Author Topic: Which battery box battery 2 use?  (Read 710 times)

Offline walley_eye

• IceShanty Rookie
Which battery box battery 2 use?
« on: Dec 11, 2022, 03:15 PM »
I’m building a battery box like the one in the pic to power my ice tent.

I want to power an led light strip for interior lighting, up to two pc fans to push warm air down from ceiling, a green led light pod to attract fish under ice while running my Humminbird ice 35 and other stuff from the power box.

I had a 7ah 12v flasher battery but it died.

So my question is what size & type battery do I need to power all that kind of stuff? How long will a 7ah led acid battery last doing all this? Agm? Lithion? What about cordless battery adaptors. I use Rigid. https://www.instagram.com/p/CmCrSjoPYO_/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Which battery box battery 2 use?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2022, 03:45 PM »
You will never regret having too much power. As long as you're building this from the ground up consider a 15 Ah LiFePO.  Same size factor as that old SLA 7 Ah and easily a third lighter. Check with our sponsor Amped Outdoors. Drop Matt a line before you order and he might toss you a Shanty discount.

I'd also install USB  capability to recharge a phone, mini camera, etc. Looked at your Insta and I'd make a couple of changes. First, I would not use those screw post connections. A much better option is an SAE polarized connector. Low profile, always polarity protected, and infinite accessories can be adapted to it. Looks like these:

To mount on your box

To add to your accessories.

You can even em' to attach a charger so you can recharge with out having to open the box or remove the battery or any wiring... All of these electrical goodies are easy to find on Amazin or I can share some links to some of the stuff I've used.

Cordless battery adapter? Ridgid? Not sure what your question is here...
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.