Author Topic: The New 9:45 Thread..  (Read 212412 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
The New 9:45 Thread..
« on: Oct 11, 2022, 01:02 PM »

Raquettedacker
IceShanty Mod Team
Team IceshantyInsanity

9:45 on a Tuesday..
« on: May 20, 2014, 09:47 PM »

Who's on??        ;D ;D     :P :P
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #1 on: Oct 11, 2022, 01:06 PM »
Buds last post on the old thread ..
You can still read the old one but just cant post...   :-\
https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=291520.0 

IFF
  Today at 11:19 AM »

Good morning ER’s

Eddie back in the spring I asked the smart phone what the yearly average was in the way of rain fall for the county, answer was 56” of rain, 10”of snow. I would imagine when it would turn Ice on road everything could get canceled, not sure they even have snow plows Or sanding equipment for the highway going down the Mountain into the valley.

See the wind is blowing seeds like what cotton wood seeds look like, but has to be coming from weeds, white as in Dandelion.

Been a sleep in kind of morning, I was watching several Episodes of Longmire fourth and fifth seasons until 4:30 AM

Think I will make a trip to my nearest Sam’s club and do some stocking up on canned goods.

Good day to all

Offline Steidyj

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: The New 9:45 Thread..
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11, 2022, 02:48 PM »
Phils phighten the Braves on this lovely Tuesday, hard to believe the old one hit the dinger and here we are.  IFF with the way schools operate since i was in  school even the chance of snow/ice gets  delay or snow day, which was 8 years since i graduated. My senior year we had a total of 23 delays, dismissals, or snow days, and I don't live in the most snow producing area  ;) Enjoy the shopping at Sam's its always an adventure going there.
Jake

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11, 2022, 03:01 PM »
Phils phighten the Braves on this lovely Tuesday, hard to believe the old one hit the dinger and here we are.  IFF with the way schools operate since i was in  school even the chance of snow/ice gets  delay or snow day, which was 8 years since i graduated. My senior year we had a total of 23 delays, dismissals, or snow days, and I don't live in the most snow producing area  ;) Enjoy the shopping at Sam's its always an adventure going there.
Jake

Not sure what that means but welcome to your first 9:45 post..

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Oct 11, 2022, 05:02 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

Sombody paint in here? It seems different ???

The weather kept me inside today. 30+mph south winds pretty well screwed me up. I thing the temps today were around 78 :cookoo:

Tonight things change with falling temps and a chance for severe weather after midnight. High winds, hail and rain into tomorrow.

I spent the day installing a screan door. I found a cheap wood one at Menards but should have just built my own.

When my brother was here he left his jug of of Kessler American Blended Whiskey. Can't say as I have ever drank any, but it seems to do in a pinch. I am jut hoping the old indian doesn't show up with his vinegar jug of blue berry wine.

I will let you know what happens tomorrow. I  may be making this a shorter stay then planned if mother nature keeps screwing with me.

Hope you all have a good evening  :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 11, 2022, 05:32 PM »

Raquettedacker
IceShanty Mod Team
Team IceshantyInsanity
To answer your question, I'm on!!! Lets roll up a bunch on this one!! :thumbsup: :flex: :clap: ;)2 :whistle: :roflmao: :bow: :woot:

« on: May 20, 2014, 09:47 PM »

Who's on??        ;D ;D     :P :P
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 11, 2022, 05:59 PM »
Another great day on the water, took my brother along, he had a blast!! Water dropped 4* since last week 60*

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11, 2022, 06:38 PM »
Wow nice job WW crew... :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11, 2022, 10:13 PM »
 Good evening, I'm guessing what i will refer to as the original 9:45 thread was taking up to many pages so you had to start a new thread. I was wondering if we would reach 1,000 pages by years end maybe so but now will be split between two threads.
Steidyj (Jake) welcome to the new (;45 thread please feel free to post in this thread on a regular basis.
Ice Wanderer I also don't think home/property owners should have to pay for the mistake of not having proper permits. possibly the property management compay-board of directors stopped payment on the stairs after finding out they had violated town building codes and we now have to pay the contractors for their work. Thank you for the information on pipelines hopefully their never is a major leak which has a major impact on water supply for a large part of our country.
Hunts2long may all have gone well today with the eye surgery.
Eddie you are welcome for the brief history on my condo complex . I'm sure you dug holes for and poured many footings for deck supports during your career as a mason and know they have to be some many inches/feet deep to prevent being affected by the ground freezing in Winter and that the holes must be inspected before concrete is poured and the again before posts are attached to footings. good to hear you had a nice day with the grandchildren even though it was not what you had originally planed for the day.
IFF thank you for providing information on rain/snow fall totals per year for your area of Tennessee.
Whopper Stopper sorry to hear the weather has not been the best for hunting the past few day may the fore cast get better after Wednesday. Good to read the new screen door is installed at the shack may whatever treatment you gave the door before installing it help it last for several years.
Wallyworld congratulations to all of you on another good day walleye fishing at Oneida lake.  I sure your brother was happy he made the trip.  thank you for sharing the photos.

Has anyone heard from Drifter lately hope all is good with him thought we would have gotten a report on his Alaska trip by now.

Stay safe and healthy. Best to all fishing and hunting.
  Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #9 on: Oct 12, 2022, 04:23 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D    47* under partly cloudy skies this am, high of 66 forecasted.
  See some big changes took place here but Guess this must be the place, my key still works!  :thumbsup:
  https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiOptvMo9r6AhWsVTABHW1JBNMQtwJ6BAg4EAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DrVoPzA0g3Ac&usg=AOvVaw0p_-6VMwbaWEDTo4Wpbk3_

Dom…guessing we were drawing too many amps off the site, noticed the lights dimming recently!  ;D  No complaints, after 975 pages and no bickering, feel it safe to say the lock was put on for a good reason…here’s to the 2nd Chapter!  :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Wally…WAY TO GO TEAM WW!!!  :flex: :clap: :thumbsup:
  SteidyJ…welcome aboard the 9:45!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…yup…fresh paint, just don’t touch the caulk!  ;D  Sorry the weather is tossing you a curve ball, dang! Can’t say I ever had the Kessler either, but I’m sure it would work! Safe travels home today if that’s on the planner, we’ll be standing by for your report!  :thumbsup:
  OS…I’m with you!!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve…understand completely about the footing’s.  :tipup:  I’m guessing we might have hit 1000 pages sometime in November…we’ll see when we hit 25 here in the new room and break out a bottle of bubbly!  ;D
  Bud…thanks for the info, guess we’ll see how the maiden voyage goes in the coming months!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…what’s on the planner today?

Got the Cawfee ready and a bottle of Baileys on stand by if needed for the shock this morning…. help yourself!   ;D
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10 on: Oct 12, 2022, 04:40 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 48* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                        Dom........I suppose the thread would have a meltdown if it went any farther, like "Y2K" was suppose to do Lol :roflmao:
                It doesn't matter, its the same friends and the same everything. :woot:
                        Wally.......Congratula tions on the banner day, it was a beautiful day to be out. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow: :bow:
                        H2l..........I hope your surgery went well. :thumbsup:
                        Eddie.......Sorry that the museum was closed, you'd think on a holiday they would be open? ???
                        Marv........Sorry the wind was too much to be in the stand. :cookoo:
                        Bud.........When I first got on this new page, Raquette had posted your last post and when I read it it, I thought it was from him.
                I said to myself....Self this can't be right where Dom lives there is more snow than that. it pays to look at every word. :whistle:
                        Yesterday was such a beautiful day, so my wife and I went for a ride to see the colorful trees, and stopped in Schroon Lake for lunch
                at Flannigan's Bar and Grill. Lunch was fantastic.
                        Today looks like leaf clean up day.
                        I hope everyone has a good Wednesday, Hump Day either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Oct 12, 2022, 04:53 AM »
Morning all.
 Yeah we were slowing down the server.. :roflmao: :roflmao: :woot: :woot: :whistle: :whistle:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #12 on: Oct 12, 2022, 05:13 AM »
Just so we don’t forget our site record.. ;D

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Oct 12, 2022, 06:15 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

Rained hard around 4am. It's still coming down enough that I skipped hunting this morning.  I will head to the stand for the afternoon/evening hunt. Probably head home Friday, next week looks busy with Dr, Dentist, and finishing the last persons tree job.

Hope everyone has a good "hump day". Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Oct 12, 2022, 06:42 AM »
Come on man! You know how we "ole" folks hate changes!!! The worst part is with my left eye done I have to get so far back to see the screen, my arms don't reach the keyboard.

42* and clear.

Have follow-up today and should find out about reading glasses, I hope. All went wel yesterday

WW, nice day on the water. Nice they were hitting with your brother on the boat.

Just tried a pair of the wife's reading glasses and I can now see what I am typing. Now it has me thinking about seeing my cross hairs while hunting. I will ask today.

WS, I stopped hunting in the rain a few years ago, don't mind if a light rain starts while I am out there.

Hope everyone has a good day and be well....h2l

Northville, NY

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #15 on: Oct 12, 2022, 07:01 AM »
Hope it goes well Doug…

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Oct 12, 2022, 07:20 AM »

9:45 for life!  :roflmao:

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #17 on: Oct 12, 2022, 07:30 AM »

Lotsa' grumpy folks too.  >:( ;D
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Oct 12, 2022, 07:34 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....sounds like a great day with the grandkids  :thumbsup:

WS.....fingers crossed the change in weather has Ben up and moving later  ;)2

IW.....yesterday was definitely a perfect day to do some leaf peeping  @)

H2L.....glad all went well yesterday   :clap:

MrC.....doesn't seem right the tenants have to pay for the mistake  ::)

Another beautiful day on tap, altho a bit breezy for fishing  :-\  guess it will be a bike day instead  :whistle:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Oct 12, 2022, 08:10 AM »
Dom How about sticking the old thread at the top so it does not get lost over time.? For some reason

H2L All I ever guy for reading glasses are cheap ones as they cost way less than what they will sell you at the doctor's. They come in different magnifications. You can buy them at the dollar store. They want to fit me for glasses every time I go to my eye doctor so I tell them not do that test as my insurance will not pay for it.

marv Wood screen door are not made like thy ey used to be. I was building a screened in porch. The guy said I should use a full-view
aluminum door when I complained about the quality of the wood door. I said that would look great on a wooden screened-in porch. NOT.

I mailed a scope to my grandson for the 336 Marlin that an old guy gave him. Hopefully, he gets a shot at that buck I sent you a picture of, either with his bow or the 336.

It has been a rough go for the wife since she had her hip replaced. Her pain has been terrible. I will be calling her doctor today and let him have it. We were in to see a different PA last week about the possible fracture they thought they saw at an ER. They are putting her off until her regular appointment on the 24th. >:(

Time for breakfast

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Oct 12, 2022, 08:47 AM »
Well made it home and got the one elk hung up and everything unpacked for this go, did not post much as we did not have anymore success. Just a few cows at 20 yards one day as my dad and boss were in the bugling herd above us and we could not hear any of that where we were. So the next day the wife and I went in and got in them but just as we got close they shut up and never made another sound. Weird when the day before they were still going when my dad and boss left them at 1. This was 10 am. But it was about a 3 mile hike for us and the wife was really mad when we went in the next morning and nothing, we even were there about an hour before the day before. But we did see a moose and a porcupine while we drive the wheelers around looking at other access points. We'll better get to working now as I still need to get caught up.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #21 on: Oct 12, 2022, 08:58 AM »
Tom, my hip hurt like hell for awhile after replacement and my PA kept telling me to give it time and do my exercises and go to therapy! As I sit here I'm wondering, "What hip replacement??"  ;)2 :flex: :whistle: I just hope there is nothing wrong that time won't/can't cure!! Best of luck to her in her recovery!! Keep us posted!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22 on: Oct 12, 2022, 10:35 AM »
T T

My sister was about the same as OS. She kept up with the physical therapy and after some rough times it all came together.

By the way, she had a knee and hip replaced within the last 3 years. She loves to deer hunt so after a couple year lay off she is back at it. Her husband drops her off at the edge of a field and she uses her walker to get to her blind.

Wishing your wife all the best.

WS

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #23 on: Oct 12, 2022, 02:46 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.

Just got in my stand and the skies opened up. Looks like it's going to be a long wet sit.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

WS

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #24 on: Oct 12, 2022, 04:21 PM »
Good luck Marv.  The radar looks terrible out your way. That will be us tomorrow afternoon..
Glad I finished winterizing the boat this afternoon when I got home..,
  Dom

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Oct 12, 2022, 07:54 PM »
Dom Thanks for the sticky.

I had cleaned up the dog yard before it rained the other day. I laid down for a nap late this afternoon before fixing supper. When I  got up the yard looked like I never cleaned it up. I never heard the wind. That was from the first cold front going through. At least it was calmed down by the big lake so we did not get the damage Wisconsin did. Radar shows the second front about to come onto the big lake out of Wisconsin. I do not see the third cold front that was guessed. That is great if it died.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #26 on: Oct 12, 2022, 08:34 PM »
Good evening everyone  :bow:

A long afternoon in the stand. 4x the rain stopped  just to open up again and get poured on. For a while it was sleet which at least was dry.

I ended up seeing 4 deer, 3 bald ones and a Y buck. Tomorrow morning is supposed to be fairly cool.

Hope you all have a good night!
Stay safe and keep healthy

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #27 on: Oct 12, 2022, 10:13 PM »
 Good evening nice day here tomorrow afternoon the rain out by Whopper Stopper and Tom turkey arrives and lasts into Friday.
Eddie good idea about about having a toast and adult beverage once this New Thread reaches 25 pages for a combined 1,000 pages between the Old and New 9:45 threads.
Ice Wanderer I recently watched some video taken on part of Paul Smith's college property appears the Fall Colors are at or near peak for most of the Adirondack region. Must have been a very scenic ride for the two of you yesterday. Glad you found a place for lunch and the quality of food meet your approval.
Raquttedacker thank you for the explanation on why new thread had to be created. I see you had to do the same with  the South East New York thread.
Whopper Stopper may you have extra hunting clothes or a way to dry your clothing at the shack. May tomorrow's weather be dry and you see more deer  including Big Ben. Good to read that after her surgery and rehab your sister is deer hunting once again,assume she has her husband and others to call if she harvest a deer to help drag it out for her.
Wallyworld  if your took the bike out may it have been a good ride 
Tomturkery sorry to hear your wife is having a lot of pain after her hip surgery with time and therapy may she have same outcome as OldSailor and Whopper Stopper's sister.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the photos and elk hunting trip report. to bad no one else in your group got the chance to harvest an elk.  Once again congratulations to your oldest daughter on getting the cow.
OldSailor nice to read your hip replacement has given you a better quality of life after initial post surgery pain and discomfort.
 Hunts2long happy to read your surgery went well and your close vision is now similar to your wife's. Best to you with the post surgery recovery. During tomorrow's follow up appointment asked your doctor if deer hunting this firearms season could cause any problems to your newly corrected vision. I'm thinking recoil from your rifle hopefully not an issue.
Zcm-82 that's the spirit.  :thumbsup:
Iceassin events of the past couple year have helped increase posts to the What makes you Grumpy thread. that thread is several hundred pages in length raquettedacker or anothe moderator may have to start a version 2 soon.

Everyone have a good night.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28 on: Oct 13, 2022, 04:39 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                            It'50* and clear here on my hill, rain is coming in later  today. ::)
                            Dom..........Thank you for the explanation. :whistle: Glad you were able to get your boat winterized. :flex:
                            Zcm/Iceassin ......The Grumpy Old men thread has been on Ice Shanty a lot longer than the original 9:45 thread. :blink:
                            H2l.............I hope your Dr. has some answers for you. :whistle: When I had my surgeries, I got the cheaper store reading
                 glasses. They work just fine. And I didn't have any problems hunting. :flex:
                            Marv...........Well at leat the weather got some deer moving, Big Ben could show up at any time. :blink:
                            Wally...........How was the bike ride, did you find any ice cream stands open? ???
                            Eddie..........I like your idea, I''l supply the booze.LOL :roflmao: :clap:
                            Steve..........Yeah, up here we are considered a peak color, but there are stll a lot of trees that have green leaves. :o
                            Fish............Thank you for the pictures. :clap: Wiil there be more hunting? ???
                            Tom............Things are made as well as they use to be, may be if you have the tools, you could make you own screen door. :unsure:
                            OS..............I'm glad your hip is as good as new, will venture out on the ice if you have some? ???
                            Yesterday.....I did some leaf clean up but an hour afterwards you'd never know it, but at least the next time there won't be as many
                 leaves.
                            I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Oct 13, 2022, 05:35 AM »
Morning all,

TT.....thoughts and prayers to MrsTT, hope the pain lessens a little with each passing day  :(

WS.....sorry to hear you had to sit thru such nasty weather   :pinch:  fingers crossed today's a better day  ;)2

Eddie.....your sons having any luck in the stand ???

IW......we rode up 28N to 30S to 8S, still lots of green in the trees  :-\  and no ice cream shops open except Stewarts  :blink:

H2L.....how's the back doing  ???

Raquette......can't put the boat up just yet, might squeeze in another day or two  :whistle:

Put a little over 200 miles on yesterday, nice day to ride, better than those 90* of summer  @)   heading to Salmon River today to check out the fish hatchery and the stripping of the salmon  :thumbsup:  always amazing to see all the fish  :o

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.