Author Topic: Keeping fish alive before weighing in tournament  (Read 714 times)

Offline icecold

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Strictly catch and eat
Keeping fish alive before weighing in tournament
« on: Mar 03, 2007, 07:30 PM »
I was fishing in tournament today and caught a fish worthy of entering. I caught it at 7am and weigh in was not till 2pm.  I did not have any extra bucket and I was wondering how much a fish will lose in weight when they are out of water for a long time versus keeping them alive..  The perch weighed 1lb 13 oz. at weigh in.
tip up tip down but for sure tip a few

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Keeping fish alive before weighing in tournament
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2007, 09:11 PM »
i remeber reading somewhere NAFC i believe where they did a study and said it is not a significant amount not sure but i would assume that it would be the same for perch

JJ

« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2007, 09:18 PM »
An ounce of liquid fills a shot glass, I doubt that much could evaporate from the fish.

Offline hollis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2007, 06:57 AM »
I use one of those nylon mess laundry bags with the nylon chinch/stop,...close  and place fish and bag down a hole,cord tied to a bucket lid .(pre drilled hole ...just make sure that you take measures that the cord doesn't freeze. I put the bucket lid over the hole,.it takes a lot to freeze the hole over but in real cold weather, check and skim if you need to

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.