The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Who's fishin Moraine tommorrow???  (Read 2629 times)

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • YA JUST GOTTA LOVE IT!!!!
Who's fishin Moraine tommorrow???
« on: Jan 24, 2008, 03:48 PM »
RAISE YOUR HAND!!!  Or just nod once......LOL
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline fritschsr

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Who's fishin Moraine tommorrow???
« Reply #1 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:06 PM »
Pajns,
How thick is the water? might go this weekend if I can.
Dave
If you don't know where you are going, when you get there, well there you are.

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:13 PM »
Last report I see is 4-5. That was yesterday so I hope more tommorrow. If good tommorrow will be back for the weekend.Good luck.
NEVER lied about the size of the fish I caught.....just remember them being BIGGER!!

"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why, I dream of things that never were and ask why not"---RFK

Offline fritschsr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:18 PM »
Pjns,
where you goin on moraine, we'll probably start at the 528 boat launch area.
Dave

Offline fritschsr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:26 PM »
Pjns,
I'll be in a red 4-door Ford truck. black Cabela's ice shanty if I take it. I'll keep my eyes peeled for ya.
Dave

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 24, 2008, 08:28 PM »
OK Dave...my name is John.  Lets give em heck tommorrow....guess I better pack a lunch...lol Probably get there around noonish so save me some fish......Good Luck Dave and be safe.

Offline grozquads

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Jan 25, 2008, 08:44 AM »
What time?  Hope to get out early if all goes well.  Not sure which part of the lake.  Driving a black GMC crew cab.  Could always use the company.

Groz

Offline fly_chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Frozen holes are no good!!!!
« Reply #7 on: Jan 25, 2008, 09:25 AM »
I'll be there Sunday afternoon. 4 kids and the wife.

Should be entertaining at the very least!

Offline Grub

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 25, 2008, 10:46 AM »
I'm in !!.I'll be on muddy creek w/ everyone else.Big black cabelas shanty.Stop on by.
                                                             Grub

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #9 on: Jan 25, 2008, 11:17 AM »
Most likely I'll be in Shannon's on Saturday...maybe MC if things are really slow.

On Sunday I'll be out around 4pm into the late hours.  Hopefully by then the bite for night crappies will have picked up some.  Perhaps I'll finally catch up with you on the ice Fly...we were what about 40 yards apart last year and never connected?  ;)

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline fly_chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Frozen holes are no good!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:44 PM »
That was funny CS.

I will either be at 5 cabins or Muddy creek. I'm thinking more towards 5 cabins, I always do good there on first ice and it's less crowded. I have a champagne colored avalanche and 4 kids. (can't miss me) LOL.

My brother is fishing Muddy creek tomorrow, so it all depends on how he does. I'll let you know.

FC

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 25, 2008, 12:49 PM »
50-50 for Sat. AM trip, Sunday I will either be at Wilhelm for an all dayer or with my son for an afternoon trip at the lake. 

Snapper

Offline ComplexSimon

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Looking for the clear and solid stuff...
« Reply #12 on: Jan 25, 2008, 01:48 PM »
I agree that first ice is usually very productive at 5 cabins Fly, but I very rarely find any crappie over there.  Plenty of gills and occasionally you'll find a school of decent perch, but I'd much rather find crappie.  Snapper mentioned that you can sometimes find em suspended over deep water, but the best depth I've found back there with the vex is 18' (without going around the bend into the main lake).  I guess we'll see what happens.  I drive a green pontiac montana and I use a black frabill scout shanty (with IS logo stickers on the base).  If we don't meet up good luck...and as always EVERYONE stay as safe as possible!

Each frozen wasteland holds a gem, the successful ice angler is 95% patient & 5% crazy!

Offline feasanthunter

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 26, 2008, 04:31 PM »
planing on going to four maples sunday morning, red ford 150, blue clam guide , colman stove ;D
are you gonna pull those pistols, or whistle "Dixie"?

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 26, 2008, 11:23 PM »
Sounds like a plan....may have to hit Moraine myself today. They gotta hit sooner or later. Just wish it was sooner. Although its just the start of the season. Good luck all. Be safe and save some for this ole guy...lol

Offline Pajns

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Jan 30, 2008, 09:43 AM »
Depending on the reports about the ice today I might have to hit Moraine tommorrow. Guess start at MC and if no luck hit Zion. Maybe this weather will stir the fish up. Need some fillets for the freezer. Got that taste for crappie but have only been able to get 5 - 7 incher's. Even bluegill would be good. Oh well....be safe all and Good luck....

Offline CAMOTIM

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:01 PM »
50-50 for Sat. AM trip, Sunday I will either be at Wilhelm for an all dayer or with my son for an afternoon trip at the lake. 

Snapper

Snapper, I'm looking at a post-noon trip to Arthur this Sat-let me know where/when you're going out-would like to meet up with you. My son may come along, also. Have you considered Harbor acres-Randy E. caught some nice trout last week, there. Also, is a hand auger ok, or do you recommend the power unit, based on current/projected ice.
CAMO

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #17 on: Jan 30, 2008, 12:45 PM »
Snapper, I'm looking at a post-noon trip to Arthur this Sat-let me know where/when you're going out-would like to meet up with you. My son may come along, also. Have you considered Harbor acres-Randy E. caught some nice trout last week, there. Also, is a hand auger ok, or do you recommend the power unit, based on current/projected ice.
CAMO
hey tim you need a look see the weather was bad there was 5" in mc monday crappie hittin early and late alewifes dead everywhere the fish must be gorging on them will call ya   mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Creektroll3

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Jan 31, 2008, 01:21 AM »
I'm going to try muddy cr. if the ice is good. Got the next 4 day's off just hope the fish are biting. ;D

2009 Iceshanty Tourney Leader for Crappie

Offline toocheaptosmoke

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Is it lunch time yet?
« Reply #19 on: Jan 31, 2008, 09:52 AM »
hey tim you need a look see the weather was bad there was 5" in mc monday crappie hittin early and late alewifes dead everywhere the fish must be gorging on them will call ya   mo

Do you know what's up with all the dead alewifes?  I noticed them a few weeks ago when I was down there duck hunting.  I don't recall seeing dead ones like that other years, hope it doesn't hurt the striper fishing.
[signature removed]

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #20 on: Jan 31, 2008, 10:58 AM »
Do you know what's up with all the dead alewifes?  I noticed them a few weeks ago when I was down there duck hunting.  I don't recall seeing dead ones like that other years, hope it doesn't hurt the striper fishing.
it was to warm in the fall the alewifes got trapped shallow the cold hit and killed them guys with cameras say they are thick top to bottom  mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.