The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: World Championship  (Read 756 times)

Offline north50

• IceShanty Rookie
World Championship
« on: Mar 10, 2010, 07:05 PM »
This morning i went down to the lake to watch the pros fish, very interesting. Some of the lures and rigs they use look like they came out of the fifties. Of course they make them fish the deadest part of the lake. 2 of the u.s. team asked me where to catch some fish, because most of these teams never saw a gill or crappie in their life. I took them and 2 swedes in my truck to a bay i fish, and they caught them, laughing, taking pictures, having a ball. It was a good day. All teams that i met were very nice, friendly, respectfull people, most could speak english. Anybody close to Rhinelander should stop down to boom lk this weekend and meet these people. They fish from 9 till noon, no power augers, no electronics, no transportation. :tipup:

Offline bearbgone

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: World Championship
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:53 AM »
I told my wife that I'm in training for next years Championship! If I read it right all you have to do is finish in the top ten of only one of the many tournaments to become a finalist. I'm so there! I will give it a try anyway....

Offline north50

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 13, 2010, 02:44 PM »
I told my wife that I'm in training for next years Championship! If I read it right all you have to do is finish in the top ten of only one of the many tournaments to become a finalist. I'm so there! I will give it a try anyway....

good luck, thers only 5 fishermen per country, and what i seen today, they could pull a fish out of a toilet.

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #3 on: Mar 13, 2010, 05:20 PM »
Well that would be a log of a fish heh  ;D ;D ;D

Met you again on the ice today. Nice to see the local Rhinelanders and beyond coming down to cheer on Team USA. Thanks for coming out. They did an awesome job today. Hope they can remain in first tomorrow. I expect they will since they have the crappie dialed in.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.