The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: long time listner first time caller  (Read 614 times)

Offline pokin holes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Its gonna be a good day tater!"-Ron White
long time listner first time caller
« on: Jan 17, 2016, 03:34 PM »
hey guys/gals im new here but been reading your posts for quite sometime! im from the Indianapolis area been wanting to drive up to the central Wisconsin area and do some hard water fishing for a long time now and this year I think im gonna do it we just now capped over down here and the forecast doesn't look promising for good ice. I was thinking Onalaska maybe Neshonock any suggestions??? im also looking for a lodge to stay in with a kitchen and stuff instead of a hotel/motel. thinkin the first weekend of February any help any info would be greatly appreciated!! thanks in advance folks!!

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: long time listner first time caller
« Reply #1 on: Jan 17, 2016, 07:39 PM »
There's not really a whole lot that I can think of off the top of my head as far as cabin rentals go because most of the shore line is developed here.  There are a lot of options as far as hotels go though.  The Best Western Riverfront is right on the Black River portion of the Mississippi backwaters and pretty centrally located.  You could walk out the back door and be on the ice.  It's in an area that doesn't get fished real hard but with a little walking you should be able to find perch, crappie and eyes.  There's a bunch of other access points within a few minutes drive.  I don't fish Neshonoc much but from what I know it's a pretty shallow bowl with crappies and gills. 
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline LENNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 17, 2016, 09:19 PM »
If you go north a little farther the Chetec chain of lakes has a lot of cabins around them and some are open year round. Good luck, stay safe.

Offline pokin holes

• IceShanty Rookie
  • "Its gonna be a good day tater!"-Ron White
« Reply #3 on: Jan 18, 2016, 02:30 PM »
thanks guys I do appreciate the info and I will check both places out! Its actually gonna be zero down here again tonight be the second night in a row! hope to maybe hit a farm pond or two by the weekend!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.