Author Topic: South park.  (Read 4306 times)

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: South park.
« Reply #30 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:02 PM »
Well, I found a place to stay next week in fairplay. Can anyone tell me the access points on either eleven mile or tarryall lakes?  Is the access and parking regulated, or is it anywhere you want? I have an annual colorado day pass.

Thanks
Any day on the ice with little to no wind, is a darn good day.

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #31 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:04 PM »
There are parking areas.
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline snowscum

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:34 PM »
Anyone see those 2 rigs taking a nap down by Jefferson? We came through there at sun up and holy crap that had to be at least 60-90mph crosswinds.
Thought for sure our day was ruined at the mile. It wasnt as bad as it could of been but annoying all day long. Didnt ice one fish. Only seen one get caught over at suckers cove. Not sure that place is worth the drive anymore. I have yet to catch anything out of there ice or open. Oh well. It was nice to get out.

Offline da_teacher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 29, 2017, 09:36 PM »
Anyone see those 2 rigs taking a nap down by Jefferson? We came through there at sun up and holy crap that had to be at least 60-90mph crosswinds.
Thought for sure our day was ruined at the mile. It wasnt as bad as it could of been but annoying all day long. Didnt ice one fish. Only seen one get caught over at suckers cove. Not sure that place is worth the drive anymore. I have yet to catch anything out of there ice or open. Oh well. It was nice to get out.

That was nuts!!!! Two rigs on their sides. Pretty scary

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 29, 2017, 11:24 PM »
There are parking areas.

Okay, thanks.

Offline stinkyfingers

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 30, 2017, 08:50 AM »
Mikey, since you're staying in Fairplay you can reach Antero even easier than Elevenmile. Both lakes were very productive at first ice but have become a little tougher recently. Big trout, 6-7 pounds taken regularly. The weather looks pretty good for next week. Temps above freezing and just a little breezy. You can access the weather report for Hartsel, CO online. Also check the fishing report at 11milesports.com. If you're coming up I-25 to Hwy 24 at Colorado Springs to turn west into the mountains, stop in at Colorado Tackle Pro at Hwy 24 and 21st Street. They're good guys that can help you find some locations to fish.
Good luck.
We're born, we live for a while, and then we die.  Sounds like a good reason to go ice fishing.
                                                               Stinky

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 30, 2017, 09:28 AM »
Mikey, since you're staying in Fairplay you can reach Antero even easier than Elevenmile. Both lakes were very productive at first ice but have become a little tougher recently. Big trout, 6-7 pounds taken regularly. The weather looks pretty good for next week. Temps above freezing and just a little breezy. You can access the weather report for Hartsel, CO online. Also check the fishing report at 11milesports.com. If you're coming up I-25 to Hwy 24 at Colorado Springs to turn west into the mountains, stop in at Colorado Tackle Pro at Hwy 24 and 21st Street. They're good guys that can help you find some locations to fish.
Good luck.

Yep, looks like antero an elevenmile lakes are the ones to fish. I had checked the weather for next week and it does look pretty good. Looking forward to getting up there. I used to ice fish a lot in minnesota as a kid, and then springtime iice fishing in alaska. I moved down here 8 years ago and just started getting back on the ice at the end of last year. I had forgotten what I was missing.
Thanks for all the info and the help.

Offline Strangebow

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 30, 2017, 12:05 PM »
Howbert point at 11 mile was fishing great last Wednesday. Iced 16 between two of us all 17-20" bows. Started in 8 fow and ended in 15. Dead stick and jigging both worked well. Water pretty clear down to 10'.

Offline madtrappa

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • [URL=http://s1176.photobucket.com/user/jcr1026/med
« Reply #38 on: Jan 01, 2018, 06:41 PM »
Hit Antero with 8 guys on the 30th. Blown off by 1230. Wind was gusting 30 or 40 my guess. Saw three pop ups fly by me. I'm outside trying to break down my stuff and a 6 pack of beer and. 5 gallon bucket fly by me doing about 30 like effin cruise missiles. Everbody exited the lake very quickly at that point. Guys fishing at the dam were in the line of fire for sure. Cause everybody's stuff was blowing that way in a hurry. Luckily my stuff was anchor ed and in the hut. I lost only a ice anchor on the windward side the got bent almost in half by the gusts coming threw. Wild ride. Two fish landed nothing to brag about. Just 🍪 stockers. Just glad I didn't get impaled by someone's equipment taking a walk and made it off before catastrophic equipment failure

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 01, 2018, 06:48 PM »
Freekin' Brutal!
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline striider

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Jan 02, 2018, 06:31 AM »
Antero is good, as of last week:

11 mile was also decent - 2 16"ers by 10:30 am last trip out (12/26)

Offline alaska mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Jan 02, 2018, 08:23 PM »
Was at 11 mile today out from cross creek. Windy, fishable though, not to many people, and about 12 1/2" of ice.  The problem was the fish, I got skunked.  I was in 8' of water. I didn't see any fish pulled up.  There must of been at least one pulled out but I didn't see any.  Most people left by 11-12.  Being the stubborn one, I stayed all day. Not sure where I am going tomorrow.  Heading to antero thursday.  Probably go back to 11 mile.

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 02, 2018, 10:41 PM »
I was in the same area also, very slow did mark four fish and one pike. My son had a hit so I guess that counts for something lol

Offline callovthemackinaw

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Winter: realm of eternal ice.
« Reply #43 on: Jan 02, 2018, 10:49 PM »
Was at 11 mile today out from cross creek. Windy, fishable though, not to many people, and about 12 1/2" of ice.  The problem was the fish, I got skunked.  I was in 8' of water. I didn't see any fish pulled up.  There must of been at least one pulled out but I didn't see any.  Most people left by 11-12.  Being the stubborn one, I stayed all day. Not sure where I am going tomorrow.  Heading to antero thursday.  Probably go back to 11 mile.

Gotta move around at the mile to find fish, man...

Offline COlipripper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2018, 01:41 PM »
Try Tarryall. You'll catch some there and have a good chance at a pike.

11 mile is good after you've gone 10 times and moved around the entire lake to find where the fish aren't.
Selective harvest works!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 03, 2018, 01:48 PM »
Try Tarryall. You'll catch some there and have a good chance at a pike.

11 mile is good after you've gone 10 times and moved around the entire lake to find where the fish aren't.

No Chit. lol
Bud

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.