The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: 4 stroke auger  (Read 1720 times)

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
4 stroke auger
« on: Jan 04, 2006, 03:45 PM »
Has anyone tried the new 4 stroke auger yet for strikemaster? I seen one today in the store but didn't get a chance to ask anyone about it. It looks like it maybe a bit lighter than my 10" jiffy. Does the auger have a build in telescoping extension or is that tube in the center just for extra strength? And how easy it is to start when cold.

Offline settlepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 4 stroke auger
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2006, 04:33 PM »
Did you look at it closely?  I drove 3 hrs to Cabellas to buy one but when I noticed the black spiral part on the bottom was plastic, I said no way.  That is why it is lighter.  If you hit milk ice with that, I dont want to see what would happen to it "SNAP"?, I atleast need a metal blade on mine.  I am sure some will like them but for $150.00 less and made of metal I will take the Jiffy Stealth 2 HP.  Its really a no brainer, atleast for me it was.

Offline scott14580

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2006, 05:21 PM »
 I have one and I love it! It starts w/ no problem and you hardly have to push down to drill holes. It's also as fast or faster than the lazer. It's extremely quiet and their is no smoke at all. Their is no built- in ext. I really don,t know how durable the black screw is but I know it's more than just plasitic. It's about 5# lighter than my old strikemaster(20# compared to 25#) It's a very clean engine when being used.
 Scott

Offline alaskanate

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2006, 11:36 PM »
BAH! Its not ice fishing if you dont smell the 2 stroke smoke in the morning! Same thing with snowmobiling! ;D ;D

Offline BrianF

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2006, 02:46 PM »
I think it is good that they are changing though. It may not be what you want but being lighter def. has it's advantages. I have a 2HP jiffy and would not buy the strikemaster for similar reasons but have to say that they will need to change eventually. Good to see that they are trying and keeping everyone on their toes in the auger market.

Offline BUSCHLITE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 07, 2006, 06:26 PM »
YA , I DON'T KNOW WHY I'M LOOKING AT NEW AUGERS ANYWAY MY 10" jiffy runs great and I only had to give $175 for it used for one season. But its a little overkill for bluegill fishing.

Offline DRabbit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 10, 2006, 08:34 PM »
I think the 4 stroke is a good idea. I cant talk from personanl experience, as i have never used one, but i would think that they would be a nice unit. Why would strikemaster put out the plastic auger if it wasnt strong enough, it is probably plenty strong, just different than everything else. Just my opinion i guess. Hopefully i can see one in action sometime.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.