Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1615756 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #16830 on: Aug 31, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Morning all,

IF45.....no cap yet, they said 4 -6 weeks so most any time now we should get the call  ;)  hope your pain is getting better  :)

TT....fingers crossed the new neighbor(s) end up as good friends  ;)2

Eddie.....ENJOY and stay safe :woot:

WS.....hope all is going well at the shack  ;)

H2L.....busy weekend on the lake  ???

IW......hope the exercises are getting easier with each passing day  :)

Managed to put another 300 miles on the bike yesterday  :flex:   :thumbsup:  a bit breezy but a nice day none the less  @)

today is mowing day here at home before it starts to rain again tomorrow  ::)

Have a good day at whatever you have planned. Stay safe.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16831 on: Aug 31, 2019, 10:53 AM »

Good late morning ER's
                         Gremlins are still present but I see if I can finish a post.
                         Wally........300 miles is a lot just tooling around the area. I'm glad it was a nice day. :thumbsup:
                         Tom.........My therapist has something similar, but here at home I don't, maybe I can get something up tomorrow to help. :unsure:
                         My wife and I have to go to a funeral this afternoon. My neighbors father passed away earlier in the week. :(
                         Looks like the hurricane Dorin will make a right turn and head up to Georgia, South Carolina. I hope it doesn't affect Eddie in Virginia Beach. ???
                         Have good day everyone.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16832 on: Aug 31, 2019, 05:23 PM »
Good evening everyone :bow:

I got home a couple hours ago from the shack, it must have been productive as I am pooped. The girls had 2 good days on the water and they were full of stories which is always fun to sit and listen to. Yesterday they fished a lake close to the shack, and they actually lost count on the number of fish they caught. Just about all of them were N.Pike and the biggest was 31" which the s-i-l caught. My wife said if they were going to guess without going over she would say they each caught at least 25 fish. The thing with them is other than biggest, whether it's 16" or 30", they get the same rush of excitement out of everything they catch.

Today they fished a different WI lake and and it was a tough bite. The highlight of the day came at around 2pm when my wife said she had had enough, five hours and not a bite ??? Her sister told her "if you don't cast you won't ever catch one", so my wife made another long cast. Just as her spinner hit the water a good sized pike nailed it and the fight was on. My wife said it made about 4 runs and she was afraid it was going to get into the pedal drive. Her sister came over to help and was trying to get her lip grip on it when she knocked it off. My wife said she thought her sister was going to start crying as she felt so bad, their best guess was it was around 38".

I have a couple of videos to share, they will probably take a while to get loaded. I threw the last of my corn out and will be done feeding after today. I am guessing there will still be visitors but it will probably slow down quite a bit

Hope you all have a good rest of the evening :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

I almost forgot this one. Look close by the house, the little guy was busy investigating things while we were gone  :roflmao:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16833 on: Aug 31, 2019, 06:19 PM »
Here are a couple pictures from Tom Turkey that he asked me to post for him.

WS

The tree you see the bottom of in the window with the picture of the strutting hen is a pear tree that was planted in the late 1800's. It is over 50 feet tall

Take a close look at the hen

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16834 on: Aug 31, 2019, 06:36 PM »
Good evening,my sister and BIL both have September birthdays(sister's is on Monday) so made the trip to have lunch with them and drop off their presents. Glad I was Head South bound this morning traffic backup in Mahwah ,NJ. with folks waiting to get on the NYS Thruway also backed up for a few miles on route 287 northbound. Heavy traffic area junction of the Thruway ,routes 287 and 17. Had a good vist thankfully light traffic on the way home.
Eddie may you have had a safe and uneventful trip to Virginia Beach and are now settled in for the week. Enjoy the fishing. May Dorian not affect you during your vacation.
Tom Turkey did you receive any pamphlets at the course sounds like their is plenty to remember and be watching for as someone recovers from knee replacement surgery. May the new neighbor(s) become friends as Wallyworld posted. Looking forward to seeing your son's photos.
Icefisher-45 I thought the drier problem was going to be corrected this coming week. Think you will not see siding crew until Tuesday.
Wallyworld you and Mr.WW sure take some long bike rides ,is the photo showing part of Lake Ontario.
Ice Wanderer sorry to hear about your neighbor's father. Maybe one of your son's could build you a board like Mr.Turkey describe to use while preforming wall climbing finger exercise.
Whopper Stopper sounds like the girls had a great time at the shack.Sorry to read about the N.Pike lost while trying to land it. Thanks for today's videos sure the wildlife will come to your yard for a few days before searching for another food source. Did your neighbor take down his bird feeders or does he still get nightly visits from Yogi and his relatives.Thank you for posting photos from Mr. Turkey

May everyone have a safe and good holiday weekend.

Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16835 on: Aug 31, 2019, 09:46 PM »
Good Evening Everyone, Relaxing day. My wife tried to catch up on her sleep. She ended up getting home around 2 AM this morning. Landlord is looking for another electrician. The guys doing the siding will be back on Wednesday. Headache is still bad. Am doing more walking.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like it was a good time at the camp. That’s to bad your wife lost the pike. Thank you for sharing the videos and Tom Turkeys pictures.

WallyWorld, Sounds like you had a good ride. Hopefully you’ll be able to get out over the long weekend.

Ice Wanderer, my condolences to your neighbors for their loss. Hopefully your shoulder is feeling better.

I hope everyone had a good day and a good evening. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16836 on: Aug 31, 2019, 10:14 PM »
Thanks for posting the pictures for me Marv. I have only seen a couple of hens with beards. Only one strutting. there were another two in strut when he took that picture.

The turkeys are in my sons yard which is the house his late mother and I bought 50 years ago last April. The pear tree grows pears that are the size of old school carb apples. They do not drop until the snow flies.

Marv I see you are over on the dark side of M-S. When I saw the reply in the painting the bottom of a dark house I thought I was on IS LOL I did not realize until then that you started it as I saw the thread but never opened it.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16837 on: Sep 01, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

Once again....thoughts and prayers to those involved in the latest shooting in Texas, family, friends, first responders   :'(  :wacko:  >:(  :( 

WS....glad you had a safe trip and the fish were willing to play  :thumbsup: :clap:  thanks for the videos and TT's pics  :)

IF45.....sorry to hear there's no relief from the headaches yet  :(

MrC.....the pic is from Wright's Landing in Oswego  ;)  glad you beat the traffic and had a chance to visit your sister and b-i-l  :clap:  Happy Birthday wishes to both  ;)

Rain moving in later today thru tomorrow  ::)  no plans for much the next couple days  :-\

Have a good day whatever's on tap. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16838 on: Sep 01, 2019, 09:18 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

Another nice day on tap, with a high close to 70.

TT Funny you saw the post :roflmao: I thought their spearing group seemed much more active and I wanted to hear some thoughts on the under side color, but I didn't get too far Lol I am getting a new spear house for the up coming season and looking for ideas.

WW hope you get some good relaxing time in, hope it give you some time to plan your next adventure :thumbsup:

Eddie hope the day finds you on the road, safe travels Sir! :thumbsup:

Last night was a crazy night to say the least. My wife wanted to see the Northern Lights and supposedly they would be visible from our location. I asked her if she was serious and she said "of course it's a phenomenon" She set the alarm for 1am and needless to say it went off right on time. Our outside motion lights popped on as she was getting ready to go outside so I was invited to walk along with her. As we sat in the back yard, the stars were brilliant, the cool air smelled of a early September morning, but no northern lights could be seen :%$#!:

Hope you all have an excellent Sunday, Happy Labor Day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16839 on: Sep 01, 2019, 11:19 AM »
Good Afternoon Everyone, Less humid today. The surgeon recommended a pain clinic for my headaches as well as the middle of my back. He said might as well see the same people. He thinks I got a concussion in the fall at work.

Whopper Stopper, Sounds like it was beautiful out and you got to spend time with your wife. I heard the Northern lights are very beautiful.

WallyWorld, I hope you have a nice relaxing day today.

Mr Clean, I hope you had a good lunch with your sister and b-I - l.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16840 on: Sep 01, 2019, 12:40 PM »

WW hope you get some good relaxing time in, hope it give you some time to plan your next adventure :thumbsup:

WS

How did you know what I've been doing  ???  :unsure:   :blink:   :roflmao:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16841 on: Sep 02, 2019, 06:03 AM »
Morning all,

Happy Labor Day  :woot:

WS.....any middle of the night wake ups last night  ???  been to Alaska twice, missed the light show both times  :(

IW....hope the gremlins haven't moved in  :-\

IF45.....hope you're starting to feel better  :)

Eddie.....you must be settled in by now and starting to relax  :thumbsup: :clap:  hope the fish are biting  ;)

Had about an inch of rain overnight, more on the way today ::)   might try to get out fishing tomorrow either Oneida for eyes or Ontario for salmon, depends on the wind/wave forecast  ;)2

Have a good day. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16842 on: Sep 02, 2019, 06:35 AM »
Good morning WW! Good morning everyone :bow:

No interruptions last night WW, just couldn't sleep, what a crappy night.

IW I am with WW, hope the great haven't taken over on you.

Eddie I hope a little fishing is in your early morning plans. :thumbsup:

The s-i-l has someone coming to look at her vehicle this morning . She just put it on C List yesterday. I hope it's a quick sale.

May everyone enjoy their Labor Day. Stay safe.

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16843 on: Sep 02, 2019, 07:36 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Looks like it’s going to be a nice morning with rain this afternoon. My wife is going to help our downstairs neighbor with stuff our neighbor bought at a yard sale.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully your sister in law has a quick sale. Has she thought about posting on Facebook Market Place? I see a lot of vehicles there. Hopefully you get to take a nap today.

WallyWorld, Good luck today on the water.

I hope everyone has a great day stays safe. Tight lines to those on the water. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16844 on: Sep 02, 2019, 08:23 AM »
Will be camped out under the AC at the Camping World Store hear 100* for today.
Bud

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16845 on: Sep 02, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Good morning 45!

We have looked at a lot of stuff on Market Place, you are right it would be a good option. We didn't realize that C List  now charges $5 for posting an auto. Still a good deal just different since we sold a car last time using it. I have never had a problem selling on C List once you sort out the nut jobs, luckily it's fairly easy to spot the riff raff. I have a trailer I may try to sell on on Market Place just to see how it goe.

WW I laughed when you posted the brochures, I hope IW is in shape for his annual Main hunt. Are you thinking a week or more traveling  ???

Bud I hope it is a dry heat ;D

I collected the cards from the cameras and picked out a couple to share. Looking at the ground there is still some good picking to be done if the critters aren't too fussy.

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16846 on: Sep 02, 2019, 09:32 AM »
Good morning overcast skies weather guessers say I will see rain on and off for most of the day with stronger storms this afternoon. Adding my prayers to Wallyworld's and others for all affect by the shooting in Odessa, Texas. Also said one for all who may be troubled by Hurricane Dorian. My sister gave me a bunch of photographic slides from our parents and grandparents  of me as an infant and early years of my life went through them yesterday with a portable slide viewer. Going to research if any company still makes and sells slide projector probably will have to transfer images on the slides to a CD disk and view on computer or have slide images made into photographs.
Icefisher-45 looks like who have a good landlord who takes pride in his property and wants his tenants to be  may the dryer problem get fixed this week. Your surgeon might be correct about you suffering a concussion from the fall reoccurring  headaches and sensitivity to light are symptoms of post concussion recovery . You and your wife seem to be building a good relationship with the downstairs neighbor.
Tom Turkey thanks again for sending WS the photos of turkeys at your son's home. Interesting to know that some hens will grow a bread like the toms.
Wallyworld thank you for answering my photo question. Looks like a trip to New England maybe in your future. Safe travel and good fishing to the two of you tomorrow.
Whopper Stopper you and the wife may have to take a trip up Drifter's way some day to see the Northern lights sorry the two of you got up and did not see anything. Best to you in search for new spearing shack and SIL with her vehicle sale. Thanks for today's video footage will watch after I post.
IFF stay hydrated and inside as much as possible like WS said may the high temperature not be combined with high humidity.
Ice Wanderer hope you do not have a serious computer problem or family matter that is keeping you from posting.
Hunts2long may you and the family be having a good Labor Day holiday weekend.
Eddie hope the weather is good and your catching some fish.

A safe and good Labor Day to everyone. Best to those casting a line.
  Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #16847 on: Sep 02, 2019, 09:40 AM »
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16848 on: Sep 02, 2019, 10:22 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's raining here on my hill, the rest of the week seems nice. ::)
                           Bud........I like warm temps but I wouldn't like 100*, camping out under the AC is not my choice of fun. :%$#!:
                           Marv......I'm glad the girls had a good time fishing and you clearing the trails and readying yourself for hunting. :thumbsup: :clap:
                           OS........Since I retired Labor Day has lost a ot of it's appeal. :blink: But Happy Labor Day anyway. :clap:
                           I-45......How the work coming on the house, I thinkm it's been about 2 weeks since the electrician went on vacation, I hope your first
                  on his list when he gets back. ???
                           Wally.....The weather for tomorrow looks favorable for a fishing trip. :clap: I hope I got the Gremlins at bay. :unsure:
                           Tom .....I got some help yesterday from my wife's son and we made a finger ladder so I could do my wall walk better.

I hope Eddie is having a good time in Virginia Beach and Dorian doesn't make it's way there while he is there. :whistle:
                           One of the reasons I haven't posted is we had a house full this weekend. My wife's son and her grand daughter were here.
                           Everyone has gone this morning even my wife, she went to her mother's till Friday. Next Monday we are going to Old Orchard Beach Me.
                  for our yearly trip with the neighbors and friends, I hope Dorian goes out to see far from NE coast.
                           Have a good day everyone.

IW   

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #16849 on: Sep 02, 2019, 01:53 PM »
IW... I know what you mean about Labor Day losing it's appeal since retirement. I fully retired last December as an early  Christmas gift to myself and the wife!!  ;)2 :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16850 on: Sep 02, 2019, 04:05 PM »
Afternoon  all,

WS.... sleep was pretty evasive here last night too :(  will be an early night tonight for me  ;) looking at probably a week to make a big loop thru Vermont, NH into ME then back to NY  @) hoping to get decent weather next month and take the bike  ;)

IW.....bet you’re enjoying the peace and quiet today  ;D

MrC....hope the rain didn’t ruin your day  ::) It’s just beginning to clear up here now

OS.....retirement is the best gift ever  ;) makes you wonder how you ever got anything done while you were working  ???

Plans are to leave early tomorrow morning and head for the big lake in search of some salmon!! Only our second shot ever at it, the first was a skunk, so we’ll see how it goes  :-\

Have a good night and a good day tomorrow back at work, school or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16851 on: Sep 02, 2019, 05:05 PM »
Good luck WW :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16852 on: Sep 02, 2019, 05:31 PM »
Thanks WS, hopefully there will be some pictures  ;D

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16853 on: Sep 03, 2019, 05:55 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                                  It's 53* and clear here on my hill, a nice day ahead. ::)
                                  Wally.........Good luck out on the big lake, just west of Oswego there is little harbor and out side there is a place called
                         "The Hole". It's not very big but boats get on the edge of it a troll in a circle, generall in the early morning or in the evening.
                          The salmon head into the hole at night and out of it in the morning. :clap: :whistle:
                                 Marv..........Great videos that you posted yesterday. :thumbsup:
                                 OS............I remember when you retired fully and how happy you seemed to be able to do so. I retired in July 2010 and
                          it was one the best decisions I have ever made. :woot:
                                 My heart goes out to the residents of the Bahamas having Dorian stall over them, may they come out of this.
                                 Not much going on today a couple of errands to run and that's it.
                                 I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or chasing those water creatures.

IW 

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16854 on: Sep 03, 2019, 06:31 AM »
Good morning IW. Good morning everyone :bow:

IW hope you have a good day. That was an interesting finger board you have set up. Hope it helps to get limbered up :thumbsup:

Eddie hope you are having an excellent time :thumbsup: Remember it's noon somewhere ;D

WW looking forward to seeing some salmon pictures  :thumbsup:

Not a lot here today. I am backing up my walking by an hour, just too dark. Tomorrow I am going to do a couple hours of water therapy to start the day. Big storms and rain late last night, hopefully a few big fish will start heading into the weeds with the expected cooler temps by the end of the week.

Hope you all have an excellent Tuesday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16855 on: Sep 03, 2019, 09:20 AM »
Good morning again :bow:

Here is a couple of videos .......

WS

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16856 on: Sep 03, 2019, 10:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Per the weather people today is supposed to be the best day of the week. My wife’s car isn’t ready today. Parts aren’t in yet due to the holiday. Now we have to see if the rental will be covered longer.

Whopper Stopper, Hope you have a good walk. Thank you for sharing those videos. Did your s-I- l sell her vehicle?

Ice Wanderer, Have a good day doing errands. How is the finger walking going?

WallyWorld, Good luck. Hoping to see some pictures.

I hope everyone has a great day and tight lines to those on the water. Prayers for the people in the Bahamas.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #16857 on: Sep 03, 2019, 12:10 PM »
Good afternoon 45

Thanks for reminding me I forgot all about the car sale.

The dealership had offered my s-i-l $4500 for a trade in on the car she was buying, which she turned down. She figured for the year, condition and mileage she wanted $6500.

We had put the ad on C List Sunday night around 7pm. At 8pm I got a response from a lady south of the Jungle saying they would like to come Monday morning around 11am to look at it, if we would be home.  The people came at 11am on the dot and by 11:30 they were driving away with it. They never dickered a bit and gave her the $6500 cash. The were expecting their 3erd child and had been looking for an SUV to haul the growing family around.

Needless to say everyone was happy :thumbsup:

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #16858 on: Sep 03, 2019, 09:50 PM »
Good evening , prayers for all in the Bahamas and California boat incident. Only had rain for part of the day on Monday today was dry and sunny.
Ice Wanderer figured you may have had a family function over Labor Day weekend. Finger board looks good may it help with the exercise.  May your wife have a good week with her mom. Best to both of you on next week's trip to Maine.
Wallyworld how was today's fishing trip hope the two of you boated some salmon. May things work out for your trip next month.
Whopper Stopper congratulations to your SIL on the fast sale of her SUV for price she wanted . Enjoy the water therapy tomorrow. Once again thank you for posting the game camera videos.
Icefisher-45 the warranty cover wife's car rental hope parts arrive soon so she has her car back. May the siding get finished this week and you also get back the use of clothes dryer.
Hunts2long hope all is well and no computer problems.
Eddie may Dorian change from projected track and you not have to leave early for home.

A safe and good night to all.
  Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #16859 on: Sep 04, 2019, 04:26 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                         It's 61* and clear out this morning a nice day is the forecast. ::)
                         Marv.........Jen is a smart woman selling the car herself, dealers try to get the car for the lowest price to make more on the resale. :clap:
                 Good idea changing your walk time with it staying dark later. :flex:
                         Steve.......Thank you, the finger board really helps, the purpose is to pull my arm up the ladder not lift it up. It's to early to start strengthing
                 exercises. :flex:
                         Wally.......Waiting for how you made out on the salmon. ???
                         H2L.........Have you been out lately, the summer crowds have to be gone by now. :unsure:
                         Eddie.......I hope you and the family are having a good time. :flex:
                         Not much going on today, the town is paving our road today so I think I'll stay in and not deal with it.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday Hump Day either at work or out.

IW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.