Author Topic: Lets recap the sin list according to the fine folks here at ice the shanty  (Read 12240 times)

Offline John_BZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
>its no longer okay to pee on the ice

>we should be taken out back and beaten for forgetting our fishing licenses

>we cannot fish within gun range of another shanty

>you must adhere to the international set distance standard for tipup spread spacing

>we cannot use power augers on anything less than one fathom of ice

>and appearently we cannot go ice fishing unless we are completely insane

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

First and foremost i am not attacking anybody in particular just poking fun at the topics in general. But this is seriously getting out of hand. there is number of people who need to relax, replace the keyboard with a jigging rod and unwind for a spell.

Offline SPARKYICE

• Team IceShanty Addict
it's easy to get caught up in it all.
if it wasn't for all the *%&^$ #&&*^% $@# &!!! 's out there who don't see things the way i do this would be a great site!
grandpa told me-"never wrestle with a pig. you both get muddy and the pig likes it".

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hey Smitty, Lets fish it! Jigmaster5000's oarman
I guess I will keep doing what I want to, when I want to, how I want to, and keep using my Beretta to enforce my decisions. 
You forgot to mention you cannot walk upon the ice unless it is 2 feet thick and are accompanied by a "ICE THICKNESS EXPERT"

In pursuit of meat without feet!!!!

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Best to vent on the site, than on some stupid sole that breaks the basic tennets of Man Laws.
By venting on this site, the gomers get educated by reading how wrong they're past actions are, and then they have a chance to correct themselves.
I have learned a lot here from those venting, some I have agreed with, some not.
Great to have a place for healthy dialogue and debate.
Face to face I would waste too much prime fishing minutes to bother!

Kudos to IS

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I apologize in advance for drinking the last beer out of the case we brought ;D

Offline mmb

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "What do you do with all the ice you catch?"
If you don't have a license with you, isn't it poaching?  I keep mine in my tacklebox, so I never forget it.

Anyone taking a squat and dump on the ice should be beaten.  Ever try to dig that out of your boot tread?  Not something you want to track on the floor of the shanty either.

Offline Prairiegoat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 13# Pike
Anyone taking a squat and dump on the ice should be beaten.  Ever try to dig that out of your boot tread?  Not something you want to track on the floor of the shanty either.

You mean you're admitting you stepped in it! LMAOROF :clap: :thumbsup:

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You mean you're admitting you stepped in it! LMAOROF :clap: :thumbsup:
There are three things a guy never admits to, and thats number two!    Get it? (#2) :D ;D :cookoo: :whistle:

Offline benjui567

• IceShanty Rookie
No that has to be some funny S@#t.....

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
>its no longer okay to pee on the ice

>we should be taken out back and beaten for forgetting our fishing licenses

>we cannot fish within gun range of another shanty

>you must adhere to the international set distance standard for tipup spread spacing

>we cannot use power augers on anything less than one fathom of ice

>and appearently we cannot go ice fishing unless we are completely insane

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

First and foremost i am not attacking anybody in particular just poking fun at the topics in general. But this is seriously getting out of hand. there is number of people who need to relax, replace the keyboard with a jigging rod and unwind for a spell.

Wait a second don't all these things happen with a jigging rod in hand ;D  Maybe I should move my post to the grumpy old men section...who knows...Thanks John_BZ for putting the humor into it. Its a good way to keep it all light. :clap: :thumbsup: :whistle:

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done

Guilty...of both stepping in it and leaving it to be stepped in.  Also peed on my own shanty, so somehow, the wind nulified me peeing on the ice.
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Guilty...of both stepping in it and leaving it to be stepped in.  Also peed on my own shanty, so somehow, the wind nulified me peeing on the ice.

Okay now, thats number three! Lets hope we don't admit to #1! :D

Offline Badgermilk27

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Git-R-Done
Okay now, thats number three! Lets hope we don't admit to #1! :D
What can I say...the little reflector squares make great targets...
LURE (n): expensive metal or plastic device used to locate rocks and trees on lake and river bottoms.  (also see: disposable)

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You get one free pass.  ;) :D ;D

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
one more rule to add....

>we cannot post comments that could posibly in any way be taken as offensive, controversial, or just plain stupid to anybody (other than peta) on any day that ends in 'Y'
 ::) :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot:

Offline Turkeyhunter10ga

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!

I thought we were supposed to be writing our name , so someone else can see who was the culprit the peed on the ice     ???

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
At least on IS we have 1st amendment rights unlike other forums where they are locked.  :woot: :callcops: :whistle:
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • . . . . . . Happy Trails . . . .. Des .. IBOT #328
if it wasn't for all the *%&^$ #&&*^% $@# &!!! 's out there who don't see things the way i do this would be a great site!

My wife says "When you're dealing with Des, you have two choices; you can agree with him OR you can be wrong:flex:
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I thought we were supposed to be writing our name , so someone else can see who was the culprit the peed on the ice     ???

Just in case your wife sees your name written in the snow, make sure it looks like YOUR handwriting  :unsure:
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just for fun try it left handed!

Sorry Buddy it takes 2 hands

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Sorry Buddy it takes 2 hands

And the snow is too cold to drag it through   ;D

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
And the snow is too cold to drag it through  ;)

and deep too

Offline Desperado

• Team IceShanty Maniac
and deep too

SOMETHING'S gettin' deep;
be careful not to step in it ! ! ! 
According to several posts here, it can be hard to extract from the soles of your boots
Have YOU Clamped YET ?

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just make sure they're both yours ;)

Why do you think the little lady goes fishing with me.  Doc says not to lift more than 10 pounds

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I just don't have a healthy fear of...anything.
OK...this has spurred me into admitting a little accident last weekend:

Was sitting on the bucket, eating jerky all day.  Thought I had to fart...wrong!  Sharted ion my pantalones.  Not huge but enough to have to remove them, which I did.  I went out to check tip ups and I guess my dog didn't like them in the hut because when I got in, they were gone down the hole....they show up like a freaking musky on the vexilar.  So I moved about an hour later.  Some kid fishing with his dad later that evening caught them...I walked by and dear old dad had the needlenose working on getting a jig out of them.  I couldn't even look at the guy walking past.  Thank god I had on coveralls...pretty easy to name me as a "person of interest" in this crime considering I only had on one sock at this point.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline Mooter

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Was sitting on the bucket, eating jerky all day.  Thought I had to fart...wrong!  Sharted ion my pantalones.  Not huge but enough to have to remove them, which I did.  I went out to check tip ups and I guess my dog didn't like them in the hut because when I got in, they were gone down the hole....they show up like a freaking musky on the vexilar.  So I moved about an hour later.  Some kid fishing with his dad later that evening caught them...I walked by and dear old dad had the needlenose working on getting a jig out of them.  I couldn't even look at the guy walking past.  Thank god I had on coveralls...pretty easy to name me as a "person of interest" in this crime considering I only had on one sock at this point.

Now that's a story worthy of it's own post.  Do I need to do it or are you capable?

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
There is some shame on my behalf but you move it where you feel it brings the most joy to people.  I can give you this piece of advice:

Just because your bucket makes a fart super loud doesn't mean you have to continue to push your luck.  Talk about gambled and lost.  And of course I only told one person...but it was the wrong person to tell.  My shanty now includes my name, address, and the caption "Makin' Brownies" that was recently added.  Not cool...but funny as he11.
STRIKELITE 4-STROKE, POLARIS 800 X2, OTTER OUTDOORS, FL-12, FORD F-150, ST. CROIX, HERITAGE LAKER AND FRABILL THERMAL TIPUPS, STRIKEMASTER BIBS AND PARKA, MR BUDDY, LOWRANCE H2O, AQUA VIEW XL, MARCUM PANNING TRIPOD, AND FATTIES.

Offline vermonner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Take me to your icefishing leader

Brave man to admit that on here.  The thought police will come a knockin before you know it...
It might sound a little like this---
"You know, it's a fineable offense to gamble on a fart, lose that gamble and have your dog cover up evidence by way of putting it in the hole.  Was your dog leashed?  YOU SIR ARE AN UNETHICAL FISHERMAN!!!!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go harrangue the kid to make sure he's practicing catch and release with your underwear..."

What kills me is if anyone stops for one minute and thinks about all the "rules" to which we must conform, maybe then they would see that we don't need more "rules"--seems to be enough of it around here sometimes.

The employment of effort, hard work, time, and energy put in locating fish will offend noone.

Offline BojiHawk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
"You know, it's a fineable offense to gamble on a fart, lose that gamble and have your dog cover up evidence by way of putting it in the hole.  Was your dog leashed?  YOU SIR ARE AN UNETHICAL FISHERMAN!!!!  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go harrangue the kid to make sure he's practicing catch and release with your underwear..."

You know what...I consider myself fairly amusing if not at my own expense.  But this was 3 of the funniest lines I've read in a long time.  :D

Offline dabluz

• Team IceShanty Addict
Luckily, your fishing licence was not in the pants pocket.  You could have been fined for pollution, littering, non-possession of a fishing licence.
Great story.  I know it took a lot of courage to tell it.

I would have asked for the pants back.

Yesterday, I was icefishing and when it was time to leave....it was "REALLY" time to leave.  I clenched tight, walked stiff legged to the van, drove home, ripped off my coat and snow pants and raced to the bathroom.  Got there just in time.  Luckily, I live only about 3 miles from the fishing site.

During the summer, you can always hide somewhere but on the ice with dozens of other fishermen scattered all over, "the big job" is impossible.

More women would go fishing and icefishing if they could pee as easily as men.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.