Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 223033 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #150 on: Oct 24, 2022, 04:42 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....thoughts and prayers today  :)

WS......hope the storms aren't too bad  :-\

IW/H2L/Raquette......good luck if hitting the woods today  ;D

MrC.....not much color left in this area  :(

FH4/Z.....congrats on the wins  :thumbsup:

Another 200 miles on the trike yesterday, no rain  @) 

A beautiful sunset

A few errands on tap today.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #151 on: Oct 24, 2022, 05:03 AM »

Good morning Wally, ER's,
                         It's 46* with light rain here on my hill. ::)
                         Marv........I hope the weather change starts the deer movement.  :unsure: If today is a wash out, Im sure you have some puttering you can do. :whistle:
                         Wally.......You always have to make time to et errands done. :blink:
                         H2l..........I'll be waiting for your bowling report. :whistle: I'm glad you had a good dinner, did you go to the Raindancer? ???
                         Eddie.......I hope you all had a good time at the pumpkin patch. Chilly sounds like a great meal. :flex:
                         I-45.........I hope your headaches have passed. :unsure:
                         Fish.........Hopefully today with the horses you will be able to get to where the Elk are. :flex:
                         Steve.......There are 2 grocery stores in Warrensburg, I went to the other one and they had lettuce, but it didn't look that good. :%$#!:  Thanks
               for the explanation on the strike. :flex:
                          Yesterday the job went well. In the middle of it my neighbor told me about an app he has on his phone, a step counter. So I installed it on my phone
               and by my counter I ended up the day with 6,431 steps. I probably did half again as much if I had started it first thing in the morning.
                          Not sure what's on the planner for the day. I might hit the woods if it stops raining
                          I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #152 on: Oct 24, 2022, 05:14 AM »
Good Morning Wally, Morning Everyone,
  Cloudy and a mild 51* this am, high of 57 with scattered showers forecasted. Never did get the rains called for here yesterday.

Z/FH4…Congratulations to you fellas on your lucky tickets, awesome job!!  :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks, a good time was had by all, crowd wasn’t too bad and the prices while higher were still a small price to pay for the value of a good memory together…no complaints here!  :thumbsup:
  Marv…sorry the closer stand didn’t pan out for you yesterday afternoon. Good luck with today’s choice of spots if the weather cooperates…we got the fingers crossed and will be standing by!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…best of luck to all with todays elk adventures!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…we always get the grandchildren to each pick out a small pumpkin to decorate/carve out here with us . Makes for a fun time together and then roast some seeds.  ;D  Hope those headaches have passed for you!   :thumbsup:
  Wally…thank you, I’d much rather be fishing or hunting today that’s for sure!  ;D   Glad you had a safe and enjoyable ride yesterday with an ice cream stop along the way…beautiful sunset, thanks for sharing!!  :clap:  :thumbsup:
   H2…hope the lanes were to your liking last evening and treated the team well with the points! Good luck if you’re off to the woods today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope your day went well yesterday, best of luck to you also if heading out!   :thumbsup:

Had a really nice time with the family yesterday, lots of fun in the pumpkin patch and a lot of laughs in the corn maze!
  We all meet back here later for a big chili dinner and celebrated a Birthday for one of my sons girlfriend..very enjoyable day all the way around.  :thumbsup:
  Itching for a cup of coffee but was told nothing allowed after 5am, so that’s going to have to wait unfortunately. Have a 9am appointment to get an IV chest port put in this morning…not really looking forward to that or the path I need to follow for awhile, but I’m ready to do whatever it takes to get over the hurdle’s that have presented themselves.  :flex:
  Cawfee’s still on… ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Morning Jeff, see you posted as I was pecking away!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #153 on: Oct 24, 2022, 05:26 AM »
48* and light rain.

IW, we went to "Dick and Peg's" over near Pecks Lake. Great people!

The bowling went pretty good this week. Bowled my avg., everyone did well. Took 3 of 4 points. Total by only 3 pins.

WW, glad you enjoyed the bike ride, can't be many left in the books.

Eddie, nothing like a bowl of chili after a day out in the Corn Maze.

No hunting today. A friend who hunts the State land near me, didn't see a deer all weekend. Way too warm.

Hope everyone has a good day and be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #154 on: Oct 24, 2022, 05:26 AM »
Morning all, mid 60s here heading for mid 70s this afternoon. It was nice enough I rode the bike to work for the first time in weeks. It was in the low 80s both days over the weekend.

Wasn't expecting that win... you guys posted a bunch of beautiful colors, and my trees were crap that dropped all the leaves green  :roflmao: The bit that are left up have turned now, but it's not a good color year at my place.

Finally shot that 375 yesterday... holy moley that thing barks! Got a pretty good shoulder bruise today  :wacko: Had a couple pretty promising test groups, though, so I did a bit of tuning and will be back out to try again once my shoulder recovers. It's definitely not something I'll be pleasure shooting very often.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #155 on: Oct 24, 2022, 12:38 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

63 degrees with a stiff south wind, still gusting to 27mph. Some mist in the air, supposedly more rain late this afternoon.

Things are still quiet on the deer front. I did see a nice 9pt visited the stand I sat in last night, unfortunately it was 3:30am this morning. I did see the same deer on the heels of a doe so it appears the dating game is alive and well.

Hope everyone is having a good day :thumbsup:

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #156 on: Oct 24, 2022, 07:49 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

A long wet afternoon on stand. The deer were moving unfortunately the one I am looking for didn't show. I ended up seeing 13 of which ten were bald and the other three were small in the horn dept.

I need to head to the laundromat and dry my stuff out. Tonight the temp drops into the mid 30's. Maybe tomorrow  ???

WS

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #157 on: Oct 24, 2022, 08:01 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

A long wet afternoon on stand. The deer were moving unfortunately the one I am looking for didn't show. I ended up seeing 13 of which ten were bald and the other three were small in the horn dept.

I need to head to the laundromat and dry my stuff out. Tonight the temp drops into the mid 30's. Maybe tomorrow  ???

WS

Picky picky...  :P That's about as many deer as I've seen in the past 10 seasons combined  :roflmao:

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #158 on: Oct 24, 2022, 09:00 PM »
Well elk down, was an interesting horse ride, I only hit the ground once as I put to much weight on one side and slid the saddle to the side and then a bit later on a hil the daughter was leaning over to the hill side and did the same thing but we were on a pretty interesting hill, then the elk were in the bottom, we rode past some so the chase was on, got to 595 and the daughter knocked him down.

Then the fun really started and the bull slid down the hill into the trees and steep edge and we had to kick him down a bit and it was still steep where we quartered him up and then had to drag him down to the horses. Then the 3 mile walk out since the horses carried the quarters and I carried the rack out.

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #159 on: Oct 24, 2022, 09:03 PM »
Oh and these were in between us and the elk and even stuck around for a photo op.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #160 on: Oct 24, 2022, 10:09 PM »
Rainy day here currently in the mid. fifties outside.
Wallyworld ,I figured your area and other parts of upstate NY. are a week or more ahead of my region with regards to the Fall leaf color change and amount of leaves still on tress. I would say the trees by my complex are nearing peak color still a lot of green outside. glad you had not rain during the trike ride.
Ice Wanderer given the difficult growing conditions in many parts of the U.S. this year there maybe a shortage of lettuce or the one supermarket simply had not received their produce delivery at the time you were shopping. Good to read the job went well on Sunday. The overnight foreman where I work has a simliar or same app on his phone it is interesting to see how far you walk on average each day.
Eddie nice to read everyone had fun at the pumpkin patch and the chili dinner was a hit with your family. May all have gone well putting in the IV port and you not be having to much pain. Best wished to you with the remaining medical procedure/procedures.
Hunts2long good to hear you and your bowling team had a better night at the alley. may the temperatures return to their normal range for your section of NY. and the deer start moving during hunting hours.
Zcm-82 may as well take advantage of the warmer temperatures and use your bike to save on gas money. Is it possible to add a recoil pad to the rifle's stock to lessen some of it's "Bark" and make shooting a more comfortable experience.
Whopper Stopper may the weather get better good to read you are seeing deer movement and rut is happening where you hunt. May one of the deer you have interest in show up during legal shooting hours. I hope it is not to bad of a trip to town and laundromat.
Fish/hunt4ever congratulations to your daughter on getting an elk. Hard to tell from photos was the did the bull have 11 or 12 antler points.  :clap: :thumbsup: Good neither of you got hurt while sliding out of the saddle. Good memory made and story to recall in future years. All of you must be in good shape to do the walking hiking required to hunt on the mountain. Thak you for sharing the photos. Anyone have a tag for moose.

Everyone keep safe and keep healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
 Steve

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #161 on: Oct 25, 2022, 03:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 58* here and rainy. Not much on the planner today. Just a few errands to do.

Fish, Congratulations to your daughter getting that Elk.

Whopper Stopper, Hopefully it isn’t to far to the laundromat from the cabin. Hopefully you see Big Ben today.

Zcm, Good that you can ride the bike to work. Saves on gas. Hope your shoulder is feeling better.

Mason Eddie, Prayers that the IV port procedure went well.

WallyWorld, sounds like you had a good ride.

Hunts2long, Glad the bowling went well.

Ice Wanderer, My wife has an app on her watch that tells her how many steps she’s done. When to get up. Hopefully you got to go out in the woods yesterday.

I hope everyone has a great day. Tight lines to those on the water and be safe to all those in the woods or working.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #162 on: Oct 25, 2022, 04:27 AM »

Good morning I-45, ER's,
                            It's 57* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                            Fish..........Congratu lations to your daughter for knocking down a nice Elk. :thumbsup: :clap: :flex:
                            I-45..........Hopefully it wasn't headaches that got you up. :unsure:
                            H2l...........Good job on the lanes Sunday night. :flex:
                            Eddie........I hope your procedure went smoothly. :flex: It sounds like a fun day Sunday at the pumpkin patch. :thumbsup:
                            Marv.........Hopefully with the change in weather the deer move in your direction, especially Big Ben. :unsure:
                            Zcm..........Looks like the shot pattern is dialed in. :flex: Nice looking gun. :thumbsup:
                            Wally.........The temps this week are supposed to be warm, maybe you can squeak in another bike ride. :whistle:
                            It's too warm to be hunting, I haven't seen any deer on my trail camera, maybe it's in the wrong spot.
                            My #2 son called me last night wanting to know if I could fix a friends water heater, I will check it out today.
                            I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #163 on: Oct 25, 2022, 04:34 AM »
Morning all,

Looks like fishing is on tap today  :thumbsup:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #164 on: Oct 25, 2022, 04:39 AM »
Fish Congratulations to all .👍👍

Good luck Pat..
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #165 on: Oct 25, 2022, 05:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  57* and cloudy here this morning, high of 65 with possible showers.

FH$..CONGRATULATIONS to your daughter on harvesting a slammer elk, well done Dad and Daughter!!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:  Best of luck filling more tags and thanks for the awesome pictures!!
  Wally…hope Team WW finds those walleyes again right where you left them…best of luck today!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff…good luck with today’s project!  :thumbsup:  Weather seems to be an issue with one of my sons spots as well, he hasn’t been seeing much either on his afternoon trips. Best of luck continued for you!   :thumbsup:
  I-45…thanks and hope you get a chance to take Mr.Dickens out for a nice walk today.   :thumbsup:
  Steve…thanks, everything went well.   :thumbsup:  Trees around here are at or beyond their peak. Pretty colors but for whatever the reason, they seem to have lacked that vibrant brilliance this year on most.
  Z…nice grouping with open sights on that cannon!  ;D  :clap: 
  Marv…way to stick it out with that lousy weather, glad you’re starting to see some action, it’s only a matter of time now before the opportunity presents itself!!  :flex: :clap:  Hope the clothes are dry and the chills are gone for today’s adventure…best of luck is with you today meeting up with Ben or one of the other’s that suit your fancy!  :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats to you and the team coming back strong!  :clap:  Good luck with todays hunting if you’re heading out!  :thumbsup:

Want to Sincerely Thank You all for the well wishes on yesterday’s procedure. It was quick and I was fortunate to have some really comforting staff throughout the process start to finish.   :thumbsup: 
  Orders are to take er easy for a few days and let the healing begin…so that’s on the planner. Thinking comfort food for dinner…sending a pot roast with carrots, taters and onions into the crockpot for the day on low.  ;D
  Cawfee’s on…

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #166 on: Oct 25, 2022, 05:33 AM »
56* and some rain.

Eddie, good to hear that the port work went well.

F/H4, Congrats to your daughter and thanks for sharing the pictures and story.

WW, good luck on the water. I was checking back a few years ago on the MHF and see that in 2017 I was hunting in the morning and fishing in the PM on Nov. 3rd.

I just cannot get into the hunting mode when it is this warm.

Have a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #167 on: Oct 25, 2022, 06:43 AM »
Morning all, 57° and raining here with a forecast high of 65.

Not much on the agenda today, it's supposed to rain off and on the next couple days, so shooting will have to wait until it clears off.

h2l - I think that's why I never really got into bowhunting, the weather was just too warm and didn't feel right. Then after gun season, they're scattered beyond the point of my patience finding it worthwhile to go back out with the bow. I gave it up a few years ago, just do firearm and muzzleloader now.

masoneddie - thanks, it's not bad, but I'm hoping to find a load a bit better. If not, that will work... I'm just a load/accuracy fiddler by nature.

IW - thanks, it's a pretty thing, and it handles very well. Imo it is hard to beat a 16-22" barreled lever for slick handling in the field. They start getting a bit nose heavy after 22. I have one Savage 99 with a 27.5" barrel and it's pretty unwieldy being that long. It's great for bench plinking, though.

45 - unfortunately it looks like yesterday was the last hurrah. It's supposed to cool way down after this rain, so I ran the carb dry and put the cover over it last night. It will probably not move again until spring. The shoulder is mostly better, should be fine by tomorrow. Thinking I'll shoot again Thursday.

mr.clean - I ordered a Limbsaver pad to stick on it shortly after I got home from shooting it. It's supposed to be here Friday. That hard plate has got to go :blink: I've used the Limbsavers on a couple shotguns with very good results. My slug gun was downright nasty to shoot before... it still isn't fun now, but it's not intolerable, either.

fish/hunt4ever - very nice!  :thumbsup: My Dad always wanted to hunt elk, but he got old and hobbled up before he ever got around to doing it.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #168 on: Oct 25, 2022, 01:24 PM »
Good afternoon everyone  :bow:

44 degrees with an 11mph W wind.

The woods was pretty silent this morning with the exception of water dripping off the trees. The deer were moving pretty well with six working there way by.

First two does came by at first light,  then three smaller ones broke some brush trying to elude pesky Y buck about 10am.. He sure sounded bigger as I could hear him grunting long before I got a look at him. Eventually he chased the three into the next section.

I came back to the shack for a cup of coffee and check camera cards. This afternoon I am going to sit in an old favorite stand, maybe it will be the ticket.

Z...Ive been told a few times I am picky lol I also have had tag soup a few times.

Fish... Congratulations to your daughter on a beautiful elk :thumbsup:

Time to head back out.

Hope you all are having a good Tuesday.

Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #169 on: Oct 25, 2022, 04:38 PM »
FH4. Awesome on the Elk

Leaves are hitting the ground fast here, a pretty stiff south wind this afternoon. Only took 2 days to completely strip one tree

Yup figured the insurance would total it just from the pictures, now to see what they come up with for its “fair value”.

Might know was cleaning out the pickup, moved it closer to where I can use the vacuum and hear a ticking noise I have no idea what it might be ???  Might have to run it into a dealership and see what they think it may be, before I take any pond trips with it. 

Marc well dang way to tough it out, maybe Big Ben is waiting till your brother gets there ?

Think I heard there may be some Tornado weather to my south

Bud

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #170 on: Oct 25, 2022, 06:00 PM »

Z...Ive been told a few times I am picky lol I also have had tag soup a few times.

Anything I see in range that doesn't have spots gets the hammer, because odds are it's the only thing I'll have a shot at all season. I'd say about 1 out of 3 years I never see any deer at all. I shoot one maybe once every 5 years or so.

Tags are zoned by county here. The County I live in is 1100sq miles and last year's reported harvest was only 407 deer. Land access is the big issue... 95% of the deer are on about 2% of the land area, and you'd generally have better luck knocking on someone's door and asking to bang their wife vs asking to hunt on their land  around here ::)

I used to have a few better spots to hunt, but they got sold to city folk who built McMansions on them. I generally only wind up plugging a coyote or two from the deer stand on the land I'm hunting now, but I'm just thankful to still have a place to go.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #171 on: Oct 25, 2022, 06:02 PM »
Another day, another limit of eyes

Beautiful sunrise

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #172 on: Oct 25, 2022, 09:06 PM »
Congratulations Team WW :clap: :clap:

Another good afternoon/evening  in the stand with some aggravation and frustration thrown in to end the sit.

I had 1-spike, 1-4pt, 2-6pt and a doe walk by. The one 6pt took somebody's arrow to the shoulder plus there was about 3" of shaft ticking out. I was surprised he didn't even limp.

About 45 minutes before dark I spotted a doe walking parallel to the trail the others had used. It wasn't long and I spotted a buck following her also parallel to the trail. The trail is 25 yards from my stand. The course they were on put them about 40-45 yards at the closest point.

She was eating acorns as she went and seemed to take forever before she would take a step or two. The buck just stayed behind her about 50 yards. When I first spotted him I knew he had horns but as he got closer my first thought was holy crap (or something similar). This was the one I've been waiting for.

It wasn't Ben, this brute was bigger. I really never got a point count but he had to of had 12 at least with one or two drop points. The path they took had a dense screen of brush protecting them. When they were at their closest there were still to much for a clean shot.

The wind had been in my face up until a half hour before these two came along. Just as the buck was in front of me she caught my scent and all hell broke loose. I had the string back 2-3 times but there just wasn't a good shot. After she had her conniption fit all I could do was watch them head to the big swamp.

I'm glad I didn't try to swim one through the brush, but I just wish they hadn't caught my scent as they don't forget things like that.

Hopefully in the next few days another doe will drag him by, at least that's what I'm telling myself.

Time to try and sleep ???

Hope you all had a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #173 on: Oct 25, 2022, 09:08 PM »
No moose tag yet, I have the max points just habe not put in for the tag. Seen another moose today with the 2 other bulls but could not get a picture as the horses wanted back to camp. Nothing today but some snow and a couple bulls at 1300 yards. Will see tomorrow.
The elk has 6 on the one side and 7 on the other with the sticker coming off the first brow tine. The biggest I have is a 6x6 but it is always luck to get one.

Hope the big one comes back whopper stopper. Always hate seeing that

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #174 on: Oct 26, 2022, 03:26 AM »
61* and very dark. I woke up, looked at the alarm clock and thought it said 6:15 so I got up, fed the dog and made a cup of coffee. Never looked at the clock on the stove until I let Scout in, it was almost 4am. The alarm clock must have been 3:30, well I am up now. Yesterday I went and got my 4th booster and my flu shot.

WW, Nice going, but remember you need room in the freezer for a deer, or there will be no "surf-n-turf" this Winter.

WS, well knowing he is out there sure does make it easlier to go out some days. Good Luck! Plus, he may have been putting all his attention on the doe and may not even known you were there.

ZCM, we all have had that soup a few times. I seem to go in streaks, 2 to 4 years in a row then 2 or 3 with nothing. Right now I am 3 years without a deer.  It IS going to change. I have only shot one doe in 65 years of hunting and now that MZ has ended, that won't happen this year.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #175 on: Oct 26, 2022, 04:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Very mild 61* with fog here on the Hill, high of 68 today.  No snow in the forecast, but it looks like we picked up about another inch of leaves yesterday…Doh!

Marv…ouch, sooo close!! You definitely made the right choice choosing that stand, one heck of an afternoon adventure!  :clap:  Keeping the fingers crossed this morning’s choice of spots finds you in the right place at the right time..best of luck and hope the stars all line up for you today Sir!  :bow: :flex: :thumbsup:
  Wally… :bow:  :clap:  CONGRATULATIONS to Team WW on another great trip, fantastic job!!  :clap:  :bow: 
  FH4…best of luck closing in on those bulls today! Will be looking forward to your next report! :thumbsup:
  Z…understand your frustration with the loss of good hunting property’s, had that same problem over the years here as well. Hopefully this season you get one of those opportunity’s to squeeze off a shot on a nice buck…best of luck will be with ya for sure!   :thumbsup:
  Bud…best wishes with your truck, hopefully it’s something simple!  :thumbsup:  Have you done some scouting on the property for a spot to deer hunt?
  H2…hopefully this season will payoff with a big buck for you…now if we could just get the cooler weather to cooperate!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…hope yesterday’s project is in the books and maybe a hunting trip is on your planner today, best of luck if that’s case!   :thumbsup:
  Dave…hope all is well up in the Great North Sir!   :thumbsup:
  OS/Jeff…great job on the joke thread fellas, have been enjoying that!   :clap: :thumbsup:

Not much on the planner yet today, may go take another trip today to see if the economy is booming in places I’ve missed?  ;D   Cawfee’s on…

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #176 on: Oct 26, 2022, 04:36 AM »

Good morning Doug, ER's,
                             It's 63* and partly cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                             H2l.........I'm like you with the hunting in streaks. Some years are better than others. :blink:
                             Marv.......Dang that had to be a heartbreaker having a big one so close and the wind changes. :%$#!: He'll come back at some point
                  deer are creatures of habit. :whistle:
                             Wally......Team WW is on fire this fall, good job. :thumbsup: :flex: :bow:
                             Eddie......Do what the Dr. orders and take it easy. :flex: Eddie, it's just too damn warm to hunt. :%$#!:
                             Zcm.......I have a friend that goes to Ohio, I think in the north and does very well hunting with a bow. :whistle:
                             Fish.......Is it hard to get a moose tag out there? ???
                             Bud.......Most insurance companies total older cars out, and then devalue your car to the max. :%$#!: 
                             Yesterday went to look at the water heater job but the woman wasn't home, so it will be this morning around 9 am, today she works
                  from home.
                              I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #177 on: Oct 26, 2022, 04:51 AM »

WS hang in there a monster for sure. The big one in the yard here one time stood in place for a long long time before it felt safe enough to lay down then stayed all day. I hope 1 of the 2 big bucks make a showing again. Go team WW more fish more fish. The sunset pic from the other day is beautiful. FH4 congrats to your daughter on the Elk. I would like to see one in the wild some day.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #178 on: Oct 26, 2022, 05:51 AM »
Morning all, 44° and raining with a forecast high of 54.

It absolutely poured last night, picked up more rain in one night than we've had in the last couple months combined. The roof decided to spring a leak  :%$#!: Gonna have to climb up there and check it out after work, but I think it's the seal around the bathroom exhaust fan vent, the water was dripping right by the fan.

IW - I don't really have the time or budget to go out of state. I did hunt Indiana one year since I live right on the state line. They jacked up the OOS fees on hunting and fishing outrageously recently, so it's not worth it to me now.

h2l - I've actually shot almost all does, only a couple bucks. I can't chew the antlers anyway  :roflmao: I always get the E/S tags, so whatever comes in range first gets plugged, and it's usually does. I don't really see enough deer to be picky. If I pass on a shot, I'm unlikely to get another.

WS - good luck  ;D Opener is Nov 18th down here, anxiously waiting and hoping for decent weather.

ww - that's a good day right there  :thumbsup:

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #179 on: Oct 26, 2022, 07:24 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....glad the procedure went ok and you had a good team supporting you  :thumbsup:

WS.....well that certainly wasn't the report I was hoping to read  :pinch:  fingers crossed today's a better day  ;)

IW.....good luck with the repair job  :flex:

H2L....exactly why I have a "large number" clock on the nightstand  :woot:

IFF......hopefully you didn't end up dealing with any tornadoes  :o

Z.....sorry to hear your roof is leaking  :(  hope it's an easy fix

Breezy, warm and cloudy with some sprinkles today not bad for the end of October  @)  Nothing much planned today, just hanging around the house  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.