Author Topic: Bass Pro  (Read 4740 times)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Bass Pro
« Reply #30 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:35 PM »
Lol, mines getting that way, few more purchases and I'll be pretty much self sufficient on being able to make all my own tackle and rods.

When croak, I pity the person that has to go through that stuff, just the salt water plugs alone,we'll over 1000, I've got boxes of NKs. And J plugs from my lake Ontario  Days...I've got 2 5 gallon  buckets of unpainted lead heads, from 1/4 to 6 ounces, the small ones are all illegal now, I've got boxes, and boxes of hooks,it's easier to.order more than to find them..it's sad... when I retire, I'm going to organize and get rid of half of it, and I'll still have more than most tackle shops...it's amazing  how much stuff you accumulate in a lifetime BS panning over 6 decades.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 23, 2020, 05:43 PM »
When croak, I pity the person that has to go through that stuff, just the salt water plugs alone,we'll over 1000, I've got boxes of NKs. And J plugs from my lake Ontario  Days...I've got 2 5 gallon  buckets of unpainted lead heads, from 1/4 to 6 ounces, the small ones are all illegal now, I've got boxes, and boxes of hooks,it's easier to.order more than to find them..it's sad... when I retire, I'm going to organize and get rid of half of it, and I'll still have more than most tackle shops...it's amazing  how much stuff you accumulate in a lifetime BS panning over 6 decades.

Yep, it adds up quick, I had a lot more that ended up getting stole, so I m rebuilding and have accumulated a lot in the last few months, started doing my own plastics and am looking at doing my own rods and crankbaits, have a ton of jigs and still keep buying lead when I find a deal on it.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:21 PM »

Joe I said the same thing when I retired but what is going to happen is you will have more time to fish, do manly things and collect more stuff it just is the nature of the beast.  ::)

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Jan 23, 2020, 06:33 PM »
Just shoot me a message fellas I’ll come clean up shop
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Altonbayicefishingfool

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 23, 2020, 07:27 PM »
Yup same thing happened to me there a few years ago and I stopped shopping there for over 2 years I was so pissed!  I finally asked what the deal was and they said they only got so much inventory in and typically when it’s gone that’s it.
Makes me wonder who buys all of their stuff. Is in “new” fisherman or people just upgrading equipment??
Life is good!

Offline Arctic Addict

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Flagggg!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 23, 2020, 08:36 PM »
I stay out of that store at all costs.  I like to throw jigs that the next guy doesn't have. 
"Hope" is not a good fishing strategy!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:08 AM »
Just shoot me a message fellas I’ll come clean up shop

Yeah, I'll help "limit your burden"!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:30 AM »
Joe I said the same thing when I retired but what is going to happen is you will have more time to fish, do manly things and collect more stuff it just is the nature of the beast.  ::)

I like that thought... no cleaning nothing. . Just will my belongings to AA. When I croak.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 24, 2020, 07:56 AM »
I like that thought... no cleaning nothing. . Just will my belongings to AA. When I croak.

I'm hurt, thought I was in line for all the smallmouth gear....   ;)
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 24, 2020, 08:05 AM »

Well don’t leave to soon pal! I am wrapping up my final big jobs of winter I. Next few weeks I gotta get out with ya at least once this season

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Jan 24, 2020, 08:12 AM »
Well don’t leave to soon pal! I am wrapping up my final big jobs of winter I. Next few weeks I gotta get out with ya at least once this season

I'm just ornery enough to.live to 100..

That would  be good, seems we are slowly putting a get together list. . But you and I can give em   something to think about one day...ill be taking some time off near the end of February or early  March..depending illness our ice situation. .

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 24, 2020, 08:13 AM »
I’m in

Offline SHaRPS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Honor Respect Loyalty
« Reply #42 on: Jan 24, 2020, 08:17 AM »
Joe -

If you want to get rid of those small lead jig heads, let me know and I can scoop them up form you on my way to NH. Still legal for me down here and I have plenty of uses for them.
Just add water.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Jan 24, 2020, 08:49 AM »
I'm just ornery enough to.live to 100..

That would  be good, seems we are slowly putting a get together list. . But you and I can give em   something to think about one day...ill be taking some time off near the end of February or early  March..depending illness our ice situation. .

Maybe work the CD and M&M trip in at the same time?  ::)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:01 AM »
Maybe work the CD and M&M trip in at the same time?  ::)

that is the plan

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:06 AM »
I know a guy that sure would appreciate an invite to that fishing/BSing session...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Jan 24, 2020, 09:20 AM »
I know a guy that sure would appreciate an invite to that fishing/BSing session...

done

Offline CleverDonkey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Jan 24, 2020, 11:20 AM »
I live close to BPS and close to Wildlife Sports.  One of them has polite and competent staff, the other is Wildlife.  Granted, not everybody at BPS is an expert in every (or any) outdoor discipline, but I do my product research and check inventory before I leave the house so it's not an issue.  I prefer to give my money to smaller bait/bow/gun shops but I won't pretend I don't appreciate the convenience of BPS when I need something in a pinch.

Offline trouthunternh53

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Jan 25, 2020, 12:33 PM »
Just came in to store in Hooksett and all the ice fishing is 30 Percent off !! Bought Clam Flutter Spoons and Strikemaster bibs and Jacket! Deal!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Jan 28, 2020, 03:48 PM »
went to the BPS in Hooksett. they had a ton of tungsten jigs and spoons. all 30% off. they had about 30 combos - 25% off. shelters, I think, were 25% off. no augers. most of the line they had was 2#.

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Jan 29, 2020, 11:38 AM »
Dover Marine, and suds is where I get everything

Pretty much same here, it's nice to have salesmen who actually use the product they are selling.  Although Dover Marine doesn't have a great selection of jigs.  I hit KTP occasionally also cause they have everything but it's usually no bargain.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #51 on: Jan 29, 2020, 05:17 PM »
Pretty much same here, it's nice to have salesmen who actually use the product they are selling.  Although Dover Marine doesn't have a great selection of jigs.  I hit KTP occasionally also cause they have everything but it's usually no bargain.

I’ve probably bumped into you in the stores or on the lake and just do t know it

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Jan 30, 2020, 12:10 PM »
I’ve probably bumped into you in the stores or on the lake and just do t know it

Maybe.  I usually fish Merrymeeting (because I live right there) but go to other places when I actually want to catch something.  Will probably set my Cusk on MM Sat & Sun afternoons but venturing elsewhere with a buddy Saturday morning.

Speaking of knowledgeable/helpful people.  Stopped into Suds & Soda last night for a couple new jigs.  Clerk was super helpful, showed me a hot spot where his buddy hit some bows.  Pulled it up on Google Earth & showed me exactly where & how to get there.  Come to find out he's a former warden who used to work with my brother in law (also former warden).  I knew the name right when he said it but didn't recognize him.  Just an example of why places like this are head & shoulders above the box stores.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 30, 2020, 12:17 PM »
Come to find out he's a former warden who used to work with my brother in law (also former warden).  I knew the name right when he said it but didn't recognize him.  Just an example of why places like this are head & shoulders above the box stores.
The owner of Sud's, brother is a former warden.  ;)

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Jan 30, 2020, 12:56 PM »
Pm sent jack

Offline Jack1972

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:17 AM »
The owner of Sud's, brother is a former warden.  ;)

Coffin are you saying you're the owner of Suds?

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #56 on: Jan 31, 2020, 07:47 AM »
I assume ( we all know what that does) is that he’s just saying Jason who owns upstairs Brother Jim was a warden which is how Kennison comes into the mix being who you met

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 31, 2020, 11:39 AM »
I assume ( we all know what that does) is that he’s just saying Jason who owns upstairs Brother Jim was a warden which is how Kennison comes into the mix being who you met
Frank's correct as per usual.
Assuming ( ;D ) Scott came into the mix via a pm?
Scott and Jim were/are good buddies.
Are you saying Scott's working at Sud's?
Last I knew, he had a great job at Sig Arms.   

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #58 on: Jan 31, 2020, 11:43 AM »
Yeah I just assumed he meant Scott but was PMing and his bro in law on another note

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #59 on: Jan 31, 2020, 11:46 AM »
I always useto see Babula in there too, I think they’re frozen bait still comes from him. Another one of the good wardens we’ve had

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.