, two more Jaw Jackers, and my Dad is coming up with us this year as well!  This trip is pretty much all I can think about lately, so bring it on! 

I am in the market possibly for another couple poles, in your opinions, what ice rods do you feel works best in a jacker?  I love my ugly sticks, but I did notice that the tips are a little flexy when set in the jacker, thoughts?

Slap

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #77 on: Nov 16, 2018, 11:48 AM »
Well bought a NILS, two more Jaw Jackers, and my Dad is coming up with us this year as well!  This trip is pretty much all I can think about lately, so bring it on! 

I am in the market possibly for another couple poles, in your opinions, what ice rods do you feel works best in a jacker?  I love my ugly sticks, but I did notice that the tips are a little flexy when set in the jacker, thoughts?

Slap
Happy to hear that your dad is coming up! When it comes to fishing rods, you might check out the ones that the Jaw Jacker boys sell on their website. Of course you could always do what really works and go with PINK. Why mess with success? ;D 

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #78 on: Nov 16, 2018, 03:58 PM »
I somehow knew there would be a reference to the Barbie poles, or should I say fish slayers!

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Nov 16, 2018, 04:56 PM »
Planning on being over on the 27th ice permitting.

Offline HardH20Fishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Nov 16, 2018, 08:25 PM »
Hey Slap, for the jaw jackers the "dock demon" at WallyWorld has worked great for me. Had them from my father in law and started using them on the jaw jacker when i got my first one.  They are no-frill and the reels they come with are even more ghetto cheap....but the length and stiffness work great paired with the jaw-jackers.  I totally admit, they are cheap...but hey, they work and I don't worry much about damaging them. Note...I think there are two versions of the "dock demon" that they sell, the ones I reference are the longer ones with spinning reels...grey and red colored rod. Oh...i did have to sand the foam butt of the rod that flares out so that it fits into the jaw-jacker.
You can't buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear....and that's kind of the same thing.

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:04 AM »
Thanks, I'll see what the local wally world holds and also keep my eye out for the Ken version of Joes poles. 

See you all real soon,

Slap

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:10 AM »
On a side note I got all set up with converting to the 8 inch NILS.  Was debating on the Fuel M18 Drill or Rigid.  Ended up going with Rigid since they have a lifetime warranty on the drill battery and charger.  Right now if you buy the 9ah battery with charger from HD, you can get the 1,300lb torque drill free until February.  So $199 + tax out the door, which as close to how much just the 9ah battery cost for the Fuel.  Also Rigid 9ah batteries are going to sell for $89 on Black Friday at HD.  Couldn't pass it up.

Slap

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #83 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:31 PM »
I would probably stick to the KEN version also. Thats a good deal on the drill chris, I will look forward to seeing it in action. I just sent out what should be the last email for the trip. Its sounding like the ice is holding out at 6in for most of the lake with some thicker spots in the outlet. I belive we will have around 9-10in by the time we get there if not a little thicker so that should make travel alot easier than last year. Get your stuff together cause its getting close
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Nov 19, 2018, 12:59 PM »
I would probably stick to the KEN version also. Thats a good deal on the drill chris, I will look forward to seeing it in action. I just sent out what should be the last email for the trip. Its sounding like the ice is holding out at 6in for most of the lake with some thicker spots in the outlet. I belive we will have around 9-10in by the time we get there if not a little thicker so that should make travel alot easier than last year. Get your stuff together cause its getting close
That does it! I have two brand new Barbie Rod’s on the man room door that have a Matt and Chris’s name on them. I think that they will be required to be used during my plastic fishing contest for those two.  I will probably head up the Tuesday before the trip. Might even head up Monday after physical therapy. Thanks you guys for working so hard at your day jobs so that the rest of us can have nice roads to get to our fishing spots!

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #85 on: Nov 19, 2018, 01:33 PM »
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: look what you did chris, now we both get to use barbie rods!!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline SlaptheFish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #86 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:16 PM »
All part of my plan!  Now I can fish with Joe's real secret weapon.  Winning!

;D

Let's head out Monday and really show him a lesson.

Offline IceCutterIon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ><{{{{*> <*}}}}><
« Reply #87 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:33 PM »
I bought the jigging jawjacker today. Henry's will be the test

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #88 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:39 PM »
The Barbie Rods have nice brand new Okuma reels on them loaded with 4 pound test line. Going to be a hoot! :flex: :icefish:

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #89 on: Nov 19, 2018, 10:39 PM »
All part of my plan!  Now I can fish with Joe's real secret weapon.  Winning!

;D

Let's head out Monday and really show him a lesson.

Lol, of ya get the jump on him and wear all the fish out before HE gets there.

I bought the jigging jawjacker today. Henry's will be the test

Boy you wasn't playing when you texted me earlier. Be cool to see it working. Just don't know if I can justify it. Yet

The Barbie Rods have nice brand new Okuma reels on them loaded with 4 pound test line. Going to be a hoot! :flex: :icefish:

Not to tough to jig pink!
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.