Author Topic: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!  (Read 116644 times)

Offline alaskaruss1

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: New Members to Team Alaska, introduce yourselves here!
« Reply #300 on: Dec 18, 2014, 12:32 AM »
Hello everyone. My name is kenaijim and I am an ice fishing fool. I have lived in south central AK for most of my life. This is the first forum I have been involved with. I fish everyday I can,all over over south central. I have been a fishing guide for 21 years on the Kenai river,Big Lake, and the lake Louise drainage.
Welcome to Iceshanty,  you will fit right in with the rest of us fools.  See you found the Alaska section in the community section of the forum.  :tipup: :icefish: :tipup:

Offline Bowtec HnTr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #301 on: Dec 27, 2014, 06:32 AM »
Hello fellow hard water anglers my name is Shawn I'm 28 just found out I'm gonna be a father. I'm a minnesota transplant been in ak for 6 years. Used to make a living guiding for pike spearing and cleaning fish, I was a resort brat. Anyway love to fish have gear, auger ice saw sled and the new quick fish 945 hope to get out when I can but I'm a sloper so I spend too much time away from home. Heading to lake Louise for New Years hope to catch my first laker and to meet some of you, best of luck and as uncle red used to say keep yur stick on the ice.

Offline No.9 Alaskan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #302 on: Jan 20, 2015, 05:28 PM »
Long time reader, finally joined to maybe give back if I can.  :tipup:
Honestly, my fingers smell like that from fishing!!

Offline AKclam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #303 on: Jan 22, 2015, 12:03 AM »
Hey Everyone, new member Alex Spies here. Moved up here from Minnesota fall of 2013 and loving every minute of it!!

Looking forward to fishing with you!
<><      <><      <><

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #304 on: Jan 22, 2015, 11:28 AM »
Hey Everyone, new member Alex Spies here. Moved up here from Minnesota fall of 2013 and loving every minute of it!!

Looking forward to fishing with you!

Welcome to Ice Shanty..... glad to see you on board.

Offline smelloftrout

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #305 on: Jan 22, 2015, 04:24 PM »
Hello boys and girls,  Im a Travis.  Been busy working the slope last 10 years and havent had much time for hard water fishing.  Now that my little girl is in kindergarten (Im a single dad) Ive been home to put her on the bus.  Been hitting a few of the lakes by my house trying to catch a few 'bows.  Its been pretty fun, but chasing lakers is kind of my dream.  Hopeing to get some time on good laker lakes on good weather weekends that my daughter dont freeze her ice off.  Anyways my main hobbies are hunting, fishing and trapping, which seams to be common enough...  Hope to meet some of you guys and if you recognize me anywhere dont be bashful to say hello.  Good luck with the tight lines!

Offline Ice_Fishing_Fanatic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #306 on: Nov 03, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Hello all,  Here's a little about me.. I have been in Alaska now for 4 years and look forward to many more years here.  I very much enjoy ice fishing and I especially love to take people out and introduce them to ice fishing.  I take my kids out ice fishing as much as my wife will let me, which is almost every weekend.  I also love to hunt, fish, camp and ride ATV's but that gets me through the warm months until I can ice fish again. 
A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work

Offline BrookTroutKid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #307 on: Nov 05, 2015, 10:22 AM »
Howdy guys. Ive been up here with my wife for 1 year now after moving from Utah and I'm loving the fishing, especially the ice fishing.
I live in the valley and last year I think I got out ice fishing around 25 times. Best fish through the ice for me last year was. 21" 4 pound Char. I Figured a few lakes out during the summer and I'm hoping to tear them up through the ice this year. Anyway Im hoping to hit the ice tomorrow for the first time this season!
BrookTroutKid

Offline P.Smith

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #308 on: Nov 06, 2015, 12:07 AM »
    Hi Everyone
    I'm new to the group and new to ice fishing. Moved from Oklahoma to Alaska, ice fishing has always been a dream of mine. Went out last week bought some poles, ice shelter, and big buddy heater. I was so pumped up, had a inch of clear ice on a couple lakes, and then it happened 8 inches of snow. Ice started melting, now it's 35° and raining . but lows next week are supposed to be close to 0° , I'm so ready to do this !!!!
Why do things today that can be put off till tomorrow, or next week???? Let's go Ice-fishing!!!!

Offline twigg589

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #309 on: Nov 10, 2015, 11:07 AM »
Only been up here for one winter but I hit the ice fishing pretty hard and caught my fair share of trout, burbot, and char around the Anchorage area last year. Looking to get into some lakers this year. Does anyone know the ice thickness out on Lake Louise? I was hoping to head up there and try my luck this week. Any information or pointers on how to catch them is greatly appreciated!

Offline willowking

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #310 on: Nov 14, 2015, 10:38 AM »
hello my name is ken and I live in anchorage,, and love to ice fish,, I normally go back to Minnesota every winter and fish the hardwater as much as I can and then I come back home. I decided this year I have to give good ol ak a try and ice fish up here. so it looks like this is a great site to belong to so thank you for allowing me to be a member..

Offline AKicefish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #311 on: Jan 04, 2016, 07:24 PM »
Just moved up from Montana in November.  Excited to learn how to fish the hard water up here and would love to know the options near Anchorage.

Offline johnnycake

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #312 on: Oct 24, 2016, 01:40 PM »
Hey there!  I'm Jonathon/Johnny/John/"ugh, THAT guy again?!", I'm 28 have two young kids (for most trips my 3yo daughter tries to join, her younger brother will likely wait until next season).  I'm in Anchorage, I need to replace my sled, tent, and heater.  I use my Nils 4.5" fitted to my cordless drill for most outings, and plan on buying a 6" auger to go with the same setup. I have a Fishphone underwater camera system that is pretty fantastic, and tons of fun to play with.  Let me know if anybody ever wants to join up and hit the hard deck this winter sometime!

Offline Milbyer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #313 on: Feb 07, 2017, 01:22 PM »
Moved to AK in September. Loving it. Just really starting to get into ice fishing. Seems endless here.

Offline burkdog24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #314 on: Nov 28, 2017, 02:09 AM »
Just moved here to Alaska. Currently active duty Army on JBER. I love ice fishing and cannot wait to explore Alaska. I'm in my mid 30's married with kids. Always looking for fishing buddies so if you are in the area reach out!

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #315 on: Nov 28, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Welcome to the shanty guys!
I'm on the Kenai peninsula so if you ever get down this way I might be able help you out.
KasilofChrisN
"I listen to the voices in my tackle box"

Offline zeke907

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #316 on: Dec 07, 2017, 06:50 PM »
Hey guys, I'm a true Alaskan, born and raised. I've been a fishing fool since the age of 4, when the tug became my drug. I fish as much, and as often as I can, and I would love to share stories, and such with everyone. Let's get these lines wet!

Offline burkdog24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #317 on: Dec 07, 2017, 10:18 PM »
Hey guys, I'm a true Alaskan, born and raised. I've been a fishing fool since the age of 4, when the tug became my drug. I fish as much, and as often as I can, and I would love to share stories, and such with everyone. Let's get these lines wet!

Where you from in Alaska ? If your from around the Anchorage area I need to pick your brain as I just moved here and learning the waters

Offline REFAK

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #318 on: Nov 26, 2018, 11:18 AM »
Name is Rick.  I started ice fishing in Minnesota when I was probably 5 years old.  Had a lot of good times with my dad and grandpa.  I have been in Alaska for 36 years and have fished some of the local lakes in the Anchorage/Valley areas and down on the Kenai.  I look forward to getting out and doing some more exploration and hope to see members out on the ice.  Have a great season and be safe out there.

Offline hanson1013

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #319 on: Dec 18, 2018, 12:05 AM »
Hello,
My name is Wyatt. just started getting into ice fishing last year. looking to help share what little knowledge i have of the palmer and fairbanks area, as well as learn from you! im sure it will be more fo the ladder.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #320 on: Dec 18, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Welcome to the Shanty fellas!
Don't be afraid to ask questions or join in on the discussions.
KasilofChrisN

Offline Graylingking17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #321 on: Dec 28, 2018, 04:55 PM »
Has anyone ever been to Rush Lake Alaska for arctic char in the upper Mat-Su north of Bonnie lake
and how do you get there if so, im just curious because I don't think anyone has ever really fished there?

Offline 49thStateFishing

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #322 on: Jan 01, 2019, 05:14 PM »
Hey all, I'm Josh and am from the valley.   My 5 year old son and I have been getting more and more into ice fishing as it is a great trip to do with kids.   Has anyone been out driving on ice much this year?   Seems conditions really got mixed up with the earthquakes.

Offline Ascendv6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #323 on: Jan 23, 2019, 01:48 AM »
Hello,  I am Darren. Ben in AK for a couple of years.  My wife and I do alot of fishing from our canoe in the summers. Decided to try ice fishing this year and really love it.  Ben ot a few times now,  can't wait to go as much as possible before breakup. 

Offline fishfoolz

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Love it when they Crush It!!
« Reply #324 on: Feb 02, 2019, 03:51 PM »
Fishfoolz here from Anchorage.  Love hard water fishing for burbot, pike, Lakers and monster char and bows.
Tell me the location of your Burbot Hole!

Offline msta999

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #325 on: Mar 06, 2021, 11:55 PM »
Hi all, I'm Matt, haven't done any ice fishing since I was a kid, back in the 70's. I live in Houston, Alaska and am just looking at doing some ice fishing locally for now. Great forum, glad I found it.

Offline kasilofchrisn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #326 on: Mar 07, 2021, 09:30 AM »
Hi all, I'm Matt, haven't done any ice fishing since I was a kid, back in the 70's. I live in Houston, Alaska and am just looking at doing some ice fishing locally for now. Great forum, glad I found it.
Welcome Matt!
I'm in Soldotna but I hear there's some good fishing up your way.
Good luck!
KasilofChrisN

Offline msta999

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #327 on: Mar 07, 2021, 12:01 PM »
Thanks! I  have heard that too, thats why I'm looking at it again.

Offline sawick92

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #328 on: Nov 08, 2021, 01:42 AM »
First winter in alaska. Used to beating up walleye, perch, lakers, muskie, pike in NY. Looking forward to this upcoming season. Located in Anchorage. Dont know many people and want to learn the area icefishing.

Offline kwackkillncrew

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #329 on: Nov 08, 2021, 11:25 AM »
lots of stocker rainbows and char around town. most of the char are pretty beat up looking from living in the hatcheries. Head out towards the valley and you can find nicer fish. Big lake has some pretty nice fish in it. Thats were i normally go if i fish around town. Generally head 3-4 hours north for catch and release laker fishing. Not nearly as many people on this ak forum then there use to be but they people that hang around i generally pretty helpful.
I will never be a "Prostaffer" because I dont pimp products fo free

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.