Author Topic: Walleye  (Read 6822 times)

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Walleye
« Reply #30 on: Jan 25, 2022, 08:15 PM »
Thinking I’ll hit Mashapaug on Thursday before the storm :tipup:

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 11, 2022, 12:20 PM »
Beach tonight. Been slow for me but still picking away at them Eyes.

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 13, 2022, 08:37 AM »
Has anyone been out after them East of the river the last two days? I’m trying to decide where to fish this afternoon, safety being priority number one.

Thanks,

-Eric

Offline PerchMan45

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 13, 2022, 08:48 AM »
Has anyone been out after them East of the river the last two days? I’m trying to decide where to fish this afternoon, safety being priority number one.

Thanks,

-Eric

Mashapaug was MOBBED yesterday. I didn’t fish it just drove down to check out the scene. Dozens of cars parked in Bigelow Pond parking to walk down to the big lake.

The ice on that lake scares the bejeezus out of me but it’s probably safe on the well trafficked areas. Use extreme caution if you venture out to the right side past the channel when I fished it about 2 weeks ago there was 9-10” in the channel and only 4” on the right side.

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 13, 2022, 09:03 AM »
Thank you very much for that. I figured Mash would be safe but it’s an hour from me and I don’t know any spots there. I’m headed for a ride now and if Mash is the only game in town, I’ll fish it.

-Eric

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 13, 2022, 09:17 AM »
Hit Beach 2 days ago and had 5 inches but not great ice. Gardner had better ice a few days ago but I was there Thursday.

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 13, 2022, 09:42 AM »
I was on Gardner Wed. night and the ice was good. I measured over 6” at my holes. Flags were flying early but it died once it got dark. Not sure how it faired during the warmup.

-Eric

Offline hardfloor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 15, 2022, 07:34 PM »
Beach was good to me again tonight. Got 3 Eyes and 8 Perch. Ice was 5ish but hit a slush spot that my spud went through in one punch.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #38 on: Feb 15, 2022, 10:31 PM »
Nice work guys.  My night exploits have been focused over the border in mass. Crappie bite is good. No slush spots!

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 16, 2022, 06:19 AM »
Nice work guys.  My night exploits have been focused over the border in mass. Crappie bite is good. No slush

I guess your spot is better than mine. I fished into dark for them too last night and it went completely dead after the sun went down
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline cphubert

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 16, 2022, 08:20 AM »
Fished Mt Tom yesterday (2/15) a few other groups with trout by the beach I fished the cove for eye's but nothing, no flags, nothing with jigs, fished until dark. Ice was good, solid again, edges strong with 8 to10 inches in the cove. hope the weather holds.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Feb 16, 2022, 11:32 AM »
I guess your spot is better than mine. I fished into dark for them too last night and it went completely dead after the sun went down

Thats happened to me a few times on Hatch.  Great bite then dead.  Green light helps a bunch but after some A B testing I learned the crappies were still feeding, just mich shallower than I was fishing.

Most of my trips lately are at night, welcome to join me anytime.

Offline TT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 16, 2022, 12:40 PM »
JawJackers for crappie Jon?

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Feb 16, 2022, 12:41 PM »

The JonJacker  ;)

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 16, 2022, 12:57 PM »
The JonJacker  ;)

I'm not sure that's the best nickname to get stuck with  :roflmao:

Offline eiderz

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Feb 16, 2022, 01:22 PM »
In this case it's a compliment.

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Feb 16, 2022, 01:27 PM »
Pretty neat hearing a jacker go off on a calm night. No jackers for me though. Tonight’s walleye fishing will be done with Lakers 👍👍.

-Eric

Offline robertlbelrose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 16, 2022, 07:51 PM »
I've seen slime darts abused too, but today I was really disgusted- someone out on Roiseland left a 16" LMB and a 14" trout on the ice in one spot, and a 10" perch at another hole. Let them go if you aren't going to keep them!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #48 on: Feb 16, 2022, 09:30 PM »

Yes sir.  They work nice after dark.  Can illuminate them pretty well too.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #49 on: Feb 16, 2022, 09:31 PM »
I'm not sure that's the best nickname to get stuck with  :roflmao:

My ex's nickname haha!

Offline robertlbelrose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 16, 2022, 09:59 PM »
Unfortunate. These are the people that I report to environmental protection… total scum bags. It’s animal abuse and a complete waste of a life. There isn’t really any excuse for it. I rarely keep fish, almost always practice catch and release, but if I catch a trout that swallows the hook and dies I will gladly grill it up for dinner. No excuse to leave it on the ice.

I wish I knew who did it- they looked a couple days old at least. If they were fresh I would have grabbed them :-/

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Feb 17, 2022, 05:44 AM »
I might just have to do that Jon. Extended forecast is actually getting cooler again. Hopefully we get another month before the ice gets too beat up
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline imsafanct

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Feb 17, 2022, 06:39 AM »
Wow, you aren't kidding Ryan. We're in weird pattern of really warm for two days followed by several days of nice and cold, then really warm for another two days. Not complaining of course.

-Eric

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #53 on: Feb 17, 2022, 10:37 AM »
I might just have to do that Jon. Extended forecast is actually getting cooler again. Hopefully we get another month before the ice gets too beat up

Its a good time.  Went last night but didnt deploy the green light.  Results undesirable.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.