Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2014  (Read 74042 times)

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
Newfound Circus Season 2014
« on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:47 AM »
Oh my, Here we go!.............

Another Newfound Circus season gone bi-polar
Slipped down, couldn't get much lower.
Thin Ice got no sense of humor.
I'm still laughing like hell.

Definitely the sound of madness is approaching........

Newfound Circus Season 2014 will bring a lot of new and fun stuff for the Circus. To give you a peek inside the curtain, there's been some talk with NatGeo, the Alexandria Ice Fishing Derby is on, possible IS gathering, Cusk League, End of season get together as well as the usual comical shenanigans and of course 5.5 communications.

Some of the Circus is set up at Cummings beach and more will be added as the snow subsides (unfortunately more snow on the way later this week). The excitement is already starting to build. There is currently 8" of white ice at Cummings beach and it appears the whole lake is caught (but not safe). Been a few years since we've had early ice, certainly welcomed!

I'm proud of the folks that contribute to the Circus in one form or another whether on the lake or on this thread, always keeping it positive throughout the season. Thanks to all that contribute.
Just so you know, everyone that fishes Newfound is a part of the Circus. There is no need for an invite and there is no admission fee. All are welcome to join in, that's what it's all about. The more the merrier. Helping and lending a hand to those that might need it so that we can all enjoy and maximize our time on the lake together is what we work together for. Everyone gets on and everyone gets off. No one left behind. Pay it forward mentality.
It's about Camaraderie, creating and sharing in good times with those you may or may not know. There are no rules other than having fun (within the legal limits of the law of course). Please keep this in mind when listening to 5.5.....it is NOT child friendly. You always have the right and option of turning it off or to another channel.

We had waaay too much fun last season. Last season, I passed out some GroPro's so that folks could film their own adventures. This worked out very well and have a ton of video footage. I've been piecing together the footage however there is so much that I could make several episodes of the Newfound Circus 2013 season. I have run out of time so I apologize if your footage didn't make it for this cut but they were all great and too funny! Thanks for your help.
I plan to do the same again this year so stop by and pick up a GroPro to help share your adventures for the next Newfound Circus Season 2014 video. These cameras can be mounted just about anywhere (or we can make em fit if needed)  :o.

Below is a video that I put together of the Newfound Circus Season 2013 for your entertainment. I hope you enjoy it.

Soooo....without further hesitation, Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the Newfound Circus Season 2014! Welcome to the Show!

Go Go Get Em!

Sincerely,
JIGGIN.

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2014
« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:04 AM »
Great Stuff Jiggin!

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:08 AM »
Cue the music. This means ice fishing has "officially" begun.  ;)

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:10 AM »
Can't wait to see the show.  ;D

Offline haightdaddy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:35 AM »
 :clap:
If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.

Offline PapaAthona

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:39 AM »
Awesome!  I just watched the video on Youtube before even seeing this thread.  Good luck to you all this year! I am hoping to make it up there and do some fishing this season.  Love Newfound lake!   @) :tipup:

Offline JRFlatlander

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:56 AM »
Killer job,another great video Jiggin .  I will let the boys watch it tonight.  Its also cool being in it, cant wait to add some stuff for the 2014 one.  What software  did you use to make it ?  I lost my music on the  one I made last year on vacation  that I posted on youtube , copyright issues I guess LOL
[

Mama Says happiness is from magic rays of sunshine that come down when you're feeling blue.......

Offline philthefishman

• IceShanty Rookie
  • if ur not fishing ur not livin
« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2013, 11:42 AM »
Ptfm is packed up and enroute  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Can't wait b there at 4 hopefully

Offline JRA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2013, 12:05 PM »
And so it begins... ;D

Good Luck, Be Safe everybody

Offline justatrout

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2013, 12:20 PM »
great video  , wishing 2014 Circus season to be a hit as always  be safe and tight lines

Offline beerhog

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2013, 01:13 PM »
good stuff saw the video on early ice to cool b there afternoon tom cant wait

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2013, 01:40 PM »
aahhhhh......finally.. ...its about time !!!!!.......thought this day would never get here...
another fine job on the video jiggin....who needs nat. geo., when we have this thread ....right?!!
raise the curtain and lets do this show !!
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline GraniteBass

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2013, 04:26 PM »
Great video. Just out of curiosity how did that rolling the snowmobile maneuver end?  ;)
“There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.” - Steven Wright

Offline H82LUZ

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'!
« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2013, 04:40 PM »
Great video. Just out of curiosity how did that rolling the snowmobile maneuver end?  ;)

Snow, sky, snow, sky, snow, sky.
A veteran - whether active duty, retired, National Guard or Reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America" for an amount of "up to and including my life." Thank you to all of you.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2013, 04:55 PM »
Ptfm is packed up and enroute  :clap: :clap: :clap:
Can't wait b there at 4 hopefully

Is kraken coming too?  I'll give you guys a shout out on the radio.
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2013, 05:18 PM »
 :clap: awesome video, awesome sound track :thumbsup:
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline Art 53

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Good things come to those who bait
« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:04 PM »
Jiggin Great show The sound track was great THANK YOU

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:11 PM »
great video,I  look forward to the newfound derby

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:23 PM »
Great day on Newfound, even though we couldn't fish!

On ice. Yessssss.

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline philthefishman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:00 PM »
Is kraken coming too?  I'll give you guys a shout out on the radio.
Oracle  was here since Monday I just got up , we r ready to go. Think we saw u at small mart, we'll be out there there tomorrow

Offline Kraken

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:49 PM »
As wise as i am its kraken not oracle, i think phil has an issue with spell check. But i think we'll be putting out cusk line at midnight. Probably not anywhere we will catch anything but at least we'll be fishing. See you out there tomorrow!

Offline philthefishman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2013, 08:53 PM »
As wise as i am its kraken not oracle, i think phil has an issue with spell check. But i think we'll be putting out cusk line at midnight. Probably not anywhere we will catch anything but at least we'll be fishing. See you out there tomorrow!

;D

Offline draz

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • KEEP THOSE LINES TIGHT
« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:15 PM »
Jiggin great video and great season. Can't wait to get up there. Thanks for doing this.
And to all the Newfound Circus, tight lines to all of you and wishing you all a safe season!!!

Offline fishonNH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2013, 09:26 PM »
Can't believe we'll be out on Opening Day for a change! Ready for the show to begin

Offline BearBait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • 2009 Black Bear
« Reply #24 on: Jan 01, 2014, 03:18 AM »
Great video  Jiggin.   I cant wait to  put the house.   I hope everyone had a safe year and look forward to seeing you all.

Offline Dull Hooks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Jan 01, 2014, 08:53 AM »
Been looking at the GoPro camera's. Are they somewhat idiot proof to run , edit etc ...  Tippin will know how much of a dingdong I can be  ;D

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #26 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:27 PM »
1/1/2014

Happy New Years everyone!

What a day! It turned out that the women of the Circus did very well today....Ladies day.

Guinea jigged up a laker today as well as CH getting one and losing another on a tip up. Ladybug studied today at the Laker Taker academy and watch him yank up 3 lakers....he controlled the board.

Lunker Hunter got a nice rainbow along with Kracken too. Fishing Fun 2 got a laker, maybe 2?

I managed to pull up 2 yellow perch (lost a laker) and Bucktail (or now known as Bufftail...he's been working out) got a nice 14" yellow perch. I cooked them up in a pan of butter and they were delicious, shared with Tippin.

Had a very nice breakfast thanks to CH. Scramble eggs, hash browns and spicy sausage. We had rib-eye and fillet on the grill for dinner.

Great day and was awesome to see everyone out there. 5.5 was busy all day. Too much fun!

I have some pictures and videos from today that I will post up later.....going back out in the early morning.

Cheers!

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Jan 01, 2014, 07:37 PM »
Glad to hear it was a good opening day Jiggin! Thanks for the report. Good to have the Circus back  :thumbsup:

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2014, 02:51 AM »

Sounds like opening day of the Circus was a huge success... congrats to all... thanks for the report Jiggin

Offline Kraken

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2014, 05:00 AM »
So Phil and I made it out there for opening day and I managed to get get one fish (rainbow) on a day that the ladies were doing pretty good, maybe that has something to do with my pink radio. I was just stoked to get a fish on my first time out. We were also out there at 12 am dropping cusk lines the second it was legal. It's always pretty cool to be out on the ice when all the stars are out. Staying out late resulted in a later start than we planned but if I am going to be late fishing for anything, staying up late fishing  is a good reason.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.