Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Perch

Perch Jigging Rod Suggestions

<< < (2/3) > >>

meandcuznalfy:

--- Quote from: Icephishwyo on Jan 28, 2021, 10:54 AM ---The pan fish carbon is the in between of these two that has become my new favorite blank!

--- End quote ---

I'll have give one a try, think it was one I wanted but they were out of them.

theTUGistheDRUG:
JT Gold Digger 34"

greenbackhunter:
42” light Elliot evolution, if you want shorter, the 32” paragon is a nice rod too.

bigstorm:
I fish perch in deep water normally, usually use some type of spoon with a dropper chain, sometimes downsize to a tungsten jig and plastic or upsize to a jigging rap. I dont feel there is any 1 rod that will work for all 3 styles. for anything heavier than a tungsten 5mm and plastic, my favorite rod is the TUCR Fusion with the JT Customs Shiver Stick just behind it. If using smaller tungsten jigs/plastics, the TUCR Bullwhip or Prec Noodle or JT Rouge will work as well.

I was not a fan of using the bullwhip for 1/8oz baits, 1/16oz was fine. I may be the minority but I wasnt a fan of the Bullwhip overall. The tip was great, but once it hit the backboard it was stiff as a board, I prefer the Precision Noodle from TUCR or the JT Customs Rogue when it comes to noodle rods

Baetis62:
I like my Fusion a lot as well.  Also a big fan of the Mojo Ice. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version