Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Leclaire canal has anyone been by there  (Read 681 times)

Offline hunt4fish

• IceShanty Rookie
Leclaire canal has anyone been by there
« on: Jan 14, 2017, 05:05 PM »
I was wondering if anyone has been out on the the leclaire canal or been out by there seen anyone fishing it yet this year. I was thinking about it haven't fished there since I was a kid bit used to do pretty good there. Thanks for your help

Offline fish333

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Leclaire canal has anyone been by there
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:45 AM »
I have been pass there a few time in the last week. There is a few people fishing on the east side of it. I believe they are parking on the road way and walking across ice. ( NOT for me) I don't now if they are catching anything but, some guys stay there a long time.(?)
If you go be safe!! :tipup:

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Jan 15, 2017, 03:32 PM »
Ive been the last two days. 4" bluegills and 8" crappies. 14" of ice on island side, 10-12" on highway side.
EYECONICFISHING

Offline Qceskimo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:20 PM »
Is there a good way to get there besides crossing the ice?  I'm not afraid to walk a bit if that's an issue. 

Offline Kevin23

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4 on: Jan 15, 2017, 08:58 PM »
You can walk the island out. Park at the recreation area below the dam, walk down the boardwalk and across the small auxiliary lock and then follow the road back to the path going North. Follow the path across a small footbridge and then down the island. Its roughly a mile walk each way. Walking from the highway is exactly 300 yards.
EYECONICFISHING

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.