Author Topic: Noodle Lure????  (Read 2840 times)

pryorok

Noodle Lure????
« on: Jan 26, 2004, 03:41 PM »
Out this weekend fished for a couple hrs then the wind got up along with the snow.  Fishing for me was slow.  Guy I passed on the way in had caught several crappie and a couple gills on what he called a noodle with a spike. I Had tried several jigs, went from large to as small as I could but no luck.  I barely saw the lure he was using as he passed but it looked like some type of plastic almost like a piece of colored balloon.. It was really flapping in the breeze..But it looked big enough to choke a horse :o. I tried some plastics after that and still couldn't score.  Gander Mt. boys had never heard of a noodle....but that's not surprising.  Thanks for your response.

Offline cityfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re:Noodle Lure????
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27, 2004, 02:01 PM »
Never heard of a noodle lure, but there is such a thing as a noodle rod. There have been several posts about it. It's an ultra light rod for tightlining that has a very sensitive tip and a stiffer backbone. It's supposedly good for when the bite is real light. Use small jigs and watch the tip. I believe you can do just about the same thing with a spring bobber, but don't quote me. I have never used either. Good luck.

pryorok

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27, 2004, 07:57 PM »
Thanks Cityfishin,
Checked with another source today on the noodle. Bait shop owner knew what they were but they didn't have any.  He says they are another type of plastic but real flimsy with a lot of action.  

All the best

Offline fisherman5s

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 27, 2004, 08:22 PM »
go to custom jigs and spins. they sell noodles.

pryorok

« Reply #4 on: Jan 27, 2004, 08:44 PM »
thanks Fisherman5s,
Will check it out.  

Offline IcePirate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2004, 03:35 PM »
thanks Fisherman5s,
Will check it out.  

custom jigs & spin , it's called a noodel , hot dog shaped colored plastic , supposed to replace bait
C'mon fishy's , C'mon - South Shore Diehard since 66' - Vexilar , Clam corp., Ski-doo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.