Author Topic: Moonshine lures  (Read 3154 times)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
Moonshine lures
« on: Nov 11, 2015, 03:50 PM »
Hi all,
I see one of our local tackle shops here in SK. are now selling 2 types of Moonshine lures, the shiver minnow and what looks to be the walleye spoon.

I was wondering if any of you have had luck on either of these products? ???

What colors have been working for you?
Just by looking at the photos I kind of like the color of the yeller feller.

Do they glow for quite a while and what is the action like on the spoon?

I have read that the shiver minnow wobbles a bit as it drops,  how does it's action compare to say a chubby darter?

Any other info on the 2 products is welcome. ;)

I see that Keith Kavajecz from "The Next Bite T.V" seems to do well with the shiver minnow both ice fishing and in the open water.

WW

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Moonshine lures
« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2015, 02:44 AM »
Shiver Minnow is probably my favorite ice lure, but it is more comparable to the Jigging Rap than any sort of darter.  I've never used them with my camera but just watching them go down the hole I've never noticed any sort of wobble to speak of, they are heavy and drop fast.  They swim circles when you jig them.  Their glow paint blows everything else out of the water.  My go to color is the Glow Bloody Nose, if you have colors that you have confidence in get some that are in the same ballpark to start.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline buffalo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2015, 08:55 PM »
I just bought over 20 of the #2 size. Glow and metallic colors. I plan on using them in Saginaw. I was using the #5 jigging raps with a minnow head and a stinger hook last year. Another fisherman was catching keepers and all I caught was small eyes. He was using a #7 rap with no bait. So now I have about 30 #7 raps and the #2 shiver minnows. The shiver minnows looked great this summer next to the boat. I have faith.

Offline vexvision

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Crazy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2015, 08:54 PM »
Agreed, they are heavy and comparable to a jigging rap........except they are of a better quality IMO.
The glow power is out of this world, and Im a fan of the fact that they do not have the head hook. I would often cut those off of the jigging raps because I found that the head hook would catch the ice when I was bringing a fish up which would allow the fish to shake free........not cool.
All of their baits are top notch! Im a huge supporter!
As far as a color choice.......a few of each in various sizes is what I carry at all times!
I have laid aside business, and gon' a fishin!

Offline msfcarp

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Nov 22, 2015, 07:47 PM »
I recommend bloody nose, as already stated, fire tiger and ratchet jaw (spoon colors) we have good luck with them.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2015, 05:54 PM »
I was in 2 tackle stores this past weekend that were selling moonshine lures, so I picked up a couple shiver minnows and 1 moonshine walleye spoon.

I must say that they do have the best glow I have seen on any lure so-far. They glow bright and for quite a while longer then other lures I have. @)

Hopefully the fish around here will like them as well. ;)

Do you guys tip them at all with bait or scented plastics, or do you fish it as is? :-\

WW

Offline RapShack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 03, 2015, 07:55 PM »
I usually tip with meat, sometimes plastic.
I'm a man, but I can change, If I have to, I guess.

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2015, 03:12 AM »
Yes to tipping the treble hook.
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.