Author Topic: Guide light sled discontinued  (Read 859 times)

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Guide light sled discontinued
« on: Nov 08, 2021, 11:05 AM »
So Iím on the hunt for a strikemaster guide light sled, of course I find out they have been discontinued. Has anyone found another brand thatís similar, I donít even know what to search for necessarily. I donít want a jet sled, I have several and my idea is to put the guide light sled in my shanty most of the time and just take it out when I want to hole hop.

Any help? Thanks!
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
Re: Guide light sled discontinued
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2021, 12:29 PM »
Keep a eye out for a vintage frabill ice shuttle,they have not been made in many years but superior over the glide lite.its a windbreak along with a seat and storage sled underneath the seat.wont even need a shanty with a ice shuttle.

Offline vinella

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2021, 04:30 PM »
I am a big fan of the Glide Lite sled as well. Probably my favorite piece of ice fishing equipment. No idea why Strikemaster discontinued them. I believe it was 3 years ago or so. And I have not seen anything else on the market that's similar. Your best bet is to keep an eye on Craigslist or FB Marketplace for a used one. They are getting harder and harder to find.

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2021, 08:18 PM »
Discontinued? All the more reason for me to hang on to mine.

Offline Ryderr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09, 2021, 07:50 PM »
Discontinued? All the more reason for me to hang on to mine.

Yep I went as far as to contact Strikemaster directly to see if they had any hidden in their warehouse lol but they said no. Iíll be on the search on fb for sure
I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there. -Robert Altman

Offline kondan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Dec 03, 2021, 10:07 AM »
I was fortunate last fall to find one on craigslist. New in box for $60! I'm almost finished with my livescope setup on the glide lite. Like others said, keep browsing FB marketplace and CL. Good luck!

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05, 2021, 01:53 PM »
there's one listed on FB Marketplace located in CT for $60

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.