The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Chaumont Bay trips  (Read 16569 times)

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Chaumont Bay trips
« Reply #30 on: Nov 28, 2021, 04:59 PM »

I’ve lived in the area my whole life and this place puts out trophy eyes
 I don’t think you can go wrong with CM
 Just my .02

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 28, 2021, 05:33 PM »
Booked up after a few years of having it on the expanded destination list. Looking forward to it. High risk, high reward.  ;D

Offline Hardwater2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 28, 2021, 05:52 PM »
Been wanting to fish there for years. Have a trip booked in January with CM. Really looking forward to it!

Offline PennAngler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Dec 01, 2021, 02:07 PM »
Noob question here, but what species are you targeting on the guided trips? We fished Champlain last year and loved it and the family wants to do another ice fishing trip this year.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 01, 2021, 03:13 PM »
I’ve lived in the area my whole life and this place puts out trophy eyes
 I don’t think you can go wrong with CM
 Just my .02

Thank you my friend!
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m
www.Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2021, 03:14 PM »
Noob question here, but what species are you targeting on the guided trips? We fished Champlain last year and loved it and the family wants to do another ice fishing trip this year.

Hi Buddy, We mainly target Walleye and Perch but the Pike and Lake Trout are great fishing as well.
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline Mike Reilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 09, 2021, 04:05 PM »
louis hows it going buddy hope to see ya this year any ice yet

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 09, 2021, 05:24 PM »
louis hows it going buddy hope to see ya this year any ice yet
Hey Mike! Good to hear from you..  We have some ice forming in some of the siacked areas but hopefully we can get a little lucky and have ourselves something to fish on around New Years. I guess we'll see. Shouldn't be much longer before we can be on some inland spots tho. Maybe we can get a good report out of Ron and do a Lake John trip over Christmas.. Talk soon
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 13, 2021, 07:04 PM »
Hey Louis. Hope you are well Sir! Looking forward to the trip. Doing some waaaay too early planning and gear inspection. What line would you recommend for walleye there? Thinking 10# flouro leader but unsure about main line.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 13, 2021, 07:28 PM »
Hey Louis. Hope you are well Sir! Looking forward to the trip. Doing some waaaay too early planning and gear inspection. What line would you recommend for walleye there? Thinking 10# flouro leader but unsure about main line.
Never too early my friend! Lol... I use 10lb Suffix 832 braided line to a 10-12lb Fluoro leader, sized so the leader ends before getting spooled when I hang the hook on the hook keeper. I also really like the Ultra 8 Carrier Superline by Berkley in 10lb as well.
See ya soon!
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 13, 2021, 07:52 PM »
Thanks! Glad my head was in the right place. Hope you will be joining us 1/14. Winter is coming!

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 14, 2021, 06:51 PM »
Thanks! Glad my head was in the right place. Hope you will be joining us 1/14. Winter is coming!
Yes I will. See ya soon!
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Jan 03, 2022, 08:40 AM »

Hi Guys,
The Bay is taking shape! Feel free to reach out fr any info on Guiding, Lodging or Rentals.
570-510-0911 Louis
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline Sufishticated

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Jan 03, 2022, 09:15 AM »
Can't wait to get out there for some fun, will not be too long now.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 03, 2022, 09:34 AM »
Can't wait to get out there for some fun, will not be too long now.
Yes! Hopefully the wind can cooperate for us too.
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline pinkwonbrd

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Jan 04, 2022, 06:52 PM »
This looks to be about a hour north of Pulaski, made that trip many times from central pa.  Been asked to go along this season with my ice buds, recommend for a healthy 70 year old?

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 04, 2022, 06:56 PM »
Definitely! Just wait for conditions to be right and travel by sled. Let me know if I can be of any help! GL
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #47 on: Jan 05, 2022, 09:21 PM »
We fished with Louis 2 years ago for mainly perch.  We had 6 people that went to stay with him and all I can say is it was absolutely phenomenal.  Louis was very knowledgeable with fishing that area and was very friendly and accommodating to everyone.   We caught so many perch it was crazy.  In the 2 days of fishing, we caught over 1000 perch.  Size ranged from 4 inches to 13.5 inches.  Was a blast when they came into the hole, would hook up as soon as would get down the hole.  We are looking at another trip later in the season again, but several of us work in health care so not sure if can get off work.  It was definitely nice to have the snow machine cause was a decent drag with the snow on ice and also with the cold temps.  Can't go wrong with his guiding service.  Nez

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 08, 2022, 08:40 PM »
We fished with Louis 2 years ago for mainly perch.  We had 6 people that went to stay with him and all I can say is it was absolutely phenomenal.  Louis was very knowledgeable with fishing that area and was very friendly and accommodating to everyone.   We caught so many perch it was crazy.  In the 2 days of fishing, we caught over 1000 perch.  Size ranged from 4 inches to 13.5 inches.  Was a blast when they came into the hole, would hook up as soon as would get down the hole.  We are looking at another trip later in the season again, but several of us work in health care so not sure if can get off work.  It was definitely nice to have the snow machine cause was a decent drag with the snow on ice and also with the cold temps.  Can't go wrong with his guiding service.  Nez
Thank you very much! You guys definitely did crush that trip, I was just as happy!! Also, I sent you a pm. Talk soon.. Thanks again!
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Jan 08, 2022, 08:48 PM »
Hi guys, Just wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that as of today we are fishing! Some winds are going to threaten the bay tomorrow but after that it should conducive to ice making.. We have solid fishable ice in front of my place and we did pretty well on our first outing this afternoon. Anyone looking to come up let me know, we offer lodging, guiding and rentals including snowmobile. Thanks guys and good luck to everyone this season no matter where your fishing!  570-510-0911 Louis

Also, you can get updates via our facebook at Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
« Reply #50 on: Jan 13, 2022, 05:05 AM »
Hi guys, Just wanted to give you a quick update and let you know that as of today we are fishing! Some winds are going to threaten the bay tomorrow but after that it should conducive to ice making.. We have solid fishable ice in front of my place and we did pretty well on our first outing this afternoon. Anyone looking to come up let me know, we offer lodging, guiding and rentals including snowmobile. Thanks guys and good luck to everyone this season no matter where your fishing!  570-510-0911 Louis

Also, you can get updates via our facebook at Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters
How are the current conditions?
I an considering a trip I. 2 weeks

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 16, 2022, 05:38 PM »
Just got home from fishing Chaumont with Louis the past 3 days. Top notch. Highly recommend it if you want to catch a trophy walleye.

I lost a SLOB the first day. Rest of the trip had them pretty sluggish due to the artic blast but guys were still picking trophy eyes. The 13# fish caught on Friday was within a stones throw of our shanty. Today we pulled to new grounds with another group from the lodge and the other group got a 27” beauty. Had to tuck tail and run home to beat the snow.

Louis knows his stuff. Super knowledgeable and helpful for anglers of all experience levels. Genuinely loves to fish and put people on fish. It shows.

Also met so many great people and die hard anglers at the lodge. Gotta be dedicated to fish -12!  ;D

Pulled hook on the shiver minnow first day was a heartbreaker, but had it on for a good minute and it was doing whatever it wanted. Guaranteed slob. Amazing fight. I will be back to get it!!! 

Thanks Lou! Keep up the great work Sir! Looking forward to the next one.

Offline Seany2234

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Feb 10, 2022, 09:00 PM »
Hey bud what are your rates if I came up on a solo trip for walleye? I don’t have a sled either

Offline starcraft180

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Feb 11, 2022, 02:25 PM »
My group of guys are heading up to fish with Chaumont Masters from 2/20 to 2/23.  We can not wait.  Really looking forward to it. 

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #54 on: Mar 14, 2022, 08:04 PM »
Made my last ice trip of the year to the same place as my first. Bomb cyclone be damned. Stayed with Lou and fished all day Sat and Sun am with a buddy. We lucked out on the cyclone but moving around in the wind was not too fun on Saturday. Started out by Herrick and my buddy set on a big creature first thing but the hook slipped. Ice out there was starting to rot from the bottom. From there it was pretty tough. Moved in shallower but just perch here and there. Started closer to duck bay on sun am and had some walleye cruising but wouldn’t commit. Better perch action with some nice ones coming up to say hello. Even got a bonus pickerel that gave a spirited fight. Moved to the other side of a hump and played with some rovers for a bit. Assumed they were perch. Just as a snow squall started creeping in I was marking with looked like 2 perch until it wasn’t…. Hookset determined it was an elusive golden eyewall. 25.5” and a new pb. Perfect placeholder until next year! Will be back and ready to conquer a giant. Thanks Lou, keep up the good work buddy!

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Oct 28, 2022, 10:07 AM »
Hello, everyone. I hope you’re fall fishing and hunting are going well! I wanted to reach out to thread because I would like to offer this weekend at the lodge FREE to anyone who is going to book a winter package or fall walleye trip. I know its last minute but anyone interested can message me on here or call or text for more details at (570) 510-0911. This weekend winds are looking great and the Bass, Walleye and perch have picked up. Thanks!

Louis

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/39470053?guests=1&adults=1&s=67&unique_share_id=a834ecad-54e4-4d09-b94b-964923eea0e2

ChaumontMasters.com
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline theTUGistheDRUG

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Oct 28, 2022, 04:58 PM »
Your the man Lou. I am getting over Covid or I would seriously consider. I will be in touch soon about walleye.

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Oct 30, 2022, 10:37 AM »
Your the man Lou. I am getting over Covid or I would seriously consider. I will be in touch soon about walleye.

Thanks, Jeremy! Get well soon buddy. Also, thanks to Ron and company for coming up this weekend and booking a trip! Im going to do the same offer for the weekend of November 11th and 12th if anyone is interested in a freebie. Before I announce it on Facebook I'll leave it here for a few days so the ice shanty crew can book first! Anyone that would like to reach me feel free to do so at 570-510-0911. Or [email protected].
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Oct 31, 2022, 10:52 AM »
Thanks, Jeremy! Get well soon buddy. Also, thanks to Ron and company for coming up this weekend and booking a trip! Im going to do the same offer for the weekend of November 11th and 12th if anyone is interested in a freebie. Before I announce it on Facebook I'll leave it here for a few days so the ice shanty crew can book first! Anyone that would like to reach me feel free to do so at 570-510-0911. Or [email protected].

The weekend of Nov 11th has now also been taken but anyone who would like to do weekdays between now and the end of November feel free to get in touch! The weather is looking like we'll be in the 60's all week--which is beautiful for this time of year. The perch, bass and now walleye are all active as well! Thanks!
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Offline ChaumontMasters

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 12, 2023, 09:22 PM »
Hello, anglers! The Bay is starting to take shape and we should be fishing up here by Sunday as long as we don't get too much snow. If anyone is interested in coming up feel free to reach out. Im offering 10% to anyone that would like to book weekdays for guiding lodging and rentals! Also, were running a statewide (NY) Statewide tourney with weekly prizes as well as a 5,000$ NY State record Bounty for any species in our tournament! (Yellow Perch, Lake Trout and Walleye). *You must have our hat on in the tourney entry* Were paying 6 cash prizes to or walleye division and gioving out AMPED lithium batteries to 2 weekly winners for 6 weeks! Feel free to reach out to me with any questions! And please check out our Facebook Page
Facebook.com/ChaumontMasters Or our website ChaumontMasters.com 570-510-0911

Follow the page for conditions reports

Sincerely,
Louis
Chaumont Masters
    Master Class Outfitting

www.ChaumontMasters.co m

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.