Author Topic: Ice Fishing Computer Games???  (Read 2660 times)

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Ice Fishing Computer Games???
« on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:21 PM »
I recall some posts on here last season about computer ice fishing games.  Don't think there were any available, but someone was going to look into having one designed and marketed.
Did anything ever happen with that???
I'd sure buy one if it was available!!!  I'm sure most of you other guys would too.  A smart company could sell over 10,000 on this site alone!!!

Offline MACK_USCG

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Trout Assassin!
Re: Ice Fishing Computer Games???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 08, 2007, 05:42 PM »
Cabelas Has Alaskan adventures where you get to put in tip ups and catch fish!

Offline Papa Dukes

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 08, 2007, 06:57 PM »
have had ideas about making one, but i have no idea how to...anyone good with computer programing wanna team up with me?

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #3 on: Feb 08, 2007, 09:11 PM »
I am a programmer by trade Papa Dukes...I would love to help you out but it would be a massive undertaking.  You would have to look at platform compatibility, programming language [ probably C would be best ~ most compatible ], marketing cost, packaging, sponsor(s), media, etc.

I am willing to bet it would cost at least $15,000 to even get the project off the ground.

Most of the projects I work on start at $30,000 ~ granted I am not the only one working on the project, but that is a pretty large starting budget.

Just food for thought...

shawno  8) 

Offline Hacksaw

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 09, 2007, 06:49 AM »
I just got the Nintendo Wii game console.  I purchased Rapala Tournament fishing.  It does not have any ice fishing but you can pick several different lakes and hundreds of rapala lures to fish with.  You drive the boat to a spot and fish.  The cool thing is the remote has motion sensors so to cast you would hold the remote like a fishing pole and cast. When your reeling in any motion you make with the remote, the pole moves the same direction.  Its a pretty cool game.

Offline HawkEyeman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 09, 2007, 09:43 AM »
Leave video game consoles to adventure games and shooters. Leave the ice fishing in the real outdoors ;)

Offline fisheraug4life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If ice fishing was a job, then I'd be glad to go!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2007, 04:10 PM »
Dudes,we should have it on wii. Besides people who cant ice fish like florida people and all that can experience it in game form. :whistle:
Fish in the shack, while smoking a few cigs. D##n! That's a good day for me.

Offline indeeptreble

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Every hour you fish adds an hour to your life!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2007, 08:17 PM »
It won't be ice fishing without the cold. That wii might be able to simulate drilling a hole with a hand auger

Offline slider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2007, 09:17 PM »
nothing like having freezing hands runny nose snow down your back cold coffee
but God i wouldnt give it up for anything

Offline Bassfishin1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin Till The Day I Die!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2007, 08:27 AM »
I think it would be a great Idea. There are plenty of times when you do not have time to go , but have time for a quick game. this does not mean that I want it to tkae its place, but would be nice once in a while. You can never beat the real thing. Ice fishing for life.
Its Just A Way Of Life, Some People Just Dont Understand.

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2007, 10:26 AM »
There have been several computer fishing games around for years, so obviously SOME manufacturer found it economical and practical to create and market these type of games.  There are 11,000 of us ice fishermen on this site alone, and who knows how many more on other sites just like this (I must be nuts, there's NO OTHER site like IS!).  How hard can it be to contact one of these game companies and convince them to come up with an Ice Fishing game???

I'm gonna try!!!

IceBalls

Offline mcarolan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2007, 01:17 PM »
I managed to down load an ice fishing game onto my cell phone which I tend to play around with on the way to a location............ nowhere near the same but it gets you really in the mood!

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 27, 2007, 01:20 PM »
If it were realistic, why the heck would I want to stare at a computer screen with a flag down all day long   :-\

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #13 on: Feb 27, 2007, 01:23 PM »
have any of you play Trophy Bass 4 by sierra???
the platform they used was astonishing compared to the game platform that cabelas uses.  Its a ton more realistic..they even have or at least had online play which i participated in.  I haven't played the rapala one, but my guess is that TB4 which came out in 2000 has much better grafics and a more realistic platform.  If somebody wants to make this game happen they need to petition SIERRA for it....plus, adding icefishing to a regular fishing game would increase the market share of the product and not be difficult, to big, or expensive to add on to a fishing game.  with the right people addvising the make of the game they could for once have a realistic and entertaining fishing game for the new consoles.

Offline artycat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Feb 27, 2007, 03:44 PM »
Maybe contacting some of the bigger names in ice fishing? See if they would be interested in supporting it, maybe they would be willing to also contact say Sierra or other developers? Genz is a big enough sell out that he might think he could make a buck on it!!! Just kidding, but really, Genz or the guys from HT Ent. Frabill, Northland Tackle. Just some ideas?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #15 on: Feb 27, 2007, 03:56 PM »
If it were realistic, why the heck would I want to stare at a computer screen with a flag down all day long   :-\
will it also have a cooler with lots of beer? and a shack thatyou can have a nap in  lol   takes care of the no flag!
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #16 on: Feb 27, 2007, 05:24 PM »
I just got done reading a reveiw of trophy bass 2007 and it sounds disapointing, can't they come up with a decent fishing game...there is like no compitition.  don't need races or any extra stuff.  It needs to be multi player/ split screen, more difficult AI, all species of fish, all lure combinations, and a lake map that you can roam around freely, add ice fishing option to the northern lakes and you have a game!  It's not difficult to do, why can't they just ask the people that play these games?  Trophy bass 4 is the closest game that I have seen to a decent fishing game, it was made in 2000 how hard could it be?

Offline Mainehazmt

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #17 on: Feb 28, 2007, 08:52 AM »
I just got done reading a reveiw of trophy bass 2007 and it sound disapointing, can't they come up with a decent fishing game...there is like no compitition.  don't need races or any extra stuff.  It needs to be multi player/ split screen, more difficult AI, all species of fish, all lure combinations, and a lake map that you can roam around freely, add ice fishing option to the northern lakes and you have a game!  It's not difficult to do, why can't they just ask the people that play these games?  Trophy bass 4 is the closest game that I have seen to a decent fishing game, it was made in 2000 how hard could it be?
Im sure pretty hard   lol    I cant do it   can you   lol
I am a Veteran Not a Terrorist!

Offline fishermanjake

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Way to go honey!!!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 28, 2007, 10:20 AM »
I'm not a programmer, however...if I had the platform to work with and a program to do it I probably could, also It would take quite some time to do it compiling all the lake data and stuff.  I'm sure there would be problems that I would come across, but with the right amount of time, a class or two, and the right funding I'm pretty confident I could do it.

Offline fisheraug4life

• IceShanty Rookie
  • If ice fishing was a job, then I'd be glad to go!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 28, 2007, 03:52 PM »
There was a thread here about the same thing.
Fish in the shack, while smoking a few cigs. D##n! That's a good day for me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.