The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Waxies in Cheyenne?...  (Read 1176 times)

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
Waxies in Cheyenne?...
« on: Jan 19, 2013, 11:02 AM »
Any of my fellow hard water anglers in Cheyenne know of a place in town that carries waxies?   :-\

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Waxies in Cheyenne?...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2013, 11:16 AM »
Go to PETCO they have wax and meal worms and fish worms and night crawlers. Not at bad prices either.

Offline cbtrtbum

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2013, 11:36 AM »
ditto-petco

Offline huskerfisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2013, 11:49 AM »
I went to Petco today and they are out.  They will have more on Wed.
Men and fish are alike.  They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2013, 12:29 PM »
Thank you gentlemen...  And DOH!!!   :%$#!:

Offline jsw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2013, 02:51 PM »
That's some great info! I bought some freeze dried ones at Walmart a couple weeks ago...definitely not the same! Not tryin to high-jack thread, but being new to the area (Wyo native, recently relocated back home from Minnesota)... Where does a guy buy live minnows and use them legally? There are a ton of rules here that I'm NOT used to! Thx for any info!

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2013, 04:07 PM »
If you want too you can also buy wax and meal worms on ebay.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2013, 06:24 PM »
Thank you gentlemen...  And DOH!!!   :%$#!:

Whats DOH  :blink: Don't say if it's bad I'll ask around town

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 19, 2013, 08:20 PM »
The "DOH" is my attempt at Homer Simpson, I found waxies here in town though, so I retract my DOH.   ;D

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 19, 2013, 09:02 PM »
The "DOH" is my attempt at Homer Simpson, I found waxies here in town though, so I retract my DOH.   ;D
Oh DOH I get it DOH :wacko:

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 21, 2013, 11:19 AM »
To all my fellow Cheyenne hard water anglers that didn't know, guns 'n gear on lincoln way has waxies for sale too.  Should've put this on my last reply.  ;D

Offline LovinFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 21, 2013, 03:02 PM »
Thanks, Boowee,  Good to know they have them too.

Offline dhjack

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #12 on: Jan 21, 2013, 03:42 PM »
I found some meal worms at Maverick gas

Offline benwyo

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 23, 2013, 11:43 PM »
Just bought 3 containers from Petco last Wed. for a trip up around Wheatland... Cost me $14 dollars and change with tax.... Watch out for sure... they did not last me 3 days and they where all dead..... Will not buy them there again.... I can send for them for $16 for 500 from a company in Wis.... I have over the last 4 years and they have all lived for over 4 to 5 months that is the only way to get them.... They also guarantee them live delivery.... The first year they froze in shipment and they sent me another 500 free of charge and no shipping cost... Should of done that this year, Will again next year for sure...... I think at Petco they keep them too cold... as they are with the worm, and meal worms which can take colder temps... Waxes most like it 55 to 60 degrees.... benwyo..... Just my experience.... with Petco....and wax worms..

Offline LovinFishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 24, 2013, 10:32 AM »
Just bought 3 containers from Petco last Wed. for a trip up around Wheatland... Cost me $14 dollars and change with tax.... Watch out for sure... they did not last me 3 days and they where all dead..... Will not buy them there again.... I can send for them for $16 for 500 from a company in Wis.... I have over the last 4 years and they have all lived for over 4 to 5 months that is the only way to get them.... They also guarantee them live delivery.... The first year they froze in shipment and they sent me another 500 free of charge and no shipping cost... Should of done that this year, Will again next year for sure...... I think at Petco they keep them too cold... as they are with the worm, and meal worms which can take colder temps... Waxes most like it 55 to 60 degrees.... benwyo..... Just my experience.... with Petco....and wax worms..
That is not good news.  I have always had good luck with the ones that I bought at Petco.  Have not bought any there this season though.  The last ones I bought there was at the end of the season last year, kept those not used in the refrigerator until the beginning of this ice season and most of them were still alive.  Good to know that one can order them for a reasonable price, thanks for that info.

Offline Boowee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 24, 2013, 12:55 PM »
I like the sound of this too, gonna give this a try next season as well.  Thanks benwyo for the info!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.