The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: glendo  (Read 10311 times)

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: glendo
« Reply #60 on: Jan 17, 2008, 08:15 AM »
Going again Saturday, will post another update.

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #61 on: Jan 19, 2008, 05:28 PM »
Skunkola today five of us had about twenty lines out and nobody landed a fish. The Colorado Navy was out today though. Oh well I guess it is a good thing I got the bad luck out of the way seeing as how I am heading to Las Vegas on Monday! ;D

Offline ggg7lazy77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #62 on: Jan 20, 2008, 10:42 AM »
Same here hump.  Got a couple of bites, saw several on the finder, but no luck.

Offline walleye wackin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #63 on: Jan 21, 2008, 09:58 AM »
We found the fish.  No monsters, but a limit of eaters.  Had a lot of fun, the folks a the Lakeview Motel, were very hospitable.  I think we, would have done better if we didn't get froze out.  We'll be back, oh and most of the Colorado Navy are ade up of former Wyoming natives.

Work Less<br />Fish More

Offline MaineWyofishslayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Jan 21, 2008, 12:49 PM »
i was up Friday during that little snow squall and did fairly well. got a limit of eyes and lost a nice cat up under the hole. couldn't get his head turned to start him into the hole. we got that on video as the one that got away. as soon as i figure out how to get those pics on here i will.
Watch your top knot!

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Jan 21, 2008, 12:50 PM »
will be headed back up weds. and thursday if work permits
Watch your top knot!

Offline manual auger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Jan 21, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Nice fish W.W! where were you fishing at? How deep was the water? the last time my bro and i went up, all we could catch was catfish. Not complaining, but i was plannin on taking my old man up, and he would rather hook into the eyes and some perch.

Offline Cargo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 22, 2008, 05:58 AM »
Nice catch Guys! WTG :thumbsup:

Offline walleye wackin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #68 on: Jan 22, 2008, 09:14 AM »
Really, anywhere along the rocky shoreline oposite Reno Cove was good.  20 - 30 feet of water.  The walleye bite was sporadic, 2 - 3 keepers at a time throughout the day.  Keep your jig moving.  The only thing that would bite dead stick rods, was the perch.  You may have to weed through the 8 - 10 inch walleye.  Not a bad thing, new stock for the years to come,   Good Luck.
Work Less<br />Fish More

Offline Baiter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Get jiggy with it!
« Reply #69 on: Jan 22, 2008, 09:54 AM »
Is the bite best in the morning or evening at glendo?  Have any of you guys tried night fishing there yet this year?
Fishing is not about life or death, it is much more important than that! And all I have to say is FISH ON baby.

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Jan 22, 2008, 07:22 PM »
i have had my best luck in the afternoon to evening time moslty due to the fact i dont get up there early in the morning. i am going to get up there tomorrow afternoon and fish that evening and then stay at my buddies in guernsey and go back up and fish all day thursday so i will let ya know if i get anything in the morning time.
Watch your top knot!

Offline manual auger

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Jan 23, 2008, 10:44 PM »
I tried night fishing one night, and only got one bite. Stayed out till11:00 pm.

Offline pathfinder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Jan 29, 2008, 11:29 AM »
Hey Fellas,
I am heading to Glendo for the first time to ice fish I have been reading your posts and trying to soke up as much info as possible, the main question i have is ice conditions.  The other thing is when you say opposite reno cove do you mean on the east side of the lake???

Any info will be appreciated.

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Jan 29, 2008, 09:11 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has been up the last few days, I am going early friday morning and was wondering how the ice is near the shore and how deep the perch are holding. ???

Offline dwilliams

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Slammin' Slabs
« Reply #74 on: Jan 29, 2008, 10:02 PM »
The perch were right on the bottom, I caught 21 on Sat and 15 on Sunday.  They were taking a small minnow on a tiny jig, very light biters, a spring bobber saved the day for me. I did catch one nice perch rip jigging a castmaster, which surprised me.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.