Author Topic: Snowdog Cover??  (Read 4431 times)

Offline WYOBEAR

• Team IceShanty Regular
Snowdog Cover??
« on: Aug 11, 2021, 06:29 PM »
I finaly bought a new Snowdog this last weekend!  Super excited for the upcoming ice season.  My main concern is a cover for it as it will be on a open trailer.  What does everyone use?  I have heard just to use a BBQ cover but is this the best option?  Thanks for all the help!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Snowdog Cover??
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2021, 08:42 AM »
I don't have a Snowdog but it makes sense that a BBQ cover would work great. They aren't that expensive and they are usually padded/insulated a bit which would be a bonus. Other than that I imagine it would work just fine to lay a tarp down and drive over the front half, then fold the back half over towards the rear of the 'Dog. Plenty of straps and should be good to go! But if it were me, I'd probably be looking for a BBQ cover!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2021, 10:43 AM »
I would totally use a bbq cover.they probably have one that fits nice,waterproof and pretty cheap.my vertical  smoker cover is padded and waterproof and has velcro straps to hold it on.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2021, 02:11 PM »
I would totally use a bbq cover.they probably have one that fits nice,waterproof and pretty cheap.my vertical  smoker cover is padded and waterproof and has velcro straps to hold it on.

Add some grommets and a couple bungees/straps you will be golden ..BBQ covers should be going on sale/clearance soon.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline coldwillie11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 22, 2021, 06:12 PM »
Just got my new dog yesterday, can’t wait for ice. They now have factory covers new this year, $75 for the standard cover. I ordered mine already as I will also have in open trailer

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 23, 2021, 10:24 AM »
Im picking up a new sport this week. I would like to buy the snowdog cover but I want to protect the lower part also. Doesn’t look like the snowdog cover will do that. I will be using a hitch cargo carrier for transport. I want full coverage and easy on and off. Not sure that will be possible.

Offline Panfisher78

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Nov 23, 2021, 01:31 PM »
Im picking up a new sport this week. I would like to buy the snowdog cover but I want to protect the lower part also. Doesn’t look like the snowdog cover will do that. I will be using a hitch cargo carrier for transport. I want full coverage and easy on and off. Not sure that will be possible.

Picked up my sport yesterday. My dealer is ordering me that cover but not sure if it’ll work or not with the hand guards on the new sport

Offline Gator800r

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 01, 2021, 12:27 PM »
Picked up my sport yesterday. My dealer is ordering me that cover but not sure if it’ll work or not with the hand guards on the new sport

I took the hand guards off. I want to be able to transport it on the receiver cargo hauler with the sled upside down on top of the snow dog. Sled fits on top perfect without the hand guards.

Offline dubob

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Life is good!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 22, 2021, 10:29 AM »
I decided on this cover.  It also acts as my storage shed for the dog and the other three sleds.   ;D

Is it ice yet?

:thumbsup:
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I’m 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
“Free men don't ask permission to bear arms.” ― Glen Aldrich
“Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” ― Dr. Seuss

Offline Ranger619

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Jan 01, 2022, 10:22 AM »
Awesome setup dubob !!!
Fish as much as you can we're not here forever!

Otter Cottage Pro X Over
Marcum LX9 LX7 LX3
Thorne Bros,G Austin & TUCR Rods
Striker Lite Flite Milwaukee Fuel M18

Suzuki 750 King Quad W/Otter Monster Box

Offline coldwillie11

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Jan 06, 2022, 07:28 PM »
I finally got my new snow dog out last weekend, hauled on an open trailer with the factory cover, cover fit great, nice and snug. Kept the dog clean and dry. Highly recommend the factory cover.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.