Author Topic: Bumble Bee Jigs  (Read 4385 times)

Offline duckbuster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bumble Bee Jigs
« on: Oct 17, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Well, I went ahead and pulled the trigger last week and placed an order for some Bumble Bee jigs from Bentley. The jigs arrived in the mail today and they look awesome. Tied one on and checked out the action in my bait tank, sinks fast and seems to have good action. Will post on how well they work after first ice.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bumble Bee Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Oct 17, 2011, 06:59 PM »
pics?  ;D
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline SPADED

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Watch my rod while i pee...
« Reply #2 on: Oct 18, 2011, 08:40 AM »

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Its got some weight to it!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 18, 2011, 09:39 AM »
The jigs on the top are the bumblebee's. The ones below it with dots are Bentley's lady bug jig. Both work well! Well worth the money. Very heavy and fish super precise! Strong glow on several of them.
I'll keep my guns, freedom, and money. You can keep "The Change"

Offline panfishhunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Oct 18, 2011, 09:52 AM »
def worth the money. those an fiskas are what i use 99 percent of the time either with live bait or plastics

Offline gillmania

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2011, 07:06 PM »
i like the bentley jigs, but the crystle has fallen out of some :(

Offline Zorros shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish N.E. >)))>
« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2011, 07:08 PM »
Look great!

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18, 2011, 07:57 AM »
The jigs on the top are the bumblebee's. The ones below it with dots are Bentley's lady bug jig. Both work well! Well worth the money. Very heavy and fish super precise! Strong glow on several of them.
(Image removed from quote.)

do the bentleys stay put in that case, i have some in the white foam now but the barb on those are so small i see them falling out easily with the tungsten weight

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18, 2011, 10:29 AM »
Fishless- They do stay put fairly well. The white foam that they come in works just as well though. I have two small green Flambeau boxes that I purchased from Fish307.com. They hold the jigs way better than the large grey one from some other site. Not sure why because they aren't any different (only sizewise). They are made by the same company. For the large grey box that the jigs move in, I lay that white foam the Bentleys come on between the layers in the jig box. Have had no issues since! Hope that helps!

Offline fishlessman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18, 2011, 01:00 PM »
Fishless- They do stay put fairly well. The white foam that they come in works just as well though. I have two small green Flambeau boxes that I purchased from Fish307.com. They hold the jigs way better than the large grey one from some other site. Not sure why because they aren't any different (only sizewise). They are made by the same company. For the large grey box that the jigs move in, I lay that white foam the Bentleys come on between the layers in the jig box. Have had no issues since! Hope that helps!
thanks, one ordered, dont want to see the box i have open on its own and dump a bunch out and i can see that happening

Offline dylan8351

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18, 2011, 04:33 PM »
You shouldn't have that problem! Lots of storage and its nice that you can get two or three of the same box and swap out the center for different types of fishing. Its also nice that they don't let water in!

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #11 on: Oct 27, 2015, 08:26 AM »
they are on sale right now and 10 jigs free when you spend 50$ and free ship.

Offline BIGCREW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Oct 28, 2015, 09:16 AM »
i like the bentley jigs, but the crystle has fallen out of some :(
check Walmart or a craft store and pick up a bag of new ones there not that much money either,I found the regular ones and a bag of mixed colored ones in the craft dept at Walmart I bought a bag of each kind for around 5 bucks and you will have enough to last a few years,just epoxy the new ones back on,devcon 2 ton epoxy works the best,I don't think it will matter much but the 5 minute epoxy will turn a little yellow the 30 minute epoxy stays clear once its dry

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.