Author Topic: When to charge a 12v lithium ion battery  (Read 1328 times)

Offline maddogg

• Team IceShanty Addict
When to charge a 12v lithium ion battery
« on: Jan 21, 2023, 09:11 AM »
I used my locator 3 times about 7 hr each time. The gauge has been reading 13.4v the last two times. My question is how long(voltage) should I wait to charge the battery.
I found the chart according to it I could wait until it gets down to about 13.1v. does this sound correct?

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: When to charge a 12v lithium ion battery
« Reply #1 on: Jan 21, 2023, 10:00 AM »
I charge mine whenever I'm done using it so it's always full for the next trip. Don't worry about "memory", that care is long gone and primarily attributable to the early Ni-Cad construction rechargables. Li batteries hold a very high charge, compared to SLA, until they reach the end and then the bottom drops out and you're done. If you're going to push by reading your voltmeter, watch the number behind the decimal. The chart you posted seems about right.

Batteries not are rated in discharge cycles. Say your battery has 1000 estimated discharge cycles. This is based on full discharge back to full charge. But now you're only using maybe half a charge and recharging. You will get around twice the charge cycles because you've only used half and recharged.

Do cjeck the pinned topic above "Lithium Battery Care" for more information. It's right on.
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.