Author Topic: Underwater Camera  (Read 566 times)

Offline Jigiton

• IceShanty Rookie
Underwater Camera
« on: Dec 08, 2014, 09:01 PM »
First off i just want to say that last year was my first official hard deck season and my addiction has only gotten worse. Last year i ended up with an LX-7 but after messing with a gopro on the bottom i've really been thinking about a camera. So i guess my first question is do you like using a camera and my next question is would you upgrade to the LX-9 or separately buy one of the Marcum cameras? I noticed they came out with a new one called a Pancam that looks pretty cool.   

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Re: Underwater Camera
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2014, 07:25 PM »
The new pancam is pretty sweet looking for sure, you can upgrade your LX-7 to an LX-9 and get the camera. Cant remember the cost but an email to marcum would be worth the time to send it and find out. I think its around $400. I used to have a camera at one time and it helped me alot with panfish and how they act to your baits. I found that i watched it more than my poles so i got rid of it
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline k2muskie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2014, 08:38 AM »
I have the Aqua-Vu Mini for a camera and comes with a recording function and is really fun.  I too have GoPros and will also try them out while ice fishing.  I really like the Aqua-Vu Mini as its small and hardly weighs anything...here's a link and hopefully it won't get deleted if link is deleted just google Aqua-Vu Mini...

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-Viewing-Systems/AVMicroPlusDVR

Fun little camera that allows recording...

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 10, 2014, 08:50 AM »
I just got the Aqua Vu Micro Vu 5 w/DVR ...what a nice compact unit comes with two camera positioning mounts ...a self contained battery/charger ...and a rebate offer for a Pro Vu case which hangs around your neck for scouting .  My older Aqua  Vu DT was just to heavy and cumbersome to use/bring on the ice ...the Micro Vu 5 is a dream come true ...just add a GoPro type mount.... can put it atop your flasher or eye level in your portable... clipped to a pole .

http://www.aquavu.com/Products/Aqua-Vu-New-Underwater-Cameras/AV-Micro-5
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.