The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: DNR regs on line attendance.....  (Read 6175 times)

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
Re: DNR regs on line attendance.....
« Reply #30 on: Feb 10, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Straight from the DNR website: (actually came from sturgeon spearing FAQ)
"Tip-ups must be attended and immediately responded to if a bite is indicated. There is no minimum or maximum distance as long as they aren’t unattended."

Question answered.

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #31 on: Feb 10, 2010, 11:13 PM »
Not likely where I fish, but it's possible I suppose.  It hasn't happened yet anyway.  I have more problems with people trying to run them over than anything.

Only because I haven't found your shack out there yet lol.  I will be fishing Fox this weekend sometime during the fisheree.  As far as your original question you should be ok even with Heather checking you.  If they trip your flag and you come at them withe the atv in no time flat it should be obvious the line is attended.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline TIBS

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tipup!!!!!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 11, 2010, 04:50 PM »
Tip-up fishing on fox has been terrible this year, I got a hold of the boom shocking survery they did this fall, and there's tons of little perch and crappies in there this year, and apparently my shiners don't taste as good as the YOY perch and crappies, so in all my time I've spent out there, I only have 1 31" pike to show for it, and my back-up lake, puckaway, had a big shad hatch this year again so pike fishing up there is dead too.

Offline Ice Dog 67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • DCB = Delta Bravo
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2010, 08:31 AM »
Do so me jigging for some of those small perch and gills and use them for bait.

Offline bobbyfish64

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a big one! Get me a beer.
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2010, 05:28 PM »
Is there a requirement regarding the distance between an angler and their tip-ups?
There are no regulations regarding the distance between an angler and their tip-ups or fishing rods. However, the angler must be able to respond to his or her tip-up immediately when the flag goes up. Failure to respond immediately to a line upon indication of a bite will be sufficient evidence that the line is unattended
wdnr..website
Selective harvest today..trophy tomorrow !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.