Author Topic: clackin rap  (Read 2819 times)

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
clackin rap
« on: Dec 30, 2010, 09:34 PM »
seen an infisherman the other day where some 'actor' was using a clackin rap as a jig through the ice.. pulled up some nice eyes. could have been ones they caught earlier that day and then edited the footage.. (used to be in the tackle business myself and YES they do that) anyone ever done this?
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Re: clackin rap
« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2011, 01:13 AM »
I use Lindy Darters that are close to those.  They work good when fish are agressive or the water is murky.  I tend not to beleive a lot of stuff on TV shows for 2 reasons....  1- they are pushing baits from sponsors.. 2- They fish remote lakes that are loaded with fish and have a lot less pressure that the average lake. 

Offline tipup_time

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIFFY POWER!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2011, 09:47 AM »
yes they do... you always see them up in canada on some remote lake trying to "teach" us average guys how to catch fish at home... they are totally about sponsership and advertisement.
When hell freezes over Ill Ice fish there too

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2011, 10:49 AM »
there was an article in the past infisherman mag about that too. seems to be popular in canada.

J-

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #4 on: Jan 03, 2011, 04:43 PM »
I used other lipless crankbaits before using my Chubby Darter.  I used to merely only attract fish.  After using the Chubby Darter, I have a lot of faith in using lipless crankbaits to catch fish now.   I will usually tank test them to see the sink pattern and how bad they get line tangled.  Some lures have more horizontal movement than others and those are the ones that you'll want.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline greenbackhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2011, 06:53 AM »
Very common lure now on lake winnipeg, where most of the footage was shot... and 40 minutes north of winnipeg is not a remote lake. Live targets have been pulling in some large fish lately.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.