Author Topic: Bantam Ice  (Read 3780 times)

Offline vaughan

• Team IceShanty Regular
Bantam Ice
« on: Feb 12, 2022, 06:45 AM »
Anyone fishing Bantam this weekend?  Planning on quick trip Sunday and would appreciate any info on ice conditions.
Thanks!

Offline roofman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Bantam Ice
« Reply #1 on: Feb 12, 2022, 12:58 PM »
Skunked today.Fished off Folly Point.Ice 12" thick soft on the top.Edges are shot.I walked out through water.

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 12, 2022, 08:12 PM »
I was there Friday. I was drilling through at least 8 inches of good ice in a part of the lake that usually doesn't have the best ice, so most popular areas should be safe. There was a lot of water on top of the ice and I imagine it was sloppier today. There may be some surface refreezing tonight, and you may find yourself breaking through partially refrozen surface ice in some places tomorrow. There might also be a couple of iffy edges. Make sure you have your cleats and that your boots are waterproof.

Offline ctbob

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 13, 2022, 04:28 AM »
Great trip, great fish, congrats.

Offline fishoninct

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fishon and often. Leave no trace.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 14, 2022, 06:27 AM »
Saw a lot of peeps out on Saturday. We checked it as we headed back from Highland   Lake.
If you can't play nice, get off the ice!

Offline ChrisO81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2022, 03:45 PM »
Zero edges at Bantam today.    A few open spots off point folly and in the north bay.  The boat ramp was wide open water!   Thanks d be thinking with the freeze we should be good to go by Sunday.[/img]

Offline ChrisO81

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2022, 12:27 PM »
Bantam is still a no go.  Oddly enough I’m on Mt Tom now.  Easy on/off.  Unfortunately there’s just no fish here.  I’d be thinking Bantam is don’t for the year unless you are really crafty with extra long planks.

Offline bob fishin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2022, 01:54 PM »
Bantam is closed for Pike today. We were out on the ice Saturday off Point Folly. Walked on & off . No Plank,  5-6 " ice, some thinner spots.
Slow day, a few perch and a bunch of pickerel . NO pike.  There were a few guys in the south bay , a couple others near us & 2 huts on the far eastern shore .
Be safe .  Might be on the ice this weekend.

Offline robertlbelrose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 01, 2022, 02:26 PM »
I'm a bit on the cautious side now myself and it's a long drive to be worried about where I step. Last year towards the end I went to a spot people were saying was 8 to 10" of safe ice.. well they were half right- with every step I took near a hole I could see the water level raising and lowering, lol . The next day people were going through. Use peoples reports to decide to make the drive or not, but be safe and carry a rope, spikes, and spud bar wherever you go this time of year. :-)

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Mar 01, 2022, 07:13 PM »
I'm a bit on the cautious side now myself and it's a long drive to be worried about where I step. Last year towards the end I went to a spot people were saying was 8 to 10" of safe ice.. well they were half right- with every step I took near a hole I could see the water level raising and lowering, lol . The next day people were going through. Use peoples reports to decide to make the drive or not, but be safe and carry a rope, spikes, and spud bar wherever you go this time of year. :-)

I drove by often, save yourself the drive.

Offline Bassassin420

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2022, 06:53 PM »
Hey man when was the last time you drove by? Are we good for tomorrow?

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11 on: Mar 05, 2022, 06:25 AM »
Hey man when was the last time you drove by? Are we good for tomorrow?

Last night.  Dont know.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.