The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Palisades?  (Read 706 times)

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Palisades?
« on: Dec 29, 2012, 05:54 AM »
Was wondering if there is any good ice out at the palisades?  I know they are trying to raise it since  it was at 8% full earlier this year.
MNiceman
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Re: Palisades?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2012, 08:32 AM »
Was wondering if there is any good ice out at the palisades?  I know they are trying to raise it since  it was at 8% full earlier this year.
MNiceman
I drove by it in October and I couldn't believe how low it was. I've always wanted to fish it.
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline Wyosledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishin
« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2012, 09:42 AM »
south end is frozen and a few bays have a little ice farther in on the idaho side,big elk bay was trying to skin over. Not ready yet.

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 29, 2012, 10:28 PM »
south end is frozen and a few bays have a little ice farther in on the idaho side,big elk bay was trying to skin over. Not ready yet.

Wyosledder- thanks for the update.  I had heard some rumors that they were fishing it last week on WY side and pulling some pigs.  Must have just been rumors
MNiceman
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline jaklakmak

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I LIVE OUTDOORS!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2012, 08:39 PM »
Pigs or anything (big) in Palisades? hahahahahahah :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline Wyosledder

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'd rather be fishin
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2012, 08:09 AM »
 Its  cold here in Alpine  so it should be setting up farther down the lake. -5 at bedtime and -10 right now.My biggest fish from Palisades was an 8lb laker caught trolling for kokanee.The biggest  I know of was 24lb caught thru the ice in   Big Elk ,not in the lake side but across the highway,the fish use the culverts to cross and follow the kokanee and hang out and wait for them to hatch  and come down. If  I get  time today I will take a drive and  see if any more ice is  forming and post it later. There  could be some guys fishing the south end(still Idaho).

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.