The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: UNITY COLLEGE  (Read 2804 times)

Offline iProzac1982

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Free Line Rides!!
Re: UNITY COLLEGE
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:58 AM »
Alumni '05
Aquaculture and Fisheries
Brook Trout: Catch and Serve with Butter

Offline FROZENGOOSE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2011, 12:36 PM »
Ya i got out of there bc when i looked at how much i would have to pay for 20 years and how much the job paid if i could even get it and i would have been broke was there anyone there 06-07
just for the fun of it, let them go haddeck taste better

Offline keepah seekah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2011, 01:33 PM »
i used to hunt and fish with a good group of guys that graduated 2006-2007. still fish with one of em from time to time. i myself will be going there fall of this year for fisheries bio
i am a big supporter of PETA...."People Eating Tasty Animals"

"the green hornet strikes again gustafson!!!!"

Offline FROZENGOOSE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2011, 01:42 PM »
ya i liked it loved fishing and huntin there (not as many criters up there as ny, still fun though) the ice fishing was great but for those who are going there soon in the previous post get a freshmen girl as soon as possiable bc a good looking women without arm pit hair is a rare thing.  Thank god i had a girl my second day none of my friends got laid

Offline Locnar

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:06 PM »
Studying conservation is great especially when you fish as your main hobby. I need to figure out how to integrate fishing in down here in PA and get some ice fishing credits, I will be getting an internship with our fish and game if all goes well next semester. Im a more non traditional student and started in my mid twenties so I didnt get caught up in the partying cus I already did enough. Its not easy, Ive seen a lot of kids drop out in the first year. Biology has the added stress of lots of math and even more chemistry, which doesnt mix well with partying. Maine has a few schools with very good programs for fisheries, Ive thought about coming up but non permenant resident tuition rates are laughable and Im paying for it myself. Good luck to anyone on this site pursueing it, its hard but awesome when you mix your hobby with your degree.

Offline FROZENGOOSE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 27, 2011, 02:56 PM »
when i was there i was always messed up. every day lol i got out with a 3.8 gpa but all my friend not as lucky i just read my text books.  I didn't like how they were still writing on chuck boards in my classes above the gym in a 40k a year school and than i go to a community college for a semester and they had state of the art smart boards that pissed me off

Offline fishon--fishoff

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • catchem when you can
« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2011, 03:14 PM »
They say it was the farmers prize cow that got shot....94 was the year to be exact.......I noticed that unity doesnt have any CIS courses ???..

Offline [email protected]

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2011, 03:21 PM »
I went didnt stay the whole time. Not to bad of a school but not big enough by the second week you pretty much knew everyone there. The programs they offer are great. I was just looking for something more out of college. If you not into hunting, fishing or taking your truck into mud pits everyday you might not like it there.

Offline Epkomd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2011, 03:43 PM »
you mean if your not a true mainer ;D

Offline crappie_chaser

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Jan 27, 2011, 03:50 PM »
I went there for a year. Couldn't afford another year. I knew the guy who shot the cow from the farmer next door. :o I went to the farmer the year before and asked for permision to hunt on his property and he said I was the only one in two years who asked and he let me hunt there. I guess he will not let anyone hunt there now.
Every man is perceived a wise man, until they speak

Offline FROZENGOOSE

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Jan 27, 2011, 03:53 PM »
No he wont bc of that hahaha i little stream near there i use to go all the time and snorkle and cacth perch on unlra lite trout gear it was fun man i couldent find a single pike in any water though that i didnt like.

Offline Swampdonkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Can't catch em from the couch.
« Reply #41 on: Jan 27, 2011, 06:25 PM »
I went there for a year. Couldn't afford another year. I knew the guy who shot the cow from the farmer next door. :o I went to the farmer the year before and asked for permision to hunt on his property and he said I was the only one in two years who asked and he let me hunt there. I guess he will not let anyone hunt there now.
I never saw so much posted land as I did around there. Everyone said it wasd because some dub shot a cow.

Offline woodman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Jan 29, 2011, 08:01 AM »

1971 Alumni   Forestry    Good luck to all planning to go to school there.

Offline ttone18

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 29, 2011, 10:33 AM »
i wanna go into fisheries biology and cant find many schools with it. unity seems like the best school for me at this time.
I have a couple friends of mine that went to UMO for that! 

Offline pikeking

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #44 on: Jan 29, 2011, 05:46 PM »
I went there, back in 95. A great school. Environmental Sciences
If fishing was work I'd never be sick!

Offline kmiville

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 29, 2011, 11:11 PM »
2005 alumni. I Went there 4 years. Currently employed at Unity College.  I am friends with jOser, even though he is from mass.  lol.  ;)
kmiville

Offline Joser06

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jig
« Reply #46 on: Jan 30, 2011, 05:38 PM »
2005 alumni. I Went there 4 years. Currently employed at Unity College.  I am friends with jOser, even though he is from mass.  lol.  ;)

Hahhaa see not all flatlanders are dinks

Offline BuckAddict

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 31, 2011, 07:28 AM »
Unity is an awesome college for anyone that loves the outdoors! I spent 3 years there back in the 90's. Though the price may look like it's high, it is lower than most 4-year private colleges. The students, faculty and staff really like the outdoor world in general. As for fishing up there, it can be great. I know of some nearby ponds that hold some huge bass and really good Pike fishing. I was up there a while back and really got into the crappie on East Pond...some fish over 17 inches. The students even have a parking lot for snowmobiles, ATV's and shacks...now that's awesome! Not too many colleges that will do that for a student.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.