New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Buck pond area  (Read 942 times)

Offline Spinmoney

• IceShanty Rookie
Buck pond area
« on: Dec 27, 2022, 06:37 PM »
Hey guys looking to fish the buck pond area this weekend. I see Lake Kushaqua has walleye was wondering if they are common to catch out of there or not and also how is fishing on buck pond?

Offline FrozenJig

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Buck pond area
« Reply #1 on: Dec 28, 2022, 04:03 PM »
I'm only familiar with the Buck Pond in Monroe County out near Braddocks Bay
Look for the beer flag, that's where i'm at

Offline step2jimi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Dec 28, 2022, 04:35 PM »
I've fished kush quite a few times and never was a mw to fund much or anything through the ice. A few pike in the summer. Beautiful place though. My buddy has a camp on rainbow and we've caught some nice eyes there but few and far between. Lots of nice bass though.

Offline Spinmoney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 28, 2022, 08:04 PM »
I've fished kush quite a few times and never was a mw to fund much or anything through the ice. A few pike in the summer. Beautiful place though. My buddy has a camp on rainbow and we've caught some nice eyes there but few and far between. Lots of nice bass though.

Are any of the lakes there decent for walleye or is it not worth targeting them up there

Offline cnyiceguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 29, 2022, 05:21 AM »
Union Falls and Franklin Fall are the best bets. Both are tough in the winter but can give up good numbers in summer. Not saying you can't/won't catch some but it might take some time to find them.

Offline Spinmoney

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29, 2022, 09:26 AM »
Union Falls and Franklin Fall are the best bets. Both are tough in the winter but can give up good numbers in summer. Not saying you can't/won't catch some but it might take some time to find them.

Awesome thanks man! I’ll give it a shot this weekend

Offline rball

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2023, 07:38 PM »
There is definatly no walleye in kush, they actaully have been a lost cause in rainbow lake even. They found the oxygen levels are to low to support life in the deep parts of the lake. Franklin and union have them but in franklin all the ones you catch that are legal you cant eat anyway. Really not worth walleye fishing up here. With that being said the ice has gone to crap for us. Going to need some cold for it to be safe again.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.